Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I like it when the cards go thwwwwp: Silly Things we Love
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 251
May 2nd 2007

right now i'm playing freecell, and I know what Pam means...

oh, and i love chewing ice.

May 2nd 2007

Nice thread PamCasso.

I love shaking a spray-paint can and hearing the little thing inside rattle.

May 2nd 2007

that's a good one! nail polishes also do that. speaking of toxic liquids...i love the smell of white out, nail polish, etc. yum!

May 2nd 2007

I love all of those smells as well PamCasso which is kinda scary when I think about it. At least I don't have an addictive tendancy toward things (besides this show of course)

Denise

May 2nd 2007

Good thread!

I like being the first one to dig into a new jar of peanut butter.

May 2nd 2007

I love the way laundry smells.

May 2nd 2007

Seeds in raspberry jam. My wife's eyebrows. The way a pickle jar pops when you open it for the first time. The smell of minkoil. The sound of a faraway train in the night-time. The chop-chop-chop of sprinklers in the morning of what you know is going to be a hot day. The wind in my face when I come over the top of a big hill on my bike. Vin Scully. Waking up, realizing I don't have to be up yet, and going back to sleep.

I could go on all day.

May 2nd 2007

Seeds in raspberry jam.

I bought seedless raspberry last week. It is so not better. It is terrible, a peanut butter and jelly travesty. I'm so disappointed. I should make donuts just so I'll have a use for the stuff, and then I can stock up on the good stuff again. Strange thing to feel so strongly about.

Silly thing I love? Licking the plate after pancakes/waffles/French toast.

May 2nd 2007

Licking the plate after pancakes/waffles/French toast.

I do that after spaghetts. It rules, and no woman in the world is ever going to make me stop! (This means you, mom / Mrs F / cousin Mary Frances!)

May 2nd 2007

Solidarity, brother.

May 2nd 2007

(fist bump)

May 2nd 2007

I love the way laundry smells.

Laundry smell is awesome!

The sound a soccer ball makes when you kick it. Having staring contests with my dog. Duct tape. Pez dispensers. When eating at Wendy's, dipping fries in your Frosty. Snow. High fives.

May 2nd 2007

Soccer thwock five!

</The Todd>

I really like the smell of junipers in the desert. It's best at about six in the morning in June, when the temperature is about 38 degrees, and you're standing out on a country road stretching while wearing a parka, knowing that in about three minutes you're going to stick that parka in the car and set out on your bike, and by the time you get back it'll be 80 degrees and there will be insects making that menacing rattling noise they make all summer.

May 2nd 2007 edited

Waking up, realizing I don't have to be up yet, and going back to sleep.

This is potentially one of the best feelings in the world ever.

Just sitting and reading when you have absolutely nothing to do and you look at the clock and it's been like two hours.
The pot roast smell when you come home on Sunday after church.
Otter pops.

May 2nd 2007 edited

Tying a necktie just right.
Setting the clock ahead so you always have more time than you think.
Hearing a joke that everyone's heard and telling it to the one person who hasn't.

May 2nd 2007

Otter pops.

Which do you like? My favorites are Red and Green. (I'm sure they're supposed to be fruit-flavored, but who are we kidding?)

Here's one that's a little melancholy: Sitting on the roof outside my brother Mickey's room in the summertime, drinking beer. My parents moved out of that house while I was in college, and I'll never sit on that roof again. It had an amazing view, west across the city to the Terwilliger Hills. We'd get out there just after the sun went down and the sky would be irridescent, all pinks and purples, and everything would smell like elms. It was best if my parents were out of town, cos then we could stay out there all night if we wanted.

May 2nd 2007

Orange and Pink. It's best when you have both at one time. (TWSS)

May 2nd 2007

What flavor is Pink supposed to be? Most are fairly easy -- Green is lime, Purple is grape, Red is either cherry or strawberry, I could never be sure -- but Pink has always eluded me.

May 2nd 2007

I think red is cherry and pink is strawberry. Blue is "blue raspberry" or something but whoever made that up was seriously stretching. (Maybe it's blue blast.) Honestly, the only blue fruit in nature I will not name here for fear of igniting another food war.

May 2nd 2007

The Berry that Must Not Be Named is the only blue fruit I can think of.

Playing with the Google translator.

To free fires! Beginning from Grassetto

This came from:

[Plural of gynecalogical noun] of glory! How dare you!

I went from English to Italian, back to English, to Japanese, back to English, to Arabic, back to English, to German, to French, back to English, back to Italian, and back to English once more. (I think that's right.) This is why we have humans do this most of the time.

May 3rd 2007

Awesome thread!

Bagels with no holes. The way hair feels underwater.

May 3rd 2007 edited

The sound a beer bottle makes when you take off the cap.
Baseball on the radio.

May 3rd 2007

Sharp scissors making the first cut in a piece of thick construction paper.

May 3rd 2007

Silly things we love, huh? Well these aren't that silly, but I do love them.

The smell of firesmoke.

Maple syrup on ice cream, specifically vanilla.

The "Thursday Night" feeling. It's an actual feeling. It happens on Thursday afternoon on my way home from work. But it also happens on Wednesday night, after I finish my shift at my night job. It's a feeling that conveys the following thoughts: "Tomorrow is Thursday. Tomorrow night is Thursday night. Friends are coming over to watch some TV and hang out. The Office is new. I don't have to work a shift at my second job till Saturday a.m. The day after Thursday is Friday." It's kind of hard to explain, but I think some of you get the Thursday Night feeling as well.

May 3rd 2007

You just made me get it Daoust.

May 3rd 2007

I love little fuzzy ducks
old pick-up trucks
root beer in a glass
and grass

May 3rd 2007

You have that in common with some guy I don't think I've ever heard of.

May 3rd 2007

I feel this song by that guy.
The cheap gas part anyway.

May 3rd 2007

Tom T. Hall is that guy. You probably don't know him specifically as a performer, I know he really isn't my favorite to be honest, but he's an outstanding song writer. He wrote Harper Valley PTA and Alan Jackson's Itty Bitty

And something else silly I love? I really really love a good map. A topographical map can entertain me for hours. The night I discovered google earth I didn't go to bed. I also cannot fathom how people don't know their local land marks, and then I end up coming off a complete geographical bigot when I lecture them for not knowing the name of that river or mountain.

May 3rd 2007

I have such a different perspective but:

When everyone is home at night, and the house gets quiet, lights off, doors locked. The house knows when the day is over and all are safe. All my chicks under my roof. No greater feeling.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 251
Top of PageBack to discussions