Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Happy Table Read Day!: Season Four Hopes/Fears
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 145 of 145
Aug 28th 2007 edited

I also thought I heard that DWANGELA will get it's fair share of air time in S4. There certainly are a good number of avenues that Daniels and Co. can take to steer away from the JAM "B" plot if that's what they want to do.

I believe that Daniels truly does want JAM to be the "B" plot. I believe that if The Office wasn't such an important show for NBC that it would remain as the "B" plot. And my gut is that the suits are going to have more sway on what happens in the show the more popular the show becomes.

Aug 28th 2007

I believe that Daniels truly does want JAM to be the "B" plot. I believe that if The Office wasn't such an important show for NBC that it would remain as the "B" plot. And my gut is that the suits are going to have more sway on what happens in the show the more popular the show becomes

Corporate America ruining something that they didn't need to butt into in the first place? No.....

Aug 28th 2007

I would love it, too, if they gave more screen time to Michael. They've shown his human side a few times, and I always enjoy it. It makes the times when he's an ass even more baffling and enjoyable, as in, "You're obviously a nice guy, so what the hell are you thinking being such a boob?"

Aug 28th 2007

the suits

Suits suck!

Aug 28th 2007

I just thought of something great. What if Kelly goes to rag on Ryan to Toby, claiming their relationship ending was an HR issue? And then...Kelly develops a crush on Toby? I would love to watch her pursue him and have him just HATE it.

Aug 28th 2007

And then...Kelly develops a crush on Toby? I would love to watch her pursue him and have him just HATE it.

That actually wouldn't be completely out of the blue. They were sitting together at The Dundies and there is a deleted scene, which I think is also from The Dundies, where Kelly says something complimentary about Toby but then says he "has that stupid kid".

Aug 28th 2007

I could see it too - mostly b/c he'd HAVE to listen to her as she brings up her 'HR issue', and she might see that as him being interested in her...oh, wow. I hope this happens.

Aug 29th 2007

A Toby/Kelly pairing would be pretty interesting to watch, and could likely work due to Toby's level of desperation for companionship. But how many office relationships should there really be? Next thing you know they'll have Creed and Meredith hooked up, which could be really funny actually now that I think of it.

Aug 29th 2007

Yeah, it could be funny, but enough with the interoffice romances.

I thought of this potential storyline - remember the blink-and-you'll-miss-it mention of Hannah quitting and suing DM and Michael getting subpoenaed? I'd like to see that come back and Michael actually has to testify. Can you imagine what a train wreck that would be? Dwight could give him terrible advice, Jan could get involved since she was the big boss at the time, Ryan and other corporate people could also get involved, and there would have to be an appearance or at least a mention of James P. Albini.

Aug 29th 2007

I agree that too many office relationships could get cumbersome...but come on, at least a DATE between Toby and Kelly? How hilarious would that be? Imagine also, if you will, that Kelly and CrazyJan conspire to make it a double date. Oh man.

Aug 29th 2007

Imagine also, if you will, that Kelly and CrazyJan conspire to make it a double date.

Speaking of double dates, there's been a lot of desire for a Jim/Pam/Dwight/Angela double date, but I think a Jim/Pam/Michael/Jan double date would be even funnier. And more likely.

Aug 29th 2007

New Season 4 hope: that Jim and Pam won't poop in front of each other.
New Season 4 fear: that they will.

But maybe the writers could make this sort of plotline work. I could kind of see that.

Sep 20th 2007

Is anybody have a season premiere party? I was thinking about it because I have so many party favors from Target and lots of jell-o.

Sep 20th 2007

I am! No favors from Target, but there will be dip. And hot people.*

*If that's what other people bring, that is.

Sep 20th 2007

I am too! I was too excited and I've already given out my party favors (also from Target). But peeps are coming over next week to watch.

Sep 20th 2007 edited

My wife & I are having a private one. A little wine, a little The Office . . . and then it's business time, as the man says.

Sep 20th 2007

I totally want to, but in our quest to become more wholesome, we don't have cable and NBC comes in kind of hazy sometimes. Since not many of my friends are as stoked as I am, I may have to beg and plead for someone to host, if I bring refreshments. And some prizes (I heart Target).

Sep 20th 2007

Oh, yes. It's business time.

Sep 20th 2007

Wow, business time. THAT's a new one. How many euphemisms can men come up with for intercourse?

Sep 20th 2007 edited

I didn't make it up. Jemaine Whatshisname, the Kiwi guy from that show on HBO, did. But if we want to start making up euphemisms, we can do that.

Sep 20th 2007

Let's have a euphemism thread. Make it happen, cap'n.

Sep 20th 2007 edited

Is anybody have a season premiere party?

Yeppers. I'm just about to print off the invites now. Cookies, brownies, and preztels are all in the works.

ETA: That's why they call them business socks.

Sep 20th 2007

Yes! I'm serving grilled cheese sandwiches and alcohol. And maybe some brownies, if I feel really edgy.

Sep 20th 2007

I was thinking about having one but I want silence when I'm watching it. I think I would be a bad host.

Sep 20th 2007

I want silence when I'm watching it.

I do too. That's why I've carefully preselected my party guests and I'm fairly certain (based on previous experience) that all said guests will keep their traps shut until the commercial break. But, as a back up plan, I will be taping it on VHS so I can immediately rewind and watch it after they leave.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 145 of 145
Top of PageBack to discussions