Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Office Reruns on TBS!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 84
Jun 21st 2007

Hey gang!

I just got the email from TBS that "The Office" will be seen in reruns on their network! Amazing!

It starts THIS FALL!!

BREAKING NEWS!! Office Reruns to be on TBS!!

Jun 21st 2007

Does anyone know exactly how syndication works? I had been under the impression that 100 episodes were needed for a show to be syndicated. But The Office obviously hasn't had 100 episodes yet, and I've noticed other shows without 100 episodes shown in reruns, like Las Vegas on TNT.

Then the article says The Office "joins the network’s line-up in Fall 2007" and "non-exclusive broadband streaming, on-demand and wireless rights to run concurrent with the off-network telecast rights, which will begin in Fall 2009". So what's the difference between what happens in Fall 07 and Fall 09? Whatever it happens it's more $$$$ for the cast, right? So I'm sure it's good news for them.

Jun 21st 2007

I asked TBS to clarify and here is what they sent me:

For THE OFFICE, beginning in Fall 07, TBS will have what are called repurpose rights to air one hour per week of episodes from prior seasons of the show. Then in Fall 09, TBS will be able to increase to 12 plays per week as part of a normal off-channel rights package. Also in Fall 09, TBS will have digital rights for broadband streaming, VOD and wireless.

Jun 21st 2007

This quote from Variety also clarifies somewhat:

TBS will be able to start running “Office” once a week beginning in September 2007, two years before the network and the Fox stations start scheduling the series in standard syndication, five or more times a week, starting in the fall of 2009.

With “Earl,” TBS won’t get it for weekly play, but, like “Office,” the network will also share it with TV stations day/date in rerun syndication beginning in fall ’09.

Thanks for the news, Bobblehead Joe (I almost abbreviated your username, but then I decided that might be a bad idea).

Jun 21st 2007

As long as the cast doesn't have to do unfunny promos for TBS, I will be alright with it...

Jun 21st 2007

I don't know... TBS has some pretty funny promos. Did anyone ever see what they did with the Lord of the Rings trilogy? They had a rock video starring Gollum that had me rolling in the proverbial aisles.

Jun 21st 2007 edited

I never saw that but the video "The Towers are the Players" was a hoot. Gonna go look for that and post it here if I find it.

eta: done!

Oct 17th 2007

Forgot this thread exists. The picture quality sucks only slightly less than the sound on these reruns. What's up with that? Talk amongst yourselves.

Oct 17th 2007

I haven't noticed either. But I'm always watching these late at night, in bed, after I realize - happily - that TiVo recorded it for me and it's just waiting for me. Last night I fell asleep to Halloween. It was wonderful. I got to see the good stuff, and by the time Michael waits for the trick or treaters at the end of the episode and I would have started crying, I was sleeping.

Oct 17th 2007

I love that one. I watched The Client last night. When Jim says at least he didn't leave her at at hockey game, I die inside a little.

Does TBS have local affiliates? Maybe mine is doing something different. It's not even subtle.

Oct 17th 2007

It was fine on my tbs. When I saw the end of Halloween last night, I felt so sad for Michael. He was so lonely. At least now he has someone to go home to...even if she is crazy.

Oct 17th 2007

I watched some of "The Client" last night, Brian, and the screen did look rather muddy and dingy. I was also struck by it, but have yet to break out the dvds to see if that's just how Season 2 looked.

Oct 17th 2007

Just don't watch it through a paper towel tube or you might see squirrels mating.

Oct 17th 2007

Does TBS have local affiliates?

Only in Atlanta.

Jan 8th 2008

TBS is showing Diwali right now, and I can't even watch it, because it's the episode in which I'm sure Karen first violated Jim.

Jan 8th 2008

I'm sure he shut his eyes and thought of Pam. :-)

But seriously, there are so many things to love about this episode. Michael's deep (if weird) respect for the long, faithful marriage of Kelly's parents. The way that guy only wants to have a connection with people - you have to feel for him.

