Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
What WERE They Thinking?: The DVD Commentaries
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 67 of 67
Sep 10th 2007

Also, I like in The Coup commentary when Rainn calls John out for not saying much in the commentary. Rainn asks John something and John doesn't say a word and Rainn says something like "Did John leave? Care to offer some commentary, John?"

Sep 10th 2007

Haha, I liked that too. If only it had been in "Dwight-speak"...and he had said "Jim" instead of "John" - I woulda laughed milk out my nose.

Mar 29th 2008

I've recently gone through S2 and S3 listening to some of the commentaries. I normally don't watch these, but boredom got the best of me.

S2 has way too many people per session, and I wonder if that's what put off John from talking much in S3, because he was pretty good in S2. Melora needed to shut up a few dozen times during her tracks.

S3 has some great commentary on The Initiation, Traveling Salesmen/The Return (well, if Leslie wasn't involved. Seriously, what the hell? He's awful.), Business School, and Beach Games.

BJ and Rainn are superb together, I think. I like how BJ admits Stamford kinda sucked and Scranton did too without Jim. He talks a lot about how he would have edited things differently even if he knows the way presented is better, which is interesting to hear.

Ed Helms was also great. Brian is also good. Jen Celotta was great in Beach Games and she could commentate on episodes that aren't even hers as far as I'm concerned.

Mar 29th 2008

Melora needed to shut up a few dozen times during her tracks.

Seriously. I started getting annoyed when she changed the subject for the fifth time to talk about herself, her character, and her experience.

Mar 29th 2008

Seriously. I started getting annoyed when she changed the subject for the fifth time to talk about herself, her character, and her experience.

Especially during episodes where she had minimal screen time. She did provide a useful tidbit on the commentary for The Job when she mentioned that the scenes in NY were the first time she got any insight into Jim and Karen's relationship. Yeah, sort of like all the rest of us.

Mar 29th 2008

Yeah, she's always annoyed me on commentaries, but really came through for The Job. That one would be a lost cause without her.

Mar 30th 2008

BJ and Rainn are superb together, I think.

ctf, I've thought that too. It would be fine if only BJ and Rainn appeared on the commentaries. BJ, as one of the writers, has insight into what went in the script and he comments on how different and usually how much better the actor's interpretation turned out. In an aside, if I see an interview with BJ, I always check it out. He reveals more about what's going to happen than the actors do, probably because he knows and they don't.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 67 of 67
Top of PageBack to discussions