Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.19 Safety Training
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 272
Apr 10th 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 19
  • First aired on April 12, 2007
  • Written by B.J. Novak
  • Directed by Harold Ramis
  • Northern Attack Recap

Mike, you’re a very brave man. I mean, it takes courage just to be you. To get out of bed every single day knowing full well you gotta be you.

Apr 10th 2007

This is not technically a spoiler but I know some people don't like to know ANYTHING including NBC promo info, so stop reading if you're one of them.

So, as I mentioned in the Question: thread, I saw some photos that I've been dying to talk about but I didn't want to visit the spoilers thread and get more info than I really wanted. But a recent NBC promo showed what I saw in the photos so now I can discuss openly! Yippee! Jim and Pam standing together in the parking lot! Did Jim and Karen have a fight? I know I'd be delusional to hope for a break-up already so my best guess is that they're fighting. Why else would Karen "let" Jim stand by Pam?

I say this every time, but I am sooo looking forward to this episode. The promos looked so S2-ish.

Apr 10th 2007

I think Jim & Karen broke up, Karen & Pam hooked up, and now Pam & Karen are in a fight because Pam wants kids and Karen doesn't. At least, that's what Greg Daniels told me when he came to me in my dream last night.

Apr 10th 2007

I haven't seen the promos but I've seen the pictures in question. Given NBC's history of misleading promos (it's not just The Office, it happens on Friday Night Lights too), I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm not expecting any Jim/Pam movement until the last episode or two.

I'll be glad to be wrong though.

Apr 10th 2007

At least, that's what Greg Daniels told me when he came to me in my dream last night.

God, I hate it when that guy pops into my dreams.

Apr 10th 2007

Yippee! Jim and Pam standing together in the parking lot! Did Jim and Karen have a fight?

I'm of the general opinion that two people standing together means absolutely nothing. I think just because Karen and Jim aren't attached at the hip doesn't meant they're fighting or broken up. As much as I wish Jim and Pam were about to make out in the parking lot of doom, I doubt it.

Apr 10th 2007 edited

According to wikipedia, BJ Novak wrote this episode. Overall, he writes really good episodes and has had some sweet Jim and Pam moments in those episodes, so there might be more to the parking lot scene than we think.

Apr 11th 2007

According to wikipedia, BJ Novak wrote this episode. Overall, he writes really good episodes and has had some sweet Jim and Pam moments in those episodes, so there might be more to the parking lot scene than we think.

Novak's other episodes are Diversity Day, Sexual Harassment, The Fire, Boys and Girls, and Initiation. I'd say that list supports the Thief's theory. I've analyzed the writer list by episode before, there are definite patterns to be found in the writers that have written multiple episodes.

Apr 11th 2007

Hey, long-time reader and first-time poster here. I have a good feeling about this episode - of course, I say that before every episode, so . . . catch 22. I think that Safety Training will be a bit of a homage to the Season 2 episodes, with Michael teaching by example (what not to do), Dwight blindly helping him, and everyone else providing different reactions to Michael's lunacy. What could be a better recipe for getting Jim and Pam to talk than Michael being Michael? That being said, I won't get my hopes up for anything major, but I do think that they will have a conversation better than The Negotiation's.

Apr 11th 2007 edited

Holy crap, this thing's tomorrow.

After long layoffs, the second new one really sneaks up on you.

Welcome, NotaBadDay.

Apr 11th 2007

I know, i'm not used to it...i had to have a mini recap of this season because i didnt have the time because i spent it on friday night lights. i guess i'll just have to do some speed preparation for tommorow

Apr 12th 2007

I'm just as excited for this episode as I was for Negotiation.

Okay, so maybe not as excited. But pretty close. I'm really excited to see how in the world this season is going to wrap up....

My prediction...in the early weeks after S3 season finale, we're all going to be happy people. We're going to be able to look back at season three, and specifically these last 4 or 5 episodes, and we'll be able to see the whole big picture, and we'll sing and dance and hold hands and hug, and be all in love with the Office again.

Bet on that!

Apr 12th 2007

T-minus nine hours, fifteen minutes and counting.

Apr 12th 2007

GO SABRES!!!

First game of the playoffs tonight...but I think I'm going to stick with the office

As for Pam standing next to Jim in the pictures, it may mean nothing. But maybe Pam is taking Roy's advice?

Apr 12th 2007

Judging by the way they're standing next to each other, I'd say things are looking up for those two.

Apr 12th 2007

What's a Sabre?

Apr 12th 2007

it's a Buick, i think

Apr 12th 2007

What's a Sabre?

It's one of the remaining weapons that haven't yet been confiscated from Dwight. (DftF - go check your desk, see if it's still there.)

Apr 12th 2007

Then how do sabres "go"? Do they go, "whoosh"? Or do they go, "boom"? I wonder if Tigre and Bunny would like them if they went "boom", or if that's just cars. Maybe sabres go, "Why not?" And rapiers are all, "Because."

Alternately, it's possible that sabres go quietly. Or swiftly. Or with panache. Attitude. Perhaps a sabre only goes when told. Does it go when asked?

Go, sabre, go "boom"! Go quietly into that good night! Go Sabres!

Apr 12th 2007

Eight minutes and counting. And I have a fix for the VCR problem, so my obsessive rewatches will proceed unimpeded.

Apr 12th 2007

Feels like a quick first commercial break.

Apr 12th 2007

Nice to have Drew back.

Apr 12th 2007

Did the cold open contradict what happened at the end of last episode?

Apr 12th 2007

I hate you people. It's still more than two hours away. I will be avoiding this thread now. I'd forgotten that East Coasters were watching it as we type.

Apr 12th 2007 edited

Where was the cameraman for that last roof shot?

Apr 12th 2007

Best Stanley line ever?

Apr 12th 2007

so i dont know how much more i can take of jim and his gf being together...

Apr 12th 2007

Nerfy life. I love it!

I have always been pretty indifferent about Ryan, but after this episode, I really just don't like him. Although I did laugh at his, "Well, at least it's nice outside" line. Still, poor Kelly. She needs to find someone else.

Apr 12th 2007

I'm of the general opinion that two people standing together means absolutely nothing.

Okay, CZJ. You were right. Damn. Well, maybe it didn't mean NOTHING, but definitely not what I was hoping for. At least they're talking and smiling at each other similar to S2.

I'm still surprised that Karen wouldn't be standing next to Jim too.

I know I got my hopes up for this episode which is probably why I feel a little disapointed.

Apr 12th 2007

Creed and the potato: Priceless

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >