Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
NAsquerade! Double tabbed manila file folder faces on parade!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 20
  12. >
1 to 30 of 599
Sep 13th 2007 edited

It is time, all for NAsquerade! That's right the big day is here, so put on you disguises, join the fun, get ready to dance, talk, eat and post. Here's how everything will start off. I will post a topic to give everyone something to talk about, don't forget to post in here in your disguised name, and to switch back to your other name in other threads! We wouldn't want to be revealing ourselves now, would we? The festivities continue until 7PM PST! Then the guessing of names begins, by sending your guesses to dmpaperco@gmail.com! Have fun everyone, remember, It's a party!

(If a passing MOD could possibly sticky this, and unsticky the prior NAsquerade thread...)

Sep 13th 2007

To start off, lets get some food in you. Caribou Coffee, croissants (chocolate and butter), and bagels are available right now to munch on. In anyone is interested, here is the recipe

And to really kick things off, Ferd Farkle has graciously agreed to make us a special Nasquerade Haiku! So without further wait, here it is!

nasquerade!

let’s all talk instead
with our paper mache head
today’s nasquerade!

posing our questions
and posing with answers like
chit chat on parade

leaving here “andy”
we’ll walk back in “drew” (without
being pepper-sprayed)

you type like jinx and
i’ll type like pan. they’ll all think
were each lemonade

Thanks Ferd you are truly a master haikuer!

And to really start things off, a bit of a topic for all to talk about!

Topic #1! Who is your dream guest star? Why?

Sep 13th 2007

Good morning Northern Attackers! For those of you who aren't familiar with the condition that inspired my name, I assure you it is quite real.

My dream guest star would be Dom Deluise. He could play Kevin's crazy uncle, the one with the lisp and the gambling addiction whose days as a studio musician performing with Sonny and Cher, Abba and KC & the Sunshine Band first inspired Kevin to take up the drums.

Sep 13th 2007

In keeping with that theme, what about Burt Reynolds? Could he play Ed Truck in flashbacks? Or perhaps someone higher up in the company?

Sep 13th 2007

I thought about the Reynolds as well, but I would want the guest star to mesh with the show's tone. It's hard to put into words, but, as much as I'd like to see Burt Reynolds or Will Arnett on the show, that may add too many wacky characters to a show with enough odd stuff going on already. I'd prefer someone with a bit of a dry wit to come in as another Michael rival. Someone like Jason Bateman, or somebody random like Kate Winslet (she did great in Extras, after all).

Sep 13th 2007 edited

Good Morning Anal Fissures! Writing that makes me feel a little icky, the sign of a great screen name.

My dream guest star would technically be myself, but I'd also like to see Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert. Maybe as Michael's brother? Does Michael have a brother?

Or Jack Bauer, of course. If he wasn't so overqualified.

eta: Good Morning to you also IfTheyDon'tBobble and Van Employee!

Sep 13th 2007

I was thinking a Michael Ian Black kind of character, because he can play it straight, and be the wacky guy. He could do an episode where he come on the show and is very closed off, or very normal, then just ends up being a total goof/wacko.

Sep 13th 2007

Great ideas. What about Stanley Tucci? Or John C. Reilly? I'm pulling good character actors out here...Ol' Hans Gruber himself, Alan Rickman? If you're looking for less notable characters, there's the 'my island' guy from Braveheart, David O'Hara. I've always liked him. I don't know if he can do an American accent though.

Sep 13th 2007

I can't imagine what kind of role Rickman would play. He's so intense. Maybe a rival paper distributor looking to muscle into the Scranton market? Reilly is a big old teddy bear, though. He could be Kevin's cousin, Dom Deluise's ne'er-do-well son. What about Paul Reubens?

Sep 13th 2007

Good call on Rickman, he really is intense. Reubens I can't see wearing a suit, maybe then he would play a role as a Vance Refrigeration guy who hits on Pam. Or Angela. On the lines of a Jason Bateman, I can see Ron Livingston playing a similar role.

Sep 13th 2007

Paul Reubens! Yes! I like this idea of a rival paper distributer. He could play a character like Pee Wee's arch nemesis in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Alan Rickman is really good at the dry boring delivery. (Anyone see the latest Hitchhikers Guide?) He'd make a really great totally screwed up brother for Michael.

Sep 13th 2007

Stephen Colbert would be my top choice. Perhaps he could play the CEO, or I like Chicken On Goat's idea for the sibling take.