Jan 8th 2008

I can and did appreciate those things MTT. I loved their reactions to him as well. Michael can truly break my heart sometimes. I'm just not in the mood to see Karen tonight :) It's almost worth it though, to see Pam's dorky, (but very cute), dancing.

Jan 8th 2008

"Hey, Dummy! Get in the car."

What a sweet, romantic soul that girl had. shudder

Jan 8th 2008

This is the one in which Jim gets all drunk, right? I doubt that was when Karen put the moves on. The guy could hardly walk, and there's a certain stimulus-response mechanism that straight up doesn't work after a certain amount of liquor.

I still don't know exactly what Michael says in his proposal to Carol, cos I've never been able to listen to it.

Jan 8th 2008

I doubt that was when Karen put the moves on. The guy could hardly walk, and there's a certain stimulus-response mechanism that straight up doesn't work after a certain amount of liquor.

I dunno. If guys couldn't screw when they were drunk a lot of babies wouldn't get conceived.

Jan 8th 2008

I know, I thought of that. There's always the next morning though. His junk may not have worked, but clearly my Jam obsession was. sigh

Jan 8th 2008

I just think it's a little harsh on Karen to assume she took advantage of him while he was drunk.

Jan 8th 2008

I always thought Karen's actions that night were innocent and that nothing nefarious happened between the two. I truly believe she took him home, made sure he got inside OK, and that was it. But the events of the night probably sparked some conversation the next day, which led to more conversation, which eventually lead to...bleah.

I did enjoy Karen's pouring out the shots and her fake faces, my favorite moment of hers, not that there were many to choose from.

Jan 8th 2008

Karen is the Princess of Darkness, and Mother of Lies. I do reject her, and all her works, and all her pomps.

Gotta love the pre-Vatican II baptismal ceremony.

Jan 8th 2008

As Angela so eloquently put it:
You can't have sex on Diwali!

Jan 9th 2008

But the events of the night probably sparked some conversation the next day, which led to more conversation, which eventually lead to...bleah.

This may have led to Jim deleting, or at least not responding, to Pam's text messages from the Diwali celebration--him trying to move on and such.

Jan 9th 2008 edited

I just think it's a little harsh on Karen to assume she took advantage of him while he was drunk.

I think part of it for me is that I may be projecting a little. Sure maybe she wouldn't, but maybe in a similar situation I would. I mean not that I would do that. Cause that would be very wrong. But I'm just saying. Something like that could happen. I'm saying alot of things.

Diwali will always be everything that is awesome because of Jim and Andy singing. And "Tuna!". So dawesome! And drunk Jim!

Karen is the Princess of Darkness, and Mother of Lies. I do reject her, and all her works, and all her pomps.

Ha!

Jan 9th 2008

I'm also of the belief that Karen didn't 'do' Jim in the Diwali episode. I think it pretty much went down the way DftF described it. Plus, Jim was doing shots of Jagermeister, which makes your mouth smell like death breath. I hated when Mr. Fishing drank that stuff in our college days...it's so repellent.

Jan 9th 2008

I always thought Karen's actions that night were innocent and that nothing nefarious happened between the two. I truly believe she took him home, made sure he got inside OK, and that was it. But the events of the night probably sparked some conversation the next day, which led to more conversation, which eventually lead to...bleah.

Me, too.

Jan 9th 2008

I worried about it until the next episode aired and then I felt better about it. I was just hoping they wouldn't pair Jim and Karen together and anything that seemed to be going in that direction sickened me. I knew it was inevitable, but I still hoped that somehow the show wouldn't go that route. I just remember that after watching the next episode, I didn't think anything happened. I think the next episode began with the fax to Dwight from himself, from the future. Jim and Karen just didn't seem close enough at that point to have been WBHFing.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 84
Top of PageBack to discussions