Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.02 Dunder Mifflin Infinity
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 23
  12. >
1 to 30 of 666
Sep 29th 2007 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 2
  • First aired on October 4, 2007
  • Written by Michael Schur
  • Directed by Craig Zisk
  • Northern Attack Recap

That’s how it goes, sometimes. You lose everything, everything falls apart, and eventually you die and no one remembers you.

Sep 29th 2007

Is it wrong that my first thought was "In your butt?"

Bring on Thursday!

Sep 30th 2007

I'm just excited to see another new episode thread beginning.

Sep 30th 2007

I think this poses an actual new premise that hasn't been explored: the know-it-all, wunderkind boss who's going to tell you how to do your job despite not having the competence to do it himself. I love watching management reinvent wheels and such.

Sep 30th 2007

Ever since the episode description for this one came out, I have been EXTREMELY excited for it, probably more excited than I was for the premiere. I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to Ryan coming in and being an asshole (no spoilers, I'm just assuming that's how he'll act).

Sep 30th 2007

Im excited about the Ryan and Kelly dynamic.. assuming it will be HILARIOUS!!!

Sep 30th 2007

The Ryan-Michael dynamic actually gives me the wiggins to contemplate. Will Ryan be spiteful? Will Michael try to send him for coffee? Will Dwight, as his real former mentor, be proud? Will Stanley still frighten Ryan? Will Kev bring up "fire guy"? So much to contemplate.

Sep 30th 2007

Will Dwight, as his real former mentor, be proud?

Wow, I'd never contemplated this dynamic.

Will Stanley still frighten Ryan?

I sincerely hope so. In fact, I bet he will.

Sep 30th 2007

The Ryan-Michael dynamic actually gives me the wiggins to contemplate. Will Ryan be spiteful? Will Michael try to send him for coffee? Will Dwight, as his real former mentor, be proud? Will Stanley still frighten Ryan? Will Kev bring up "fire guy"? So much to contemplate.

This is why I'm willing to overlook the ridiculousness of Ryan getting the corporate job, the resulting potential of awesomeness it provides.

Oct 1st 2007

I hope maybe someone fetches Ryan some coffee...and a burnt cheese pita on the side.

Oct 1st 2007

10 bucks says someone shouts 'Fire Guy!' within 10 seconds of Ryan returning...

Oct 1st 2007

Don't forget the Kelly angle as well. The potential for that public meltdown has hilarious written all over it.

Oct 1st 2007

Do you know why you should be extra-specially excited for the episode? I'll tell you -- it's my inaugural recap out on the front page. That's extra exciting. More exciting, in fact, than the episode itself. Well, maybe not.

But maybe so.

Oct 1st 2007

I know I'm looking forward to it. Reading this week's, I was thinking to myself, "DftF'll be next week. I'm sure he'll do a good job."

So, no pressure.

Oct 1st 2007

Weren't you only recently a Watercooler temp? How'd you get promoted to Regional Manager in Charge of Alternating Recaps? You haven't even made a sale yet.

And yet, your recap is hotly anticipated among the 35-49 demographic in my household.

Oct 2nd 2007

If your recap doesn't live up to my exacting standards, I'm asking for my money back. Nice diatribe on the front page by the way, one of your better ones.

I don't want any more "third person in the way" drama between Jim and Pam, with one exception - I really want to see Ryan come in with his fancy new job and fancy new suits and put the moves on Fancy New Beesly. And I want Jim to notice. There is no way that wouldn't be funny.

Oct 2nd 2007

I don't want any more "third person in the way" drama between Jim and Pam, with one exception - I really want to see Ryan come in with his fancy new job and fancy new suits and put the moves on Fancy New Beesly. And I want Jim to notice. There is no way that wouldn't be funny.

I totally agree with this, which is probably why it won't happen. Nothing I want to happen ever does.