Sep 13th 2007

I think it's going to interesting where the names we pick source from. My prediction is a majority will come from Dwight.

Sep 13th 2007

I could see Alan Rickman playing the part of Jeff. I don't know about Paul Reubens, though. I have a hard time not imagining him masturbating in a theatre when I see him {shivers}. But I did like him in 30 Rock last season.

Gotta agree with Jason Bateman and Ron Livingston. I love those guys and they seem like they'd fit right in (TWSS).

Who'd be a good Stacy?

Sep 13th 2007 edited

Redacted-Im mixing the two Offices up, whoops.

Sep 13th 2007

Who'd be a good Stacy?

Isla Fischer, just because I just don't see a woman with her looks or stature fitting well with Kevin, could lead to a few funny story lines. Plus she can play a pretty funny zany-type character as displayed in Wedding Crashers.

Sep 13th 2007 edited

What have I been smoking? We've met Stacy before haven't we? The Dundies and Phyllis's Wedding, right? I guess she's just not very memorable to me. I still can't picture her.

eta: yep, here she is.

Sep 13th 2007

I don't know about Paul Reubens, though. I have a hard time not imagining him masturbating in a theatre when I see him {shivers}.

It wasn't a regular theatre. It was an adult theatre. If you don't expect masterbation there, then you're too sheltered. And if you're against masterbation in general, you're just sad and deprived.

Sep 13th 2007

Hey, I got nothing wrong with masturbation but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna get the wiggins from the thought of Paul Reubens doing it. The controversy was not about masturbating in an adult theatre. Reubens was the star of a kid's show. Can't get caught doing something like that in the kid's business. Kinda like hearing about a politician getting a hooker. You know it happens but when they get caught, it's big news fodder.

I'm sorry I mentioned masturbation. Now, what were we talking about?

Sep 13th 2007

Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love.

Sep 13th 2007

You know it happens but when they get caught, it's big news fodder.

Sort of like the Screech mishap? I realize my tone put you on the defensive. I didn't mean to do that. I was speaking about the whole thing in general. I just find it very sad that that episode has to follow a talented funny performer around forever. It just seems so benign compared to making a sex video of yourself or getting caught with a hooker.

But you're also right. Next topic anyone?

Sep 13th 2007

I was thinking a Michael Ian Black kind of character, because he can play it straight, and be the wacky guy.

Anyone from Stella would be great. Also, someone like Portia de Rossi. No idea what she could play, but it would be something.

(P.S. - Good morning, everybody!)

Sep 13th 2007

The problem with this one is that it would probably require an especially contrived plot line and would maybe even kind of screw with the conceit, but we are talking dream guest stars: Martin Freeman and/or Mackenzie Crook, reprising their old roles.

Sep 13th 2007

I just find it very sad that that episode has to follow a talented funny performer around forever.

That sentiment sounds familiar.

Sep 13th 2007

Next topic anyone?

Your wish is my command.

Topic #2
*2. Do you think Phyllis will go work for Bob Vance now that they are married? Why? *

Sep 13th 2007

Nah, they already have the other close by, and Phyllis is too good a character to phase out of the office. Unless Phyllis Smith has something come up like Oscar Nunez did last year.

Sep 13th 2007

Also, someone like Portia de Rossi. No idea what she could play, but it would be something.

My first thought was that she could play Jim's bitchy sister who doesn't like Pam. (I like Portia de Rossi, I just think she'd play a good bitchy sister role).

Sep 13th 2007 edited

I don't think she will. Phyllis is a fiercely independent, albeit somewhat matronly, woman. She's an Ally McBeal woman, if you will. That and taking her out of The Office, even to work down the hall, pretty much takes her off the show. She's not central enough a character to follow to a new job.

Who goes to adult theaters? I thought they all went out of business when the VCR was invented. Maybe PeeWee was just hanging brain, or overcompensating for his nickname.

eta: Since Jim had Karen. Maybe Pam could have Portia de Rossi as the bi-curious Crystal Rock delivery woman. I have a hunch some of the boys around here would not object.

Sep 13th 2007

Pam did have that Freudian slip about wanting "her own Karen" ;-).

Sep 13th 2007

Phyllis will decide that going where she knows the boss likes her is better than living with constant uncertainty of her likeability at DM. And she can look at Bob's cute butt all day.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 20
  12. >