Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.04 Money
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >
1 to 30 of 355
Oct 17th 2007 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 4
  • First aired on October 18, 2007
  • Written by Paul Lieberstein
  • Directed by Paul Lieberstein
  • Northern Attack Recap

I was never in this for the money. But it turns out that the money was a necessity for me.

Oct 17th 2007 edited

New episode tomorrow night! And the episode number is a palindrome.

Oct 17th 2007

I didn't say I was bankrupt, I declared it.

Oct 17th 2007

Out of all the hour-longs, this is the one I have been least excited for. My mind's having trouble grasping Jim & Pam voluntarily going to the Schrute farm. I read somewhere that Paul Lieberstein wrote this one. I don't know for sure though. He's written some great episodes, and some not so great episodes. Plus he's Satan.

Oct 17th 2007

I bet they go because they feel sorry for him. I can't imagine any other scenario.

Oct 17th 2007

Absolutely. This premise has already been set up in that we know that Pam feels very badly for him.

Oct 17th 2007

Yeah, I guess I'm thinking too much like myself, who can be pretty selfish and don't care about the people I work with, and not like Jim & Pam, who are sweethearts. Plus I'm sure there is some morbid curiousity involved.

I'd like to see a scenario where Dwight lets Jim & Pam in on the big "secret" that he was dating Angela, they tell him they already knew, and that starts the wheels in motion of them helping him win her back.

Oct 17th 2007 edited

That'd be sweet. But poor Andy. He's already decided that he likes her.

Oct 17th 2007

Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim (John Krasinski) spend a night out on Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) family farm, now a bed and breakfast.

Wow. I guess it could make sense if they go because they feel sorry for him....

No. It still doesn't compute.

Oct 17th 2007

Maybe they won a radio contest for a free weekend at a local B&B...and it just happened to be the newly-opened, marketing-savvy Schrute Farms B&B.

Oct 17th 2007

Hello Rock107. Am I the 10th caller?
Stop it!

Oct 17th 2007

I bet Froggy 101 hosted the B&B contest though...

Oct 17th 2007

107th caller, Brian

Oct 17th 2007

Is it weird that I have a Froggy 101 sticker on my cube wall like Dwight? my best friend said you could get them for free on their website so she got two and gave me one.

Oct 17th 2007

107th caller, Brian

How do you spell ppphhhhhhbbbbbbbttttttt?

Oct 17th 2007

you have one too many t's there :)

(wow, i'm being annoying today)

Oct 18th 2007

Anybody else kind of sad that this is the last one hour episode and that they are returning to the 30min. format? I understand that some of the storylines have been stretched and may have suffered from the hour format, but still, I enjoy the extra half hour even if sub par for Office standards. It's still a lot better than most things on TV.

Oct 18th 2007

I am bummed about it too. I never watched a 30-minute episode and thought "Boy that was the perfect length." Even the lesser ones seemed to end too quickly for me.

Oct 18th 2007

I'm bummed too.

So do we think we'll see some JAM hanky panky in this episode? I don't think so, but a girl can wish, right?

Oct 18th 2007

Well they are at a B&B, but no, I don't think we'll be invited to view the hanky panky festivities. Although wouldn't it kind of creep you out if you were trying to partake in a WBHF and Dwight was patroling the hallways of said B&B?

Oct 18th 2007

I wonder what kind of redecorating Jan is doing at the ol' condo. I'm picturing Modern Ethan Allen with some Contemporary Pottery Barn thrown in, just to add a little variety.

Oct 18th 2007

I picture her trying to make the place look like a Crate & Barrel replica.

Oct 18th 2007

I realize that Brian will think I'm an idiot for this, but I'm not sad at all. The episodes are better shorter, and I'll take quality over quantity any day. I don't feel like we get to see anything in the long episodes that we wouldn't see in deleted scenes anyway, and a lot of what we do see is pretty much crap.

Oct 18th 2007

I don't think you're an idiot for that.

I think you're an idiot for not liking Pink Floyd played loudly.

Oct 18th 2007

I don't feel like we get to see anything in the long episodes that we wouldn't see in deleted scenes anyway, and a lot of what we do see is pretty much crap.

Yup. I've been watching some deleted scenes for Season Two, and I would have rather seen those in an hour-long episode than some of the stuff they've been putting in Season 4. Although, if they did an hour long ep. of just Jim and Pam sitting on the roof, talking, I would watch that forever.

Oct 18th 2007

I think you're an idiot for not liking Pink Floyd played loudly.

This is the most incorrect sentence I've ever read. I think you accidentally left in the word "not."

Oct 18th 2007

This is the most correct sentence I've ever read. I think I accidentally left the oven on.

Umm, OK. Better get on that.

Oct 18th 2007

Don't do that. It makes me look like a spaz!

Oct 18th 2007

Don't do that. It makes me look like you should have won the Nobel Prize, not Al Gore!

Huh?

Oct 18th 2007

I think you're an idiot for liking any Pink Floyd songs other than "Wish You Were Here" and a couple of things from The Wall.

I'm glad we can agree on this.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12