Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
A summer of speculation: Part Deuce
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 49 of 49
May 19th 2007

The soundtrack to Hell is the Eagles, as far as I'm concerned (though Styx might get a play or two just because of the name association). All the devil-worship rock is too obvious, throw in some Perry Como or the entire back catalogue of Tony Orlando and watch the poor souls writhe in agony.

May 19th 2007

The soundtrack to Hell is the Eagles

This is false. The correct answer is REO Speedwagon. We also would have accepted Yanni.

And yes, that was a total Hotel California riff. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. And the sheets are made of fire.

May 19th 2007

But does Don Henley co-manage with Satan? I was always confused about that.

Oh, and the master of ceremonies in Hell? Celine Dion....

May 20th 2007

Isn't this actually like "part Trois" or something? Anyway. I was just thinking of possible season for plotlines and I came up with this: How cool would it be if we got like a compare and contrast season four. One office on Thursday, one on friday, two completely different storylines like the other didn't exist. One is starting immediately up from where they left off (Thursday) and the Friday one starts like nine months in the future they've broken up, wont talk about it and we start episode two at the beginning and move back and forth from end to beginning till we meet in the middle and find the reason for the mistake then the last episode is the resolution where they get back together. Oh forget it, im just looking for a way to get to see more office.

May 21st 2007

Hey, I like the Eagles.

If you ask me, Hell's dj probably spins Harry Connick Jr. 24/7.

May 21st 2007

Connick >> The Eagles

May 21st 2007

I think my video does a good job clearly explaining why so many people misunderstood the finale, there's a lot more to it than you think.

Yes that video is all speculation, but you can't argue that that final scene is SUSPICIOUS.

May 22nd 2007

Okay tinathan. You have outdone yourself. I think my biggest laugh of the season came from watching your video. Some might think that I shouldn't be encouraging you, but I loved it. There's probably no conspiracy at all, but your theory is totally plausible. Maybe I'm just afraid of you.

May 23rd 2007

i hope this is the right thread for this...

i think jim & pam will be taking it very slow, at least what we see of them in the office. i think that toby may be gone (i don't wish this tho!) & the hated hr guy from corporate will come to scranton. i think this guy is hated because he's a stickler for following the rules. rules such as "no office romances". which could also lead to strain in the dwangela relationship.

i only think this because david wallace made such a big deal of explaining it, even giving his name - which i can't remember at the moment, during the scene where most peoples attention was focused on pams note to jim.

thoughts?

May 23rd 2007

his name - which i can't remember at the moment

Kendall. uuch.

May 23rd 2007

This does get back to the question of whether Pam actually "reports" to Jim. She reports to Michael, and Jim is Michael's second, but is he second over the sales group or the whole office?

May 23rd 2007

Michael would probably tell them to figure it out for themselves because he has more important things to deal with.

May 25th 2007

Jim is Michael's second, but is he second over the sales group or the whole office?

This also begs the question is Andy still Regional Manager in Charge of Sales (or whatever he was)?

May 25th 2007 edited

Michael would probably tell them to figure it out for themselves because he has more important things to deal with.

Well of course, he does have a company to run after all.

May 25th 2007

I have to say that I think this season has given 'unresolved sexual/romantic tension' a bad rep.

This season was angst, pure and simple. I actually didn't detect much real tension. Probably the closest we came was the phone call in Initiation or the conversation at Phyllis' Wedding (before it all went to pot).

I am stating here, on the record, that I think Jim and Pam are definitely taking their first steps into a romantic relationship at this point. I don't know how far along they'll be come September, but I'm in the camp that kind of hopes they haven't gotten TOO far yet. I love me some unresolved sexual tension...I'm not ashamed to admit it. I love the charged feeling of watching two characters who really REALLY want to take things to the next level but are being careful/holding back for whatever reason. Maybe Jim and Pam decide, because of all that's happened in the past year, to take it slow...maybe they don't want to rush and mess things up. Maybe they want to give themselves a chance to ease from the friendship they've always known to something more.

But that just gives us the loaded conversations, the accidental touches, the smouldering looks, the stolen kisses and all within the confines of a dull office environment (AND, best of all, all of which are able to be relegated to a back story and not the main focus). I would love it. :)

May 25th 2007

Creed seems to know the combination to Michael's safe and keeps recording it in his blog. Odds that will play a role in a S4 episode, anyone?

I'm in your camp, Emmyjean. The scenario you described would perfectly take advantage of Jim and Pam's "new chapter".

May 25th 2007

But if it's a "date" date, I don't see how they could explore the friendship thing and be dating at the same time. Jim called it a date instead if saying "Great! It'll be fun" or the like, and the look on his face was more one of determination (let's give it a whirl) than relief (I'm so glad we're back on good terms). That said, we can have plenty of enjoyable sexual tension without having unresolved sexual tension. You really aren't supposed to be all kissy face at work with your coworker (and maybe boss). I would like to see Jim and Pam definitely together but trying really hard to downplay it at work. We can still get all the glances and lingering touches and they'll still be exciting.

May 25th 2007

Jim called it a date instead if saying "Great! It'll be fun" or the like...

Well he could have been using it in the generic sense, as is putting a date in your diary. I actually say "It's a date" all the time when referring to things non-romantic.

At least Jim didn't say "It's an engagement", that could mean the same as a date but that really would've sent this discussion into a frenzy.

To be clear, I believe it is a "date" date, not just a fun night out or whatever (although I suppose that's what a date is anyway). I mean I believe Jim had romantic intentions.

Apr 12th 2010

To be clear, I believe it is a "date" date

Know what? It was. Good call, MB!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 49 of 49
Top of PageBack to discussions