Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.22 Beach Games
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 20
  12. >
1 to 30 of 596
May 5th 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 22
  • First aired on May 10, 2007
  • Written by Jennifer Celotta and Greg Daniels
  • Directed by Harold Ramis
  • Northern Attack Recap

We are all participating in mandatory fun activities. Funtivities!

May 5th 2007

Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) is being considered for a position in Corporate and has to recommend his replacement.

Hmm...

May 5th 2007

anyone watch the nbc promo?...

May 5th 2007

All I have to say is thank God it's supersized. I can't deal with a storyline being cut short, especially when they tease JAM action.

May 5th 2007

especially when they tease JAM action.

That's what she said ;-)

Looking forward to it, though I must say I'm geographically ignorant when it comes to Northeastern Pennsylvania (there's a "Lake Scranton"?).

May 5th 2007

I looked it up. Yup.

May 7th 2007

I just hope the promo isn't building us up for a huge let down with JAM. I'm really afraid of getting my hopes up because have been dashed so many times before...I really don't know how much more tension I can take before the JAM relationship begins to lose its luster. I have a feeling that nothing HUGE for JAM will happen during beach games...But I'm really hoping to be surprised! It will be interesting to see the Office go into Survivor mode...I can't wait to hear what gets revealed at tribal council!

May 7th 2007

I wish they had spread the JAM out over the past few episodes, because now you know there is gonna be Jam-heaviness everywhere on these upcoming episodes.

And I hate that.

May 8th 2007

The whole part of the promo where Pam is looking in the camera while the fire rages behind her...really contributes to my anticipation for this episode.

Which is why it sucks that I'm gonna have to tape it while I'm at my otherwise awesome job Thursday night from seven to ten. :-(

But I have plenty of tape :-)

May 8th 2007

I was avoiding that promo, but NBC.com/the_office sandbagged me again. I clicked on the Heroes page link immediately but it didn't load up and I ended up catching most of the preview, so I went back and replayed it, figuring what the hell at that point. My guess is that it's incredibly misleading like so many other promos. I can't see her pouring out her heart in a group setting, which is what that looked like, after all this time. She probably opens up about something much more mundane but topical to the moment.

May 8th 2007

My guess is that it's incredibly misleading like so many other promos. I can't see her pouring out her heart in a group setting, which is what that looked like, after all this time. She probably opens up about something much more mundane but topical to the moment.

Yeah, it's something like "Stanley is only concerned about his raise, Dwight and Angela are dating, and Michael wears a schoolgirl's dress because Jan has those kind of fantasies." :-p

May 8th 2007

Yeah, it's something like "Stanley is only concerned about his raise, Dwight and Angela are dating, and Michael wears a schoolgirl's dress because Jan has those kind of fantasies." :-p

This is what I'm thinking too. Kind of a "I'm going to spill all your secrets because you didn't let me play along" thing. I kind of hope she tells them that she's sick of being a receptionist and to consider it her two weeks notice, but I don't see it happening in the context of the show.

May 8th 2007

Maybe she goes to NY. Maybe she decides to move up in the world. She should.

May 8th 2007

Unless she quits and Michael can only lure her back with the offer of a design job?

May 8th 2007

Would Michael even know to lure her back with the offer of a design job?

May 8th 2007

Sure he would, with a basket of washable Crayola crayons, construction paper, non toxic glue sticks and safety scissors. That should do the trick.

May 9th 2007

Coupons and pencils, too.

May 9th 2007

Promos usually are the most misleading spoilers.

May 10th 2007

a little less than 11 hours...

May 10th 2007

So why is tonight's episode scheduled from 8:40 to 8:20 (EDT) when last week's had to be 8:36 to 9:19? Are they trying to make it hard for viewers to adapt to odd time formats?

Prediction: Michael will propose or at least allude to a wet t-shirt contest. It just seems like to perfect a setting for him not to.

May 10th 2007

So why is tonight's episode scheduled from 8:40 to 8:20 (EDT) when last week's had to be 8:36 to 9:19?

I guess only our time-travelling friend DwightfromtheFuture can watch this shortened episode.

Typos aside, I think they can't, or don't want, to see how this is really playing out. It sounds good to "supersize" episodes, and it is, but there needs to be regularity and structure in television programming. They can't just be jerking America around. Cause, now we have the internet and DVDs and can watch what we want, when we want. NBC needs to behave.

May 10th 2007

has anybody been over to officetally? is there something wrong with the site?
(i am freaking stoked to watch tonight's episode! how sad not to let Pam participate in all the Survivor:Lakawanna Co. competitions...)

May 10th 2007

I've been back and forth over there several times. No problems. And isn't it strange to feel sad for Pam being left out? I can't explain it either.

May 10th 2007

And isn't it strange to feel sad for Pam being left out? I can't explain it either.

No, not strange...life's not a spectator's sport, and unfortunately this whole 'sitting on the sidelines' thing is pretty much a metaphor for how Pam's felt all season. Time for her to break into the action, I say! Blaze your trail, Pammy!

May 10th 2007

Don't call her Pammy.

May 10th 2007

'sitting on the sidelines' thing is pretty much a metaphor for how Pam's felt all season

Spot on.

May 10th 2007 edited

Is everyone else on here as anxious for tonight's episode as I am?

And you guys mentioned the show being on at 8:40pm but I swear I heard somewhere that the Earl finale was supposed to be an hour. Is that right?

Nevermind. I checked the NBC website and its only a supersized episode

May 10th 2007

I'm popping in here real quick, not reading any of the thread though.

It's going to be a tough night for me. I got my Mother's Day present early, a Sansa Rhapsody MP3 player. W00t! We ordered it last night and I did in-store pick up at Best Buy today. So,... I am dying to go home and play with my new toy. (TWSS)

But there's also brand-spanking-new almost finale 'Office'.

Tough decisions...

(I think I will make it through.)

Was that braggy? I didn't mean for it to be braggy. (We don't get new gadgets in our home very often, so I am a little overly excited about my music player ;)

May 10th 2007

My nephew has a Sansa and he loves it. Nothing braggy about being giddy about a new toy. So Happy Mom's Day and enjoy.

Is everyone else on here as anxious for tonight's episode as I am?

Yes.

May 10th 2007

I didn't mean for it to be braggy.

I wouldn't have called you braggy if I knew you were a braggart.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 20
  12. >