Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
This is emotionally magnificent: Discussion of contest entries
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 258
Jun 18th 2007 edited

Let’s face it. We’ve got some serious talent on these boards and that talent needs to be rewarded. Talk about what you liked, laughed hardest at, etcetera. Gush, people, gush!

This thread is currently reserved to comments from only contest #1.

ETA: If you need a refresher, contest #1 can be found on about page 2 with the other threads from 7 days ago.

Jun 18th 2007

How 'bout that Jinx, he can't even count words correctly! Apparently it really is incalcaculable for him.

Jun 18th 2007

Three lines I thought were really funny from the first few entries:

1. Michael: Oh my. Oh wow. That is coming right back up. (Gags)
  2. Dwight TH: Beet farm accident. It was a clean cut....mostly.
  3. Jim TH: And sometimes… well… sushi isn’t always the only thing on the menu. Or the desk.
Jun 18th 2007 edited

Here's a link to challenge #1. The challenges will only remain stuck for 2 weeks.

Jun 18th 2007

Can we talk about who we voted for?

Jun 18th 2007

Maybe once the results come out? When will we get to see the top three?

Jun 18th 2007

I know! I'm anxiously awaiting the results.

This week is going to be busy. Judging contest 2, writing contest 3, talking about contest 1... Good thing it's the last week of the school year!!!

Can't wait to see who ended up in the top three. Best of luck to everyone.

Jun 18th 2007

Um, may I direct your attention to a clarification posted earlier by 2'CtoC regarding whether there will be an announcment of each week's winner:

I think we'll just announce the winner at the end of the 8 weeks. The main goal of the contest is having fun, and we don't want to discourage those who don't gain many votes along the way, but still enjoy the weekly challenges.

Jun 18th 2007

Adding to Little Yellow Note Thief's list...

• There are monkeys in the wild that greet each other by shaking genitals. Totally natural.
  • Your story’s about a four-way lesbian scene with Izzie, Addison, Meredith, and Cristina.
  • Right; never sleep with your boss either. Even if you think they’re really, really hot. (Cut to shot of Ryan at Corporate)
  • I recently watched Transamerica and was stunned to find out Felicity Huffman was actually a man. She is so convincing on Desperate Housewives.
  • I've had some trannies. After the shrooms wore off, I'd see the Adam's apple. Always a nice surprise. Two for one.
  • Hmm, what’s this? (reads wrapper) Ah, a sponge. (confused) This must be used to clean up afterwards.

...more to come.

Jun 18th 2007

Two words: "freaktown weirdville". Captures Kelly perfectly.

Jun 18th 2007

Michael: What's the big deal? Lots of guys wear thongs.

Jim: Um, who exactly?

Kelli: Strippers.

Meredith nods.

Ryan: Gigolos.

Creed: I sure did.

Michael: Ew. No. Regular guys. Borat.

This is one of my favourite scenes from contest one. Laugh out loud funny.

Jun 18th 2007

I think these two simple moments were my absolute favorites

• Jim: This morning, Michael spilled water all over the floor while performing a magic trick. (cut to flashback of Michael throwing a bucket of water on Phyllis)

• MICHAEL: Please. Have you seen her breasts, Toby? Do you even remember what breasts look like? DWIGHT hands Toby a photocopy.

Jun 18th 2007 edited

I quite enjoyed the notion of someone, particularly Toby, being con-moted. Funny stuff, and I could certainly hear Michael saying that.

Jun 20th 2007

I thought all the scenarios week one were funny, and it was interesting to read all the different ways that people approached the same task. Then I got stuck in the pattern of writing a scene for the second challenge without even thinking about ways to be more creative with the structure. I was blown away with a lot of the "out of the box" approaches different people took. I think they opened our eyes to what could be done, and I am really looking forward to seeing how people tackle the week 3 challenge. If they tackle it (you slackers!)

Good thing I have a book on tape to listen to if I can't read contest entries this week.

Jun 22nd 2007

I was just wondering how many entries everyone sees on Challenge #1...because a few days before that challenge ended people were talking about 34 entries, and I see 36 (mine being the 36th). I'm just a little nervous that due to some difference in time zones or something that some people couldn't see the last two. Not sure if that's even technically possible, but I'm paranoid. Just wanted to make sure :)

Jun 22nd 2007

I see 36. The last several are dated June 10, and that's within the timeframe of that week's contest. So you should be OK.

Jun 22nd 2007

Cool, thanks for checking and responding.

Jun 22nd 2007

Feel free to say stuff about my entries. I posted well within the first thirty-four all three times.

Jun 23rd 2007

Karen, I know we aren't supposed to talk about week 2 yet, but you have Kelly down . I totally loved it.

Jun 23rd 2007

I'd like to know what nine-letter word for "cotton picker, for one" is actually correct. I don't think it's "cotton gin" because cotton wouldn't appear in the clue and answer. "Eli Whitney" and "boll weevil" both have ten letters.

Jun 23rd 2007

Should I post the answer here? I'm not sure...don't wanna ruin the fun for anyone ;)

But if you really wanna know, Karen, e-mail me and I'll write you back.

Jun 23rd 2007

Give me some letters, as if I were really doing the puzzle.

Jun 23rd 2007

Haha, ok.

I'll give you the 6th and the 9th letter. Because that's what Kevin would do.

6th: S
9th: R

Oh, and a vowel, I suppose...

2nd: A

Jun 23rd 2007

harvester

Jun 23rd 2007

Ding, ding, ding! What do we have for her, Johnny?

Jun 23rd 2007

I noticed that I voted for three totally different people this week. I kind of like that. I hope that trend continues. It just tells me that the competition is fierce, and that I'm gonna have to stay on my A-game if I wanna win this thing.

Jul 2nd 2007

Wow...I just realized that with the completion of Challenge #4, we've reached the halfway point.

Jul 2nd 2007 edited

Yes indeed.

And you know, kterese, a brief posting here then deleting of a certain inappropriate limerick stanza might satisfy a bit of curiosity around here for some quick-viewing forum members, and would not leave a trace. I'm just sayin.

I just saw your offer to email the bawdy poem; but covert operations are fun too.

Jul 2nd 2007

I hate to admit it but this was my least favorite week of contest entries. I guess because we spent the last two weeks being creative, this one just read like a long list of garble. I can't keep them straight and limericks are exhausting to read because their pattern is so strong. I'm not sure how I am going to vote for them. I don't even want to read them all again, not because of content but because of effort.

But if a single bawdy verse were posted somewhere I'd enjoy reading that.

Jul 2nd 2007

I don't even want to read them all again, not because of content but because of effort.

Wow; I've been re-reading them all week for fun and amusement. For me they're quicker and easier to digest than the (mostly) longer essay responses. Interesting to hear your opposing view, KarenM. A fine entry by you, btw. Oops...not s'posed to say that yet.

And yesss... another vote for a bawdy posting.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 258
Top of PageBack to discussions