Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.23 The Job
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 28
  12. >
1 to 30 of 837
May 11th 2007 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 23
  • First aired on May 17, 2007
  • Written by Paul Lieberstein and Michael Schur
  • Directed by Ken Kwapis
  • Northern Attack Recap

I’m going to be your new boss. It is my greatest dream come true. Welcome to the Hotel Hell. Check-in time is now. Check-out time is never.

May 11th 2007

Already?

Already?

Already?

(I'm sorry, I think I broke my brain.)

All right. I'm ready for this "interesting role" to actually be interesting. You can do it, Pam. Come on.

May 11th 2007

I've been intrigued by the part about "Dwight's new regime." Does that mean he won the competition at the beach?

Pam (Jenna Fischer) plays an interesting role

Taken out of context, that's the understatement of the year.

May 11th 2007

The man did roll around on a bed of hot coals.

May 11th 2007

Is it my imagination or does the next episode thread appear earlier and earlier each week? I'll check back for an answer nex Thursday.

May 11th 2007

I almost feel like there should be an extra week between "Beach Games" and "The Job". Kinda like the Super Bowl.

May 11th 2007

It's going to be a long, long, long week, that's for sure. Makes one wish for time-traveling capabilities.

May 11th 2007 edited

Alright, so...who gets this job?

Is there any way on earth that it won't be Karen? Is there a way in which, if it is NOT Karen, she might still leave? I just want her to leave, that's really all I care about. I'm serious...I don't even care if Jim/Pam doesn't quite happen in the finale, as long as they clear out the excess baggage (Karen) so that they can focus on the real issues between them.

May 11th 2007 edited

I'm assuming that whoever goes won't be coming back, right? Jim went away, came back. They've used up that trick. Michael can't go. Jim can make a bold move and turn it down. We would not miss Karen.

Is there a chance that no-one from Scranton gets the job?

May 11th 2007

well to me its very obvious that karen gets it, moves to nyc, and leaves the show

however, this is the other situation i have running through my head, granted far fetched i know. if jim gets it, maybe pam leaves for the internship in nyc and they meet up there. however its so far fetched, because whoever leaves for this job in nyc, pretty much leaves the scranton office, because there is no turning back after accepting this position

also jim could get the position but stay for pam, leaving karen to get it as a second choice, which would be a nice cliff-hanger. jim getting offered the job, turning it down, and having to wait next season for the reasons for not taking it

jim could get it, because recalling hte cocktails episode, jim and the cfo are boys

May 11th 2007 edited

Jim could get it

I agree: Jim gets the offer, turns it down, Karen takes sloppy seconds.

My caveat: It disturbs me to think we could have it worked out so perfectly. I'm usually surprised by the turn of events on the Office. In this instance, I'd like to predict the scenario and be amazed by the details of its execution.

May 11th 2007 edited

Moved to spoilers thread...

May 11th 2007

It's definitely Karen, and that opens the door to good Scranton-NY interaction, especially if she and Jim split and she ends up his boss's boss. Hopefully she wouldn't leave either with Jim or still attached to Jim. Yecchhh.

I doubt they'd send Jim away again. But suppose they did. He could do it to move on from Pam, but that's a total repeat of what's happened. Suppose he left, but only after they came to some kind of understanding where they communicate all their feelings for one another and he takes the job just because it's a great opportunity, he won't be that far and maybe they're taking their relationship slowly anyway. It's almost a new improved version of what happened before with him leaving for Stamford, only this time his return would be more triumphant.

Michael isn't going anywhere, unless it's like the way Dwight left, i.e. quite temporarily. He is funny in New York, though. What if he had Jan's job and was in Scranton all the time? Eventually he would blow it and return home, but there's fodder for good antics there. It won't happen, though.

There's no suspense. It's Karen.

May 11th 2007 edited

Editing out follow-up post -Nathan

May 11th 2007

Vampiric Blood, you might want to move that post to the spoiler thread. Some people would be disappointed to come in here and read that.

May 11th 2007

Brian, how do I move the post to another thread?

May 11th 2007

If you click "edit" you can just cut and paste it.

May 11th 2007 edited

follow-up

May 11th 2007 edited

Just saw it...yeah, VB, that's spoiler stuff.

May 11th 2007

OK, I'm moving it! I read the spoiler policy a few weeks ago & forgot. Sorry, everyone.

May 11th 2007

I was under the assumption that Karen gets it and that's why she's off the show next year. Is there really any other way this could go? Is she really a good enough character that you'd want scenes of her on her own in NYC (a la Jim in Stamford) taking up time next year?

May 11th 2007

That would be a travesty.

May 11th 2007

What would?

May 11th 2007

I don't give one little tiny crap about Karen, and if they waste our time with a bunch of her storyline next year, I plan on being elaborately bored and complaining a lot about it here. Brace yourselves.

May 11th 2007

Brace yourselves.

Don't need to...I'll be right there with you. Obnoxiously so.

May 11th 2007 edited

I'll be right there complaining as well.

I read the perfect description of Karen recently on TWOP. I wish I could take credit for it:

Hi, I'm Karen. I'm bland and I wear pants.

May 11th 2007

Lol! That's classic. I love how she wore black and white to the freaking beach yesterday. Sheesh!

May 11th 2007

Pam doesn't know Jim's going to Corporate for the interview. She was at the fire pit when he announced it. How does she react when she finds out? I hope they let us know or at least refer to it with a talking head.

May 11th 2007

How does she react when she finds out?

She may just figure, hmm...must be an an annual check-up.

May 11th 2007

She may just figure, hmm...must be an an annual check-up.

Well done.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 28