But I think, over the course of the season, that Ryan will treat Michael like crap and this will spark that often-dormant loyalty gene in the DM-Scranton folks...particularly Jim and Pam, his office-parents. That would be good to watch...that great combo they strike so well between hilarious and touching.

Oct 2nd 2007

I agree. The most anticipated story line for me for this season is Ryan's exploding head and how the Scrantonite's bring him back down. I can't wait.

Oct 2nd 2007

Plus, there's no way that Jim won't take any opportunity to knock Ryan down a peg or two...since they don't really like each other anyway.

"You know, I liked you better as the temp." :)

Oct 2nd 2007

I don't think Ryan will hit on Pam, simply because he is fixated on women of color.

Oct 2nd 2007

Hmmmm. For it to be OK for Jim to be constantly bringing Ryan down to earth, Ryan is going to have act like a total d**k, otherwise it'll just look cruel on Jim's part. The thing is though, I do think that Ryan has been heading down that road for a long time...and watching him make Michael look like a sympathetic character is going to be fun!

Oct 2nd 2007

I don't think Ryan will hit on Pam but I do think he'll work out in an instant that they're together...or he'll at least push Jim on the point...

Oct 2nd 2007

Ryan is supposedly fixated on women of color...but he's also fixated on being an asshole. There sits Pam, all prettied up, Fancy and New, Jim's longtime unrequited love (so he thinks) and also a perfect tool to use to be cruel to Kelly AND also act the part of the hot-stuff boss flirting with the receptionist.

So he gets to spread it on thick with Pam, jab at Jim AND slap Kelly in the proverbial face. All while steamrolling over Michael in his own office.

I could see it.

Oct 2nd 2007 edited

I don't think Ryan will hit on Pam but I do think he'll work out in an instant that they're together...or he'll at least push Jim on the point...

I sort of think this is why Jim and Pam are being so careful at this point. Ryan is a wild card and full of himself. He'll definitely think he's shown he's better than Jim, not knowing that Jim was probably offered the job and turned it down. You don't want someone who already feels competitive regarding you holding important stuff over you, like your relationship with the love of your life.

Oct 2nd 2007

I dont see that much interaction happening between Pam and Ryan. I believe they will focus more on the Ryan/Michael interactions and throw in some Kelly drama. Leave Jim and Pam in the background as the C plot, bumping the Dwangela angst to the B plot.

Oct 2nd 2007

Hmmmm. I'm just trying to take my inspiration a bit from the boss who swooped in and took over Wernham Hogg Slogh from under David Brent's nose...Neil, I think he was called.

He trod a fine line between coming across as a bit of a suave guy, with stuff sorted out and popular with the ladies and staff in general on one hand, and on the other, taking great pleasure in mocking David's lack of success in all areas of his life.

I am wondering whether Ryan will become a slippery character like Neil...

...am not at all sure Ryan would be interested in Pam now he can have any city girl he likes :)

Oct 2nd 2007 edited

Won't Jim and Pam have to fill out a Love Contract for Toby if the word gets out?

eta...

Ryan is supposedly fixated on women of color...but he's also fixated on being an asshole. There sits Pam, all prettied up, Fancy and New, Jim's longtime unrequited love (so he thinks) and also a perfect tool to use to be cruel to Kelly AND also act the part of the hot-stuff boss flirting with the receptionist.

Nice. I could see that too.

Oct 2nd 2007

Won't Jim and Pam have to fill out a Love Contract for Toby if the word gets out?

Yes, and have it framed.

Oct 2nd 2007

Yeah Brian - that will be a scary episode if that ever happens. Maybe it could be like a big step in their relationship. One wants them to fill it in and make it official, the other isn't sure they're ready...in the end Phyllis gives them some advice or something and they come round and send it off.

But that could all happen without them telling the Scranton staff. Which would make the next episode quite exciting, as we could see the news filtering down from corporate (via a certain Wunderkind) and see how Michael and Dwight deal with it.

Wow - I had an episode idea!

Oct 2nd 2007

Yes, and have it framed.

Over their bed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7