Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
A booze-fueled sex romp: The Office Convention in Scranton!!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 298
May 19th 2007 edited

It's been released that it's in October!

October 26-28th to be exact!

The official website it up!

www.TheOfficeConvention.com

Keep checking www.TheTwoCents.com as we get more information!

Are you going? I just booked my hotel for the weekend! WOOHOO!!

May 19th 2007

Well, the apparently didn't get our flyer about the Idaho meeting in late August. We're all going to wear our t-shirts and drink Nog-a-sakis.

May 21st 2007

Conversation between Mr. Tear and I just minutes ago...

Me: So, honey, ya wanna go on a cool weekend trip get-away in October? We can go to Scranton, PA for an Office convention!

Him: Oh my g...

Me: Hershey's not too far away, so we could go there too after I'm done geekin' it up in Scranton.

Him: You would have to really make it up to me. I mean really... I'm talking "Star Trek convention" making it up to me...

Me: Oh no! THAT is not a proportionate response!

Him: Oh yes it is.

Me: (a few moments later) So would you even consider going?

Him: If you really wanted to.

What a guy! Thank God for real-life "Jims".

May 21st 2007 edited

My wife is wonderful, loving, kind enough for both of is, supportive, engaged . . . and not remotely interested in going to Pennsylvania for any reason. Maybe if there was a Project Runway convention going on at the time time. A Project Runway convention hosted by Alexis Denisof. Then we might go. But sadly, I must remain at home.

May 21st 2007 edited

Well, to be fair, if we lived in Oregon, there's no way he'd even consider it, being a Jim or not. But it's just a weekend driving trip for us so, catch-22.

May 21st 2007

Sweeeeeet!

May 24th 2007

If Scranton was close enough to me for an easy drive or quick flight I would have to seriously consider going to this. But it isn't. However, if I knew that Stanley would be there to tell all of us to get a life, I'd figure out a way to be there.

May 24th 2007

ha!

Ditto.

May 24th 2007

Hmm, one of my best friends from college lives about 2 hours from Scranton...

(I don't know if he's a big enough nerd though.)

May 24th 2007

Well, the apparently didn't get our flyer about the Idaho meeting in late August. We're all going to wear our t-shirts and drink Nog-a-sakis.

Wait, where in Idaho? Greater Salt Lake metro area or Northern pine-tree area? Native Idahoan wants to know!

Aug 6th 2007

Any more updates on who plans on going? I'm still begging the husband. :)

(poke, poke...anyone out there?)

Aug 6th 2007

Being 1500 miles away makes it a challenge. Plus once the kid is born he'll only be 3mths old. The wife did a baseball card convention 8yrs ago and a comic book one 6yrs ago. She said she has paid her dues on my conventions. I would love to get out there, perhaps the NA'ers could get blitzed, but it's looking like a no go for the time being. Does that make us lessor fans if we do not attend?

Aug 6th 2007

(poke, poke...anyone out there?)

Aww, man, you poked me in the eye.

Aug 6th 2007 edited

Eeek! Sorry!

(pat, pat...)

Aug 6th 2007

That's What She Said.

giggity!

Aug 6th 2007

That's what she said

Aug 6th 2007

giggity!

Whoa, criss=crossing shows there.

Aug 6th 2007

Sorry, it just felt appropriate.

Aug 7th 2007

perhaps the NA'ers could get blitzed, but it's looking like a no go for the time being. Does that make us lessor fans if we do not attend?

We could all get blitzed at our respective homes and giggle online all night.

Aug 29th 2007

FINALLY!!

The Convention People have sent me some info! No doubt they will post on their website too!

They sent the tentative schedule and we have it posted at TheTwoCents.com!!

Aug 29th 2007

We could all get blitzed at our respective homes and giggle online all night

Booze and giggles. What's not to like?

Aug 31st 2007 edited

MORE News!

The "Party Planning Committee" in Scranton has added two new events to their list they posted the other day.

One is the Dunder Mifflin Stockholders Meeting presented by the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce (Sunday, October 28). This would be a fun presentation I would have to guess!

The other is a little more interesting to fans of TheTwoCents!!

Bloggers' Breakfast (Sunday, October 28)!!

That's right! And guess who is a part of it? US! TheTwoCents.com will be a part of the Blogger's Breakfast! So, if you're going to Scranton - we finally get to meet!

So, I'm dying to know - who IS going to Scranton? What do you think of this?

Aug 31st 2007

I would love to go to this. My girlfriend called me and found out before me. Our October is packed, and while technically we could go, funds are an issue.

Sep 20th 2007

Anyone else confused about this whole convention? Tickets go on sale soon but what exactly does a ticket get you? The convention is being held at various locations in downtown Scranton. I don't need a ticket to go to Scranton. So does the ticket get me into everything that is Office related that weekend (the convention kick off at the Radisson, the street festival, the halloween party, the Office Olympics, trolley tours, closing ceremonies, etc)? I don't want to buy a ticket that only gets me to, say, the kickoff party, then I have to pay extra for EVERYTHING else that's going on. And if stars actually show up (no confirmation yet), does my ticket get me a place in line for autographs or will I have to wait in line for hours along with anyone else who came to Scranton that day?

I guess I could have just asked simply, "What exactly will the ticket allow you to do?"

Sep 20th 2007

Yep. I'm confused too. I'm really not sure if I want to go. Everything seems so willy nilly. Not that I don't think there is any planning going on. I know there are lots of people working on this. But I just don't understand what I'm purchasing or what's even going on. If it were a true 'convention' there would be a list of events and an all events pass kind of thing right? Discount rates at the local hotel, etc. I just don't feel like it's that cohesive. Worries me.

Sep 20th 2007

Totally agree. The way they've doled out info so sparingly and not really advertised anything that sounds appealing makes me glad we can't go. I think the Scranton Visitors Bureau needs to get its s* together.

Sep 20th 2007

Word.

Sep 20th 2007

Perhaps if I were single, I'd just go and see what happens. But if I go, husband and 2 small kids are coming too. I can't bring kids with me and not have a clue what's going on.

But I keep hoping that they'll get things straightened out. I'd love to find a way to go and make it some kind of family weekend getaway.

Sep 20th 2007

But if I go, husband and 2 small kids are coming too. I can't bring kids with me and not have a clue what's going on.

This is also my problem. I don't want to cart the husband and the son all the way down there just to find out that the only thing going on is belly-dancing classes at the local laundromat, you know? (I am not trying to be offensive again, but I've not yet seen an agenda that is Office related.)

Sep 20th 2007

Now that I live in LA, it makes so much more sense to me to have the convention here rather than in Scranton. We could tour the set and it wouldn't be as hard to get cast and crew to show up. Also, I wouldn't have to spend any money on a plane ticket to get there.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 298
Top of PageBack to discussions