Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.04 Money
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >
121 to 150 of 355
Oct 18th 2007

I loved Darryl's own Pavlovian reaction to visits from Ryan. Delly is going to be the couple to watch this season.

Andgela is too sad to me for some reason. We're going to see puppy-dog Dwight, and that's just unnerving.

Oct 18th 2007

We're going to see puppy-dog Dwight, and that's just unnerving.

Well, maybe not anymore. And I was kinda hoping for a "Money money money money....mo-ney" song from Andy tonight.

Oct 18th 2007

Michael is such a little boy. I just want to hug him! I loved that the real Dwight made a comeback at the end of the show. I was feeling so terrible for him. I hope he gets mean and nasty around the office now (with Andy). That'll be a hoot. :) There wasn't much funny tonight, but it was so brilliant. All the insights we got into the characters...I don't think it would be too far off to say we learned more about the characters workings during this episode than all of last season. Even Stanley in his warm-up suit sitting at home NOT wanting to hear from Michael. And how sweet was Michael at his second job talking to the people about their lives and not just selling diet pills. That's what makes him so great and is why I can excuse all of his mess-ups. I love this show!

Oct 18th 2007 edited

And I was kinda hoping for a "Money money money money....mo-ney" song from Andy tonight.

Must be funny...in a rich man's world.

Count me on the fence for this episode. I loved certain bits of it, but as a whole I'm not thrilled. I'm not entirely sure why, but the jokes fell a little flat, like all of the callbacks to past episodes and the fact that I felt like I could predict what was going to come next.

Okay, so the Harry Potter bedtime story might be one of my favorite moments of the season so far.

Edit: So I guess I did really like the emotional depth of the episode, but it was different than I expected. It'll grow on me, I promise.

Edit 2: Toolbar. Snerk.

Oct 18th 2007

The train scene with Jan gave off a weird Forrest-and-Jenny vibe.

Oct 18th 2007

"I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is."

That is so Michael.

Oct 18th 2007

Ha, check this out.

Oct 18th 2007

This was one of the best episodes I have seen, even if it wasn't ROFL. I will say, when Oscar shows the chart to Michael, it seems like most of the debt is his fault. Yet everything else would indicate that Jan is bleeding him dry and she should know better. I'm thinking that she wanted the Porsche since she's the one driving it. She also seems to be the one wanting all the redecorating done. Maybe he should have been more open about his debt, but she gave him his last raise when she worked at corporate. So she should know better. I will say one thing, Jan needs to get it together, in some ways more than Michael does. If you keep treating someone badly, they will eventually bail regardless of how loyal they are. If Jan keeps mistreating Michael, those moments of humanity from her aren't going to matter and Michael will bail. He did it once and he could very well do it again.

Oct 18th 2007

Not really sharing the love here. Probably my least favorite of the season so far. Something about Paul Lieberstein's episodes just don't work for me, he's written several episodes I haven't liked that much. Maybe the fact that it was such a serious episode threw me off. The serious parts were done very well, although I thought Jim & Dwight's scene in the Motivational Stairwell could have gone on for another minute or two. And the Jim/Pam kiss and love for Italian food scenes were wonderful. Kelly & Darryl were great, Darryl is Dr. Smooth. Really liked Andy talking to Pam and his bizarre stance at her desk. Kevin had some funny lines. I don't know why he expected people to go to Scrantonicity II, after nobody went to Pam's art show. I liked Oscar's scenes, it was nice seeing more of him. Pretty sure Dwight had a Van Halen poster in his bedroom, which rules. But overall just not that funny. There were a lot of interesting storylines set up in these first four hours, it will be interesting to see how they all play out.

Oct 18th 2007

Jim and Pam? They are cuter than a basketfull of puppies with photos of babies tied to their collars. Cute babies. Pam, you are one lucky broad. Writers, do not mess with this.

In short? Loved this episode. I hope Michael sees that he and Jan can't possibly work. I hope Kelly taps into her un-crazy side. I hope people remember the magic that was Die Hard. I hope Angela feels like crap right now (which she doesn't, but she should).

That is all.

Oct 18th 2007

Ha, check this out.

That is hilarious! Much more so than the Pizza by Alfredo site, which I loved last week. Even the obsessed fans keep topping themselves every week.

Oct 18th 2007

Okay, so take everything negative just said and reverse it and you have my reactions on the episode. It's fun watching Kelly being "handled."

Oct 18th 2007 edited

They are cuter than a basketfull of puppies with photos of babies tied to their collars. Cute babies.

I shall steal this and pass it off as my own.

And yes, Pam is lucky. She's got access to those puppies 24/7. I'd still rather be Jim.

Oct 18th 2007

I'm not even sure what to say to that, Brian. Where to begin.....

Oct 18th 2007

Now that the four hour-long episodes are over, I wonder if they were front-loaded to ensure as much of the season as possible would get produced before the writers' strike takes effect. Having essentially eight episodes already airing could allow NBC to fill time in January with repeats and air new episodes in February for sweeps. Could put the show a leg up on its competitors if everything gets shut down.

This was my favorite of the hour-long episodes, and I was both surprised and happy that Dwight's storyline was played as seriously as it was. Michael's breakdown was at its best here, and the idea of making him one of the cubicle drones gave more insight into his character. He was comfortable in that environment (other than calling Stanley) and enjoyed the company of his peers. The job as described didn't interest him in the slightest, but he had people who would listen to him. That segment doesn't work unless the writers care for the character, and it was splendid.

