Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Pam Beesly : I call it the Perfect Storm
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. 107
  7. 108
  8. 109
  9. 110
  10. 111
  11. 112
  12. 113
  13. >
3361 to 3389 of 3389
May 17th 2016

I feel like a lot of actors and actresses have success with a role or multiple roles by playing them as themselves. Pam was Jenna, basically. Less so in the beginning but gradually more so as time went on. I can't think of others, but I feel like I've seen other examples of seeing an actor or actress and thinking, "That's the same personality and mannerisms from when they played that other role."

So maybe she's good, maybe not. But whether she finds similar success may have more to do with whether someone writes a role for her, one that fits her personality and whatever very specific strengths she has. Otherwise, she'll be the VG of acting, good for a few laughs and a romp around the forum but unlikely to be a superstar on any other TV show message board.

May 18th 2016

C'mon, that's pretty harsh, Bri. I could see VG really shining in a Saved By The Bell online forum.

May 18th 2016

When CBS previews “Man With a Plan” at its upfront event this afternoon, Jenna Fischer will star opposite Matt LeBlanc. But by the time the show actually debuts this October, the “Office” alum will be nowhere to be found.

Fischer’s role is currently being recast for the comedy’s debut season — a chemistry issue, network Entertainment President Glenn Geller finally admitted this morning.

“Look, recasting on pilots happens all the time,” he began, saying the right things when asked.

“She is a phenomenal actress,” Geller continued from the middle of a post-CBS breakfast presentation scrum. “It just wasn’t the right actress for the right role, ultimately, when we saw the pilot.”

That’s when he was pushed on the presumed chemistry issue between her and the former “Friends” star.

Regarding that apparently rocky on-screen (and maybe off-screen) relationship, Geller said: “It was fine, we think we can do better in terms of the chemistry between the two of them.”

CBS’ actual upfront presentation is set for 4 o’clock ET at Carnegie Hall. At the time, the network will have to show the Fischer footage, because they’ve got no other version to offer the advertisers in attendance.

May 18th 2016

Jenna's fine with her choices. They don't even have sitcoms like that in Scranton, so she's never going to...

cries

May 18th 2016

May 18th 2016

Couldn't they have just kept her on the show and sent her to New York to study something highly unlikely for a while?

I guess she and Matt just weren't Friends.

May 18th 2016

Please cast Rashida Jones in that role. Please cast Rashida Jones in that role.

May 18th 2016

Maybe they both thought they could do better.

Hmm ...

Geller said: “It was fine, we think we can do better

May 20th 2016

You can see the preview clip here. I warn you, it's 4 minutes of your life you'll want back. She got lucky getting out.

May 20th 2016

The big loser in all of this is Lee Kirk. Jenna may have to cut back his allowance.

May 20th 2016

That looks pretty terrible. I don't think another actress can save it.

I did laugh at Matt LeBlanc's exchange with the other stay at home dad who got his daughters addicted to lottery tickets. "Good luck with your future exotic dancers."

May 20th 2016

It looks... yeah.

"Good luck with your future exotic dancers."

This was alright, though. :-)

May 20th 2016 edited

I'm angry at all the awfulness. He's awfuckingful. It answers the eternally unasked question, "What if that dipshit Joey from Friends got old? And boring.?"

She had what looks like a bit, bit part. And even still, say what you want about her as an actress, she is too good for that pile of steaming poopoo. All of the sitcom cliches ever!

May 20th 2016

She had what looks like a bit, bit part.

I'm sure they re-cut the trailer after she left the show. Why feature someone who isn't going to be around when the season starts?

And yeah, it looks awful, but then everything on CBS looks awful to me. It's a shame, because I thought Leblanc was pretty good on Episodes.

May 20th 2016 edited

It's a stupid premise badly executed. Just like everything else on CBS.

May 21st 2016

I'm sure they re-cut the trailer after she left the show. Why feature someone who isn't going to be around when the season starts?

Maybe, but the premise is that the wife's not around, leaving dad and kids to yuk it up with endless hijinks and all manner of tomfoolery. And if we know anything about Matt LeBlanc, it's his commitment to stark reality in the projects he takes on.

May 21st 2016

The Friend who should always have a job is Lisa Kudrow, the funny one.

May 21st 2016

To me, the apparent lack of chemistry means that there wasn't much of an audition process for Jenna. Which means that they zeroed in on her from the start. Which is probably a good sign for her, moving forward.

May 21st 2016

leaving dad and kids to yuk it up with endless hijinks and all manner of tomfoolery

erp

May 21st 2016

I just can't watch comedies that have laughing tracks anymore. It's irritating and insulting. I know if it's funny or not. Don't tell me when it time to laugh! But, most of all its grating on my nerves.

May 21st 2016 edited

audience claps in agreement

May 21st 2016

aaaaawwwwwwww

May 31st 2016

audience cheers at the awesomeness of themselves and the correctness of TO101's statement

Jun 19th 2017

So, this is happening, apparently:

Splitting Up Together - trailer

Jun 20th 2017

Can't live off those Office residuals forever.

Jun 20th 2017

She looked...really nice in that preview. I may have to watch this.

Jun 22nd 2017

Can't do it. Hope it's successful though.

Jun 22nd 2017

It doesn't seem like a sustainable premise. Of course, I thought the same thing about The Grinder, and ..... never mind.

I'd watch a series about the Halperts divorcing, though.

Jun 23rd 2017

The Halperts star in The Affair 2.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. 107
  7. 108
  8. 109
  9. 110
  10. 111