Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I think I've heard that before: cliches and repeats
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 44
Sep 27th 2007 edited

So, maybe it's the editor in me, but there are some cliches we're using here at NA that are driving me bananas, and not in the "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" kind of way. They include the following:

Pure genius

Comic genius

Comic gold

Comedic gold

Pure gold

And any combinations thereof.

Is it the Angela in me that makes me want to claw at my computer when I read any of the above listed items? Am I taking this all too seriously? Probably.

Regarding the spoiler clips, I also heard something I've heard before ... dang, I can't say that here. It will have to wait until after the show.

Sep 27th 2007

The general consensus is that we like them. I personally object to "above listed," but I'm not complaining about it to anyone.

Sep 27th 2007

The general consensus is that we like them.

See? People here are bitching out today. And I, for one, don't like it.

Sep 27th 2007

You're one to f..ing talk, BigTunaF..ing.

Sep 27th 2007

Oh that was a motivational speech, don't you know? :)

Honestly, I just would rather direct my bitchitude at the whole DMI process and effups, rather than at you fine people. I like you guys.

Hug it out, bitch? :)

Sep 27th 2007

You're one to f..ing talk, BigTunaF..ing.

Hmmm, based on that, maybe a NATLA shirt for BTF?

Sep 27th 2007

Maybe I'm a little edgy, after a long summer? Maybe I don't have an excuse ...

Sep 27th 2007

NATLA??

Sep 27th 2007

BigTunaF..ing

That was pure genius, comedic gold there, ST.

Sep 27th 2007

You know, tuna love, if that's how you roll?

Sep 27th 2007

That was ALMOST my NAsquerade name. But then I realized it wouldn't take long for you smarties to figure it out.

I'm kinda tired of being nice to everyone when they are being not nice to me. Maybe I should just join the Nampa, ID branch and hang out around GMMR instead of here.

hanging head, feeling sorry for myself and wondering why people don't like me

Sep 27th 2007

OH, BFD, BTF. You're on the first page of employees and you're whining about being there at all?

Grow up. Or take a Midol. Whichever is faster.

Sep 27th 2007

Maguro would have been an excellent NA name, though.

Sep 27th 2007

pouting

Sep 27th 2007

Group hug for ((((BTF))))

Sep 27th 2007

It'll be ok, BTF.

Sep 27th 2007

general consensus

Was that on purpose? Because if it was, that's pure genius.

As far as objecting to the variations on "genius", I haven't noticed them that much around here, especially since we already had a discussion about how a bunch of people find the overuse of the word so annoying. I suspect you might be projecting things you see elsewhere onto this forum.

Anyway, think it's better that we have people overusing such phrases than typing like this:

OMFG im liek so trd uv u idits and all ur s2pid cliches! idk but i think ur morons evry1.

Sep 27th 2007

general consensus

Was that on purpose?

Are you joking? Of course it was. Wasn't I the one that got taken to the wall over it? Do you think I would ever use it again by accident? Come on.

(Looks like my inner bitch isn't far beneath the surface at all. It's surprisingly easy to lash out.)

Sep 27th 2007

It's like chocolate cake on steroids...

Sep 27th 2007

So, bigger chocolate cake? Or does that make it more chocolate-y? What effect would steroids have on chocolate anyway?

Sep 27th 2007

I like saying things are on Human Growth Hormone more than saying they're on steroids anyway. I think it's funnier.

Sep 27th 2007

And topical. Nice. I'm stealing it.

Sep 27th 2007

HGH is the new steroids. Like how chunky heels are the new stilettos.

Sep 27th 2007 edited

Oh man, I hate, hate, hate the use of "on steriods". Talk about overdone.

Sep 27th 2007

Last night on Leno, Steve Carell was talking about his hatred of using that word.

Sep 27th 2007

What about 'played out'? Has the phrase itself been played out yet? Can we play it back in? These are things that keep me from being 100% productive at work. Well, and posting here like a fiend.

IYB.

Sep 27th 2007

I'm getting a little tired of "100% productive at work." Has anyone else noticed how annoying that phrase has become?

Sep 27th 2007

You people bug me so much.

Sep 27th 2007

How about how annoying it is that Karen keeps trying to antagonize me today for some unknown reason? Criminy, woman!

Sep 27th 2007

So now it's personal?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 44
Top of PageBack to discussions