Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Office Reruns on TBS!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 84 of 84
May 6th 2008 edited

Umm, yeah. I know. I caught my error right after I added my comment and did an edit before you posted yours. Please re-check the posts before you go on a rant again, mmkay, Asd. Thanks.

Once again, that's not what I am saying. The original form, sadly, is the correct saying, the saying is just incorrect.

The saying that people always use when they mean "I don't care" is "I could care less." It's the familiar saying, the "actual saying." And therefore, you used it correctly. My rant is about the fact that our language is so mixed up crazy (in a beautiful kinda way) that the correct expression is actually grammatically incorrect and the grammatically incorrect version of the expression, is in fact not the expression at all.

Also, I had rechecked it, that's where I got the quote from, it just took awhile to type.

May 6th 2008

wow, asd, i would never let everyone know a pet peeve of mine like that. because i just know everyone would band together to torment me with the thing that irks me. they would probably keep it up for, like, exactly 24 hours, starting say, right now. if i did that, i mean. not that it would bother me. i mean i could care less if anyone did that to me. i'm just saying...

it doesn't look like anyone has thought of it though. you may have gotten lucky on that one.

May 6th 2008

I've thought about the use of "I could care less" v. "I couldn't care less," and rationalized the use of the former as a sarcastic expression resulting in the same meaning as the latter.

May 6th 2008 edited

I could care more......but I don't.

May 6th 2008

I could care more......but I don't.

You should but you shorn't.

May 6th 2008

We need a pet peeves thread. Is there one already?

May 7th 2008

Yes, there's one here somewhere.

you are a mountain and a hill smarter then me

I like this and am stealing it. Unless you could care less.

I could really care less, but if you're going to steal this phrase, Brian, can you change it to than me first? Thanks, mmmkay.

May 7th 2008

Zing. At me.

Mar 3rd 2011

This is more about Office reruns on NBC, but whatevs. I don't follow these things so closely anymore, so I had no idea there weren't new episodes on tonight. Well, I did see a commercial for the marathon that's on, but it didn't really register. Anyway, I went to OfficeTally for the first time in ages, just to clarify things. It confirmed that all six episodes are reruns, but here's the kicker. I didn't recognize a single episode title. I could figure out which one Andy's Play was, but that's about it. Imagine not knowing Drug Testing or Valentine's Day by title. Also, the farewell Steve Carell stuff at OfficeTalley seems overly dramatic. Just go, dude.

Mar 3rd 2011

I was aware that it was rerun night, but not completely aware of the lineup. It's not terrible, especially in comparison to the late S6 episodes I've been seeing in syndication recently. Boy, are the post birth episodes from last year awful. As for the OfficeTally stuff about Carell, I'm guessing a lot of folks realize that his leaving is probably going to kill the show. I'd love to believe it won't, but nothing they've done recently gives me any confidence.

Mar 4th 2011

Well, I did see a commercial for the marathon that's on, but it didn't really register.

I didn't know it was rerun night, but I only saw one of them. One was interrupted or canceled or something. The NBC Greensboro? station is having a contest to find their new "Girl Talk" correspondent. There were lots of girls and all the anchors were there, dressed up. I think the men were wearing tuxedos. It was cheesy. I watched it for about 5 minutes while we scrolled through the guide, then watched half of Man Vs. Wild, then half of Animal Hoarders.

That's right, I said Animal Hoarders.

Mar 4th 2011

Are you prepping for your future where you'll be one of those women who live with 50 cats?

Mar 4th 2011

The NBC Greensboro? station is having a contest to find their new "Girl Talk" correspondent.

News stations are very different outside the NYC area. Even in Albany, it was very folksy and small-town like that. Our local news is coming from the same buildings that the national broadcasts come from, so I guess they don't get to do as much wacky stuff as a result.

Mar 4th 2011

Are you prepping for your future where you'll be one of those women who live with 50 cats?

One who sits at home and watches the exciting half of Man Vs. Wild? I guess so.

Mar 4th 2011

When I was your age, Toos, I went out and did things. Like staying at the library until closing time, or going to the museum during the Frederick Douglas exhibit. No one can say I wasted my youth.

Mar 4th 2011

I didn't watch any of the Office Marathon last night, but I did recognize all of the episodes. And I remembered 4 or 5 of them being pretty good. Whereas last year I only remembered 4 or 5 pretty good episodes for then entire season. So there's that.

As far as the OT thing on Steve Carell, it seems too much like a guest book at a funeral. No thanks.

Mar 4th 2011

I think you mean "Frederick Douglass". I know because I remember the "ass."

And I do....stuff. Last night I went to a political party dinner and had some lasagna with a bunch of grandparents. And in April I'm going to mail some letters for the political party to people in my precinct.

I didn't tell them that the only people I know in the precinct were at last night's dinner.

Mar 4th 2011

Last night I went to a political party dinner and had some lasagna with a bunch of grandparents.

Whoa...I didn't say you had to go and be reckless.

Mar 4th 2011

Yeah, if you had twin boys, I'd be calling the cops to have them taken away from your two live-in hookers-- err, goddesses.

Mar 4th 2011

Ok I know this was seven hours ago but WTF Animals Hoarders?

That's right, I said Animal Hoarders.

Mar 4th 2011

your two live-in hookers-- err, goddesses

How did you guys know I'm in the Hooker Goddess party? 2012 is gonna be great.

Mar 4th 2011

Ok I know this was seven hours ago but WTF Animal Hoarders?

I thought the same thing, AaTT.

As I tend to get teary whenever they show TV ads with abused animals in them, I imagine this show would absolutely tear me apart. It sounds just awful.

Mar 5th 2011

The ones I saw the other night really cared for the animals, like more than they cared for people. They used the animals as an excuse to avoid personal relationships, or even leaving the house.

Mar 8th 2011

That's both sweet and sad.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 84 of 84
Top of PageBack to discussions