Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
We have ourselves a NA holiday: **NAsquerade**
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 69
Aug 17th 2007

Okay after some discussion, I've come up with a holiday for us OTTers at NA. The name (wonderfully supplied by KarenM) is NAsquerade. The idea is that one day in the future we will use this thread for an entire day to disguise are selves with different user names, then at the end of the day makes guesses as to who's who and see who got what right. More details will come further but first I need to volunteers to join me in a party planning commitee. Volunteers anyone, we need to think up a date for our holiday, a format for celebration and rules for the celebration (if any). Sadly we will meet on more than just one day a week, so It can't be a pantsless commitee. Any Volunteers?

Aug 17th 2007

Depending on when it's held, I'd love to help out. Are we aiming for a weekday, since that's when we get the most traffic on here?

Aug 17th 2007

You're going to need ice breakers and other conversational prompts, because although we are chatterboxes everywhere else in this forum, people might freeze up with absolutely no direction.

You're also going to need some kind of reminder for people to switch back to their true identities before posting elsewhere, lest they inadvertently give themselves away!

Aug 17th 2007

True true. And yes Im def. looking at a weekday, a Friday prehaps, ours faces will be covered, not necessarily our butts.

Aug 17th 2007

I'd say Monday or Tuesday, because people duck out early on Fridays and we want everyone here as long as possible.

I guess I should join the committee instead of directing from afar.

Aug 17th 2007

I don't mind being a party planning biatch, but I will be mia this weekend (on my way to vegas, wohoo). I can help out starting Monday, though.

Aug 17th 2007 edited

Okay, commitee wise im looking at KarenM, Lemonade and Post-It Thief. Excellent we have ourselves a commitee. I feel it will be best for everyone is we brainstorm for ideas over the weekend and discuss this coming monday, What time on Monday is good for everyone?

Aug 17th 2007 edited

My best internet access time is anytime from 3 in the afternoon (Mountain Standard) to anytime in the evening.

Aug 17th 2007

Are we just emailing back and forth or do I have to be present for a live chat? I'm not very good at scheduling live things right now, plus I'm Pacific time. Not that I'm trying to back out or anything...

Later is much better than earlier; I could probably get dedicated online time around 4:00 PM Pacific, but I can't fully commit. If a discussion needs to happen and I can't be there, I will accept any role that is delegated to me.

Aug 17th 2007

I Figured we could have a deadline on Monday to email each other ideas, and then in need be, find a time to discuss things on here.

Aug 17th 2007

Oh, a deadline! Deadlines are my specialty. I could totally manage this. And if all discussion is via email I can check email all the livelong day.

Aug 17th 2007

It just occurred to me that if you change your user name, even temporarily, I think all of your posts under your old name are re-headed with your new user name. And everyone would know your real identity, based on posts in other threads. For example, ToasterOven 101 used to be Plaid, but if you go back and look even at older posts, they're all ToasterOven 101. It's like Plaid never existed. It's like that really bad Julianne Moore movie about the aliens and everyone telling her that her son never existed.

So would everyone register with another user name, instead, to avoid this? Or am I just misunderstanding the whole thing?

Aug 17th 2007 edited

So would everyone register with another user name, instead, to avoid this?

Yes. James said that it would be okay to re-register with new names and then the names would sit idle after the special day is over and we don't use the new identities anymore.

Aug 17th 2007

Actually your "overstanding" the entire thing. On the shooting the breeze thread my original idea was to all register new names and thats why i felt i needed James' permission. Someone over there said "why don't we all just change our names for the day" to which I responded with the reasoning you just posted, thus explaining why the plan is to register new names for one day. It's all covered in the Shooting the Breeze thread. Just go back a page or two.

Aug 17th 2007

Unless we are feeling ornery or have a scary secret to tell.

Aug 17th 2007

Gotcha. Now I have to think of a good alias. I've already expressed my love for Fat Chips Guy, so now I'm going to have to go with something else.

Aug 17th 2007

Is there an "Office" related rule? Or is that one of the things we brainstorm now and discuss later?

Aug 17th 2007

Sadly we will meet on more than just one day a week, so It can't be a pantsless commitee.

What the heck's the point, then? What kind of committee forces you into pants all the time? I think this may be kind of fun, though, and have a couple ideas for a new fake name.

Aug 17th 2007

I think it would be fun to keep if "Office" related. But I'm not on the committee. I bet most people here would choose "Office" names, regardless.

Aug 17th 2007

What the heck's the point, then? What kind of committee forces you into pants all the time?

I hear ya. Maybe the committee needs to think outside of the box a little. Just because Friday is the only pant-less day on the forums, doesn't mean the committee can't choose to go pant-less every day. Your committee, your rules.

Aug 17th 2007

Well the commitee is made up of me Karen, Robin Hood of Post-it's and lemonade, so Im the only guy, if it was pantless, id be too distracted and never get any work done.

Aug 17th 2007

Maybe the committee needs to think outside of the box a little

By thinking of the box outside?

(Does that cross a line?)

Aug 17th 2007

I can sneak in here while at work on Monday and then the evenings are good too. I'm on Phoenix time. I don't know what time zone that is, i just know we never have to change our clocks.

so I'm the only guy

Does that make you a party planning he-biatch?

Aug 17th 2007 edited

No, that makes him a part planning he-atch.

Robin Hood of Post-it's

Love it. Because I do steal all my post-its from the rich and give them to those without office supplies.

Aug 17th 2007

so It can't be a pantsless commitee.

Don't think I'll have time to partake in the commitee, but I can't wait to partake in the festivities..or is that funtivities..perhaps with management parables?

Aug 20th 2007

I'm back! So, what's the dealio? Are we supposed to email each other with suggestions today?

Aug 20th 2007

Yeah, I was just going to bring that up myself. I'll put my email in my profile so we can get going. Woohoo!

Aug 20th 2007

Oh! almost forgot to put my email in as well, whoops, thanks for the reminder.

Aug 20th 2007

I just emailed everyone.

Aug 21st 2007

K people. What are the results? When is this thing happening????

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 69
Top of PageBack to discussions