Jim's sympathy with Dwight's position was also handled with great care, helping both men in the immediate future and possibly setting up more good developments down the road. Jim rarely talks straight with Dwight, but clearly did so in the stairwell. Since it not only helped Dwight, but Jim as well (though his lips may be a little chapped after that), maybe we will see more glimpses into that angle of their relationship.

The jokes were not what made Money a great episode for me, but Scrantonicity II is even funnier than Scrantonicity. I don't know if Kevin has alternatives should he fall out with these musicians, as Paper in the Lackawanna or Every Sale You Make just don't have the innate magic of Scrantonicity II. He might have to move in a new direction.

Oct 18th 2007

The train scene with Jan gave off a weird Forrest-and-Jenny vibe.

Was showing their feet dangling for a loooong time taken from Forrest Gump? If so it went over my head. That was a strange directing choice to me.

I would have liked to see a little scene between Jim and Pam where they talk about why they're going to the Schrute Farm. I know not everything needs an explanation, but I think it would have helped to show Jim a little hesitant to go, but Pam convincing him it would be fun. Did anyone else think Jim's voiceover when they were the farm didn't sound like him? It was obvious it was him while he was delivering it, he just sounded different to me.

but the jokes fell a little flat, like all of the callbacks to past episodes

I did think the callbacks this week were better than they had previously been, a little more subtlety involved.

Oct 18th 2007 edited

Also, Jan's family doesn't speak to her on the advice of counsel? Is this a criminal or civil matter, and will we see what it is? Does she have a wrongful-termination suit in the works?

Oct 18th 2007

Didn't she say she was overly litigious with her family in Cocktail Party?

Oct 18th 2007 edited

Also, Jan's family doesn't speak to her on the advice of counsel? Is this a criminal or civil matter, and will we see what it is? Does she have a wrongful-termination suit in the works?

That was a good callback to a deleted scene from Cocktails, in an extended talking head she says her family is very litigious.

ETA: Brian wins.

Oct 18th 2007

Wow, with Daryl's daughter, that makes two callbacks to deleted scenes in one episode. I sense the writers are enjoying throwing nuggets out to the obsessive fans this season.

Oct 18th 2007 edited

Amazing. This is one worth watching again and again.

I agree that the conference room scene - "Ryan used me as an object" - stands among the best ever. Plenty for us JAMmers, too: did you notice how the beds were pushed together ("You'll never want to leave your room") and Pam looked a bit uneasy as the camera caught it?

Oct 18th 2007

Plenty for us JAMmers, too: did you notice how the beds were pushed together ("You'll never want to leave your room") and Pam looked a bit uneasy as the camera caught it?

I just rewatched that and didn't catch it! Nice going, Nicest Insect. Runs off to rewatch.

Jenna's blog said to pay special attention to the mantle in the main room at Schrute Farm. I caught the multiple Dundies the first time through. Was there something else anyone caught?

Oct 18th 2007 edited

Damn, I missed this and I can't go back and see it because my #@*!@#$ DVR decided it was 100% full when it's really 50% full and didn't record the episode. Maybe that's why I didn't like it as much, I was too busy getting irritated about the DVR.

The Van Halen poster in Dwight's bedroom - did anybody else catch it? Brian? You could never see the whole poster but I'm 99% sure Michael Anthony was on the part you could see.

Oct 18th 2007

Dwight plays "You Give Love a Bad Name" on the recorder.

Nice analogy for Michael and Jan's relationship: "Where does this train take us?" "I think the engineer left."

Oct 18th 2007

I feel for ya. DVR's do that, I've found, when you watch the same channel for a while. Your recorded shows plus the programming you're currently watching, combine to fill up the memory. Look at it this way, at least your annoying brother-in-law isn't sleeping on an air mattress in your finished basement where your DVR and the good TV are, leaving you to Web surf in your living room where the wireless reception is spotty and the TV is only 13 inches and doesn't get HBO.

You know, just for instance.

Oct 18th 2007

You know, Brian, there's always Schrute Farm if you need a night away. Although, they are wireless now. But maybe Dwight found the wires Mose took by now.

Oct 18th 2007

Touche, 69CoN. Touche.

Oct 18th 2007

I loved so many things about this episode. Mose running next to the car, Andy giving Angela garbage, Dwight playing “You Give Love a Bad Name” on his recorder, and so much more that I can’t even think of because I can only think of one thing right now. I have said this before and I’ll say it again. I love love love how much Jim adores Pam. That scene made me cry. I was babysitting my nieces and they just looked looked at me and said “Why are you crying Tia?” and I couldn’t hold it in. I even cried when Jan was telling Michael that he was the only one there for her. I must be emotional tonight. Since my nieces were here, I missed a lot of the episode so now that they’re gone, I’m going to watch it again.

Also, my best friend found that trip advisor thing online yesterday and we were laughing thinking one of the fans had created it so we were excited to see it on the show today.

Oh, I forgot one thing. How sad was it that nobody went to Kev’s band thing? Money Kevin = Business School Pam.

Oct 18th 2007

Also, yay for Paul Leiberstein's directorial debut.

Oct 18th 2007

Dwight playing “You Give Love a Bad Name” on his recorder,

That's it! I couldn't figure it out. Thanks.

Money Kevin = Business School Pam.

And yet when Jim has a barbecue, everyone comes running, e-vite or no.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >