Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
A booze-fueled sex romp: The Office Convention in Scranton!!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. >
271 to 298 of 298
Sep 9th 2008

Well said Madge.

Sep 9th 2008

That's a really tough schedule, ST. How long will he be working there? I've always thought that the one thing people working out long distance relationships could do was to invest in cameras for their laptops or monitors so that at least you and the kids could see each other everyday when you talk (because emails and phone conversations are not a very satisfying replacement for the person).

Well, out West is through December but then they're scheduling him somewhere in Pennysylvania and Chicago for early next year. He's supposed to settle into a few locations that he'll only have to visit occassionally and then work from home the rest of the time. But I don't know when that will be. And yes, we do have the webcam standing by.

Sep 10th 2008

I think we need a more Office-themed title for this thread. Maybe A booze-fueled sex romp: The Office Convention in Scranton.

Sep 10th 2008

Talk to Bobblehead Joe.

Sep 10th 2008

That's my favorite super-power.

Sep 10th 2008

I would say for me that it's definitely worth it to spend time with my wife and daughter. It just kills me when I can't provide things for them...I take my role as provider very seriously. I have a very good job and make good money, but to really advance I'd need to start spending a lot more time at work, including schmoozing with people off hours.

I guess you can't have it both ways. I remember growing up, I knew a kid whose dad owned two businesses. They were well off, and people were jealous of how much money he had, and the vacations they took. But his dad couldn't even find the time to go watch his son play basketball (and he was a really good player). I think I would have traded all those vacations for more time with my dad.

Sep 10th 2008

including schmoozing with people off hours.

I hate schmoozing.

Sep 10th 2008

I do too. It just seems so transparent to me, like you are out to get something. Which I guess you are.

Sep 10th 2008

I wonder sometimes how Mr. Fishing will balance his demanding job, which he loves and is quite good at (he's one of the youngest managers in his ENTIRE company right now) with the reality that we plan to have kids soonish. I know he wants to be the father that coaches the little league team, or the dad running the camcorder at the piano and dance recitals...that's HIM. But I have this nagging feeling that the demands of his job - and consulting is not a 9-5 dealio - are going to interfere with his dad time, when that time does come around.

I worry entirely too much.

Sep 10th 2008 edited

I worry entirely too much.

If you're planning on having kiddos, get used to it. It's a disease that you can't get away from. Not if you're a good mom.

Sep 10th 2008

I hate schmoozing.

I'd use the word despise, that always seems stronger than hate to me.

Sep 10th 2008

I'd use the word despise, that always seems stronger than hate to me.

Hate, despise, loathe, scorn.....any of those will work. Bottom line, it's bullshit.

Sep 10th 2008

I wonder sometimes how Mr. Fishing will balance his demanding job, which he loves and is quite good at (he's one of the youngest managers in his ENTIRE company right now) with the reality that we plan to have kids soonish. I know he wants to be the father that coaches the little league team, or the dad running the camcorder at the piano and dance recitals...that's HIM. But I have this nagging feeling that the demands of his job - and consulting is not a 9-5 dealio - are going to interfere with his dad time, when that time does come around.

Wow. This seems exactly what Mr. Tear is going through right now. He's trying very hard, though, and we just have to take it one day at a time. I'm sure Mr. Fishing will sort things out, too.

Oct 29th 2008

Here's a little new info on the next possible convention.

May 1st 2013

Once, I would have cared.

Also, hi there, VG from the Past!

May 1st 2013 edited

What a nerd...you cared enough to post that?

And...VG From the Past is way out of your league, Bri. So back off.

May 1st 2013

I think Greg Daniels got the idea for the current Jim and Pam storyline from reading the last two pages of this thread.

May 1st 2013

Yeah, crazy, huh? This place is a group diary. Glad we set that auto-destruct mechanism back in '06.

May 1st 2013

Some day, when I have absolutely nothing else to do, I'm going to go the end of this forum and start reading every comment in every thread, all the way up to current. Doesn't that sound like fun? Okay, maybe not fun. But doesn't that sound better than working?

May 1st 2013

This place is a group diary.

It really is. Sometimes, when I'm really procrastinating, I'll go back and look at threads. I was just looking at the kids' thread, and there's stuff I wrote there about my son that I wouldn't have remembered otherwise.

May 1st 2013

That's actually pretty cool. I really hope this place never actually disappears. It's fun to read the old stuff.

May 1st 2013

I think Greg Daniels got the idea for the current Jim and Pam storyline from reading the last two pages of this thread.

Except he missed the subtext where even though people were going through the stress of living apart for work related reasons, they weren't on the verge of divorce.

May 1st 2013

I never re-read here. And when I accidentally do, I feel creepy.

May 1st 2013

So does that mean I shouldn't whiten every old thread by posting random thoughts, just for fun?

May 1st 2013

You should. You very should.

May 1st 2013

Oh, yeah. I did that a lot.

In my defense, it was fun.

And it might have seemed random, but they were usually at least trying to be on topic to the various threads.

And I was very, very bored.

May 16th 2013 edited

From a recent interview with Greg Daniels that I just read in my beloved Macleans:

Q: What about the decision to create more drama in the Jim and Pam relationship in the final season?

Daniels: I sometimes go on the websites to find out what the fans thinkā€¦ It was a decision not to have a lot of drama in their relationship, because they were soul mates. And especially not to have an affair or anything like that, because it was so romantic.

But people complained that there was nothing going on with them. So this season we tried to very realistically introduce some issues so they could have more drama in their personal lives. Sometimes it would lead to more emotional moments when they were getting back together, or where they were growing apart, but you had more of an emotional storyline for them. But people still complained.

I just saw this interview and I remembered this conversation so I thought I'd drop it here.

May 16th 2013

my beloved Macleans

Now that takes me back. Talk about NA nostalgia.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. >