Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Pam Beesly : I call it the Perfect Storm
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. 107
  7. 108
  8. 109
  9. 110
  10. 111
  11. 112
  12. 113
  13. >
3331 to 3360 of 3389
Mar 7th 2014

I get the impression that she's doing the full-time mom thing for the next couple of years. Season 9 was very lucrative for her.

Lucrative enough to never work again? She takes a couple of years off and finding another steady role is going to get tough. The TV industry isn't that nostalgic, especially for actresses who are celebrating their 40th birthday today.

Mar 8th 2014

The TV industry isn't that nostalgic, especially for actresses who are celebrating their 40th birthday today.

If Jami Gertz (49) can still get gigs as the "hot housewife of dopey husband", so can Jenna. Also see Megyn Price and Jenna Elfman (who was away for a while). Being Pam from The Office will still carry some cache in 2 years, even if it's only on the TVLand network,

And if not, there's always the Lifetime Movie Network.

Mar 8th 2014

Lucrative enough to never work again? She takes a couple of years off and finding another steady role is going to get tough. The TV industry isn't that nostalgic, especially for actresses who are celebrating their 40th birthday today

Good for her for deciding that having a family is worth sacrificing a couple of years of her working life. After nine straight years in a TV series, I don't think it's unreasonable she takes time to have a couple of children. It's not something she can put off.

Mar 8th 2014

I'm not saying it's unreasonable, just that the idea she can walk away from TV for three years and then find another prominent role seems risky.

Mar 8th 2014

No, I agree. Lifetime's probably best case. But I'm thinking Hallmark Channel is more realistic.

Mar 8th 2014

I would plow that.

Mar 8th 2014

Yeah, I'm thinking somebody's already tilled it.

Mar 8th 2014

On the second crop rotation now.

Mar 8th 2014 edited

I know of someone who has a few shows in development. Old hatreds dissolve into new friendships.

Mar 8th 2014

Ouch. You are a thief of joy.

Mar 8th 2016

Variety is reporting that Jenna Fischer has found her latest TV-husband, and like John Krasinski on The Office, it happens to be another guy who was on an NBC comedy for a million years: Matt LeBlanc. Fischer has joined the cast of LeBlanc’s new CBS comedy pilot, and she’ll be playing a mom who “decides to go back to her job as a medical lab technician.” That leaves her husband, LeBlanc’s character, to stay at home and raise the kids—or “take over the parenting chores” as Variety describes it.

The project was originally titled I’m Not Your Friend, based on the parenting style of LeBlanc’s character, but it sounds like the title is going to be changed to something less aggressively meta before the show makes it to air. Speaking of, the pilot has a series commitment from CBS, which means the network will have to pay LeBlanc if it doesn’t get picked up. Basically, this is just a solid win for Fischer.

Mar 8th 2016

That leaves her husband, LeBlanc’s character, to stay at home and raise the kids—or “take over the parenting chores” as Variety describes it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mar 8th 2016

Don't knock it. It sounds like it's tackling the real issues that today's woman - the Ally McBeal woman - is facing.

Mar 8th 2016

It seriously sounds terrible. Like, just... really awful.

Mar 8th 2016

The idea that we should find a stay-at-home dad funny is laughable, and not in the good way.

Mar 8th 2016

The story lines will be lifted from every commercial ever where the dad doesn't know how to do anything right.

Mar 8th 2016

I liked Mr. Mom.....when it came out in 1983.

May 3rd 2016

May 3rd 2016

He's kinda like, eep! What's she doing here?!

I wonder why he posted it if he was so uncomfortable?

May 3rd 2016

Maybe he still feels bad for her.

May 3rd 2016

I'm just surprised Buzzfeed's still a thing.

May 14th 2016

Matt LeBlanc will have a new leading lady in his return to network comedy series. The Office alumna Jenna Fischer, who played the female lead opposite LeBlanc in the multi-camera project, has exited. The role in the series, titled Man With A Plan, will be recast.

May 14th 2016

It sounded like a turd of a series, but I wonder who chose the exit?

May 16th 2016

Maybe they both thought they could do better.

May 17th 2016

I wanted to like that comment.

I have a bad feeling that she is not a good actress. Let's be clear...I think she was brilliant in The Office, and there is nobody on earth that could have done a better job than her as Pam Beesley. I think she deserved an Emmy for The Job. But...but...I don't think she is ever going to be good at anything else. I'm not sure why that is.

May 17th 2016

Sadly, I agree.

May 17th 2016 edited

It's kind of like I'm Jenna, and your mom is The Office...I'm gonna bang the hell out of your mom, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get more work banging other women, or be very good at it.

May 17th 2016

I could imagine her finding another role that would fit her skills, but it doesn't seem like she has the range to just step into any part.

May 17th 2016

At this point, I don't think anyone sees her as anything but Pam from The Office. The recent BravoTV fiasco is further proof of that:

So Jenna, you're starring in a new NBC series with Rob Lowe and Megan Mullally. What was it like to work with John Krasinski?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. 107
  7. 108
  8. 109
  9. 110
  10. 111
  11. 112
  12. 113