Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.05 Local Ad
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
31 to 60 of 308
Oct 25th 2007 edited

Poor Jim... he's feeling insecure.

Oh D!

eta: I don't think I laughed out loud once during this episode. I need to watch it again. It went by so fast...

Oct 25th 2007

My wife said she taped the episode. I believed her. Turns out, she taped "Are You Smarter Than A Canadian Fifth Grader".

FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuudge!!!!!

I'm actually really really angry. Now I have to wait till like...tomorrow to watch it. MAN!!!

Oct 25th 2007

eta: Pam didn't know that Jim plays the guitar? That's weird, isn't it? Wouldn't she have seen his guitar at his apartment?

Yes. It was in his bedroom way back during his cookout in "E-mail Surveillance," wasn't it? She would have noticed it for sure even then, I bet.

Oct 25th 2007

Did she actually say she didn't know he played guitar, or was she just surprised that he was into it enough to incorporate it into his Second Life avatar? (Noisy housemates were doing dishes, so I honestly don't know.)

Oct 25th 2007 edited

I'm pretty sure she said that she didn't know he played. I'm a little disapointed/surprised that they don't know each other as well as I thought they would by now.

Somebody reassure me that Pam really is in love with Jim and that Jim's insecurity is just rubbing off on me... the writers aren't going to have Pam outgrow Jim are they?

Oct 25th 2007

Somebody reassure me that Pam really is in love with Jim and that Jim's insecurity is just rubbing off on me... the writers aren't going to have Pam outgrow Jim are they?

There, there, now. Of course she loves him. It's just the pregnancy hormones talking. Go have some warm milk and go to bed and you'll feel better until you wake up at 2 am. I promise.

Seriously, she really does love him. I think we're all reading into things that aren't there. They've come too far for Pam to suddenly decide, after drastically altering the course of her life and calling off her wedding, that she's grown so much that she's outgrown Jim. That's just silly talk.

Oct 25th 2007

That's just silly talk.

I concur. And maybe he ditched the guitar in his malaise over Pam and move to Stanford.
Man, this place is dead tonight.

Oct 25th 2007

I think it's the weather.

Oct 25th 2007

Thanks for the reassurance.

Yeah, what's up with this place? Maybe I will go have some milk and go to bed...

Oct 25th 2007

The hour-long shows have spoiled me: this one just flew by. Overall, I thought it was a pretty solid episode: not the best, but pretty okayly good.

Oct 25th 2007

theres hope for dwight!

Oct 25th 2007

I was kind of underwhelmed by this episode. There were some good moments, but it felt kind of one-note. Maybe I should watch it again. The only thing that sticks out in my mind right now is that I really like watching Pam's facial expressions -- her messy morning hair was really cute -- and that Jim seemed kind of off. I'm pretty upset right now that I saw the "Michael Scott Director's Cut" online at NBC.com today. Someone posted a link here and I didn't really know what it was so I watched. I liked it a lot, but I feel like I spoiled the payoff of the episode. These half-hour episodes are going to take some adjusting to. By the time it ended, I would have been figuring it was just hitting its stride a week earlier and could still hope for a better second half.

Anyone else a little bummed?

Oct 25th 2007

Anyone else a little bummed?

I suppose I am, a little bit. Especially after I felt that 30 Rock knocked it out of the park.

Oct 25th 2007

Which one is blow?

hehe, that felt a little off too to me, maybe it's me. I'm a little sleep deprived and had too many donuts today.

Oct 25th 2007

Jim was on thin ice this episode. "Money" Jim, who loved Italian food so much, seemed awfully eager to minimize Italian food's artistic endeavor. He was redeemed only by the lack of a ride home, the partially-stolen morning breakfast, and the DVD at Poor Richard's. He's skating a little too close to Roy territory.

I agree that the guitar thing seemed off. I think they should have discussed that by now.

I did like the racially typecast Kelly and Stanley scenes. How did Michael get Stanley to agree to that?

Oct 25th 2007

He's skating a little too close to Roy territory.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oct 25th 2007

I really enjoyed the episode, especially the singing. The fact that Angela called Andy "D" was a very happy moment. It felt odd for it to end, but Scrubs wasn't as bad as I expected it to be so I was pleased.

Brian, I came so close to watching the video and then I closed the page really fast. I think I'm going to try to only read spoilers and not watch them from now on, I don't want these half hours to seems shorter than they really are!

Oct 25th 2007

seemed awfully eager to minimize Italian food's artistic endeavor.

Really? it just seemed like he wanted to go home, and as you said, she was his ride. And he left happily to do what she wants. Not very Royesque.

On the guitar, maybe Pam has never seen Jim pick up the guitar or profess interest in it... or that heartless Karen made him ditch it.

Oct 25th 2007

First impression: I liked the episode but I think it's one of those episodes you need to watch again right away because it felt like it went by so fast you missed a lot. The hour episodes really spoiled me and I'm just left wanting more, which means that BJ did a good job writing the episode.

Top moment: Kevin's Kool-Aid face..come on, how hilarious was that?!

Stole the show: Darryl - he incorporates the keyboard in his stand-up and is a really talented singer.

It's great to see that Dwangela still has a pulse. I'm just impressed that Dwight is channeling his martial arts training by withstanding his urge to take Andy to the dojo to battle for his lady.

JAM index: Good points to be made from the "we're making something out of nothing" camp and the "here we go with the angst" fort. Maybe the obvious is that the big JAM explosion that may inevitably occur is that Jim may make Pam choose career vs relationship. Jim sacraficed his career for her, would she do the same? Or can Jim step up and be the guy we all think and hope he will be and support her as she strives to achieve her dreams and be more than a receptionist. Go Dobler and just want to be with his girl and that's enough, or rather all he wants. Put a smile on my face to see how proud he was of her work and wanted everybody to know about. I'm hoping they won't turn this relationship sour so early, it just wouldn't be right.

Oct 25th 2007

???????????????????????????????????????

I just meant that it was awfully rude to go up to someone's computer (especially someone you love) and minimize what they're working on to see Dwight's Second Life Game. It's obvious she was into the animation or she wouldn't have stayed there until 2:45. It felt to me like something Roy would have done. But he was redeemed by the breakfast and the DVD, this time.

Oct 25th 2007 edited

I thought it was a good episode that was made real good, almost great, by the commercial at the end, which was all kinds of extra awesome. It did seem to fly by, guess it will take a couple episodes to get used again to the half-hours. I was expecting and hoping for a funny, light-hearted episode, and that's pretty much what it was.

Favorite line was Angela saying she didn't like to be titillated. Also loved Michael's Eddie Murphy phone call, Michael calling Ryan a little bitch, Andy's description of the necking, the Creed/Kevin/Darryl/Kelly/Andy supergroup, and "Ohhh, D!!!" And every single part of the commercial, especially Dwight being Phyllis' son and Michael's happiness at the end.

Jim/Pam was a little strange. I liked the foreshadowing of some strife between them. This being TV, there has to be some strife, and having different dreams and aspirations is much better than any kind of love triangle. Really liked hearing that Pam is still taking some classes. Thought Jim interrupting her animation session to show her Second Life was pretty insensitive. I did like his jealousy at the very end. I think everything is still just fine between them, but they are still learning a lot about each other. Which could be good for us because hopefully we will learn these things along with them.

Oct 25th 2007

Really? it just seemed like he wanted to go home, and as you said, she was his ride. And he left happily to do what she wants. Not very Royesque.

That's what I got out of it as well. No biggie.

I miss the hour eps already, but I felt okay about tonight's. I liked Dwight's note to Phyllis in the Michael Scott Cut. Also, the "Oh, D!" Good times there.

Speaking of guitars, I busted my g-string tonight. That's kind of a downer.

Oct 25th 2007

I think the Jim and Pam conflict could simply be Jim thinking that Pam has outgrown him. He'll be insecure for a while, and I can imagine that's when she'll finally tell him something to the effect of, "I can't believe you think I've outgrown you. I love you." And then they'll go off somewhere where Jim can practice being one of her art models, and all will be well again.

Oct 25th 2007

I think between being tired and the shorter episode, I should reserve judgment. I'm already rewatching as I read comments on here, and I'm realizing there was a lot of cool stuff packed in. I'm just really kicking myself for watching that video today.

Oct 25th 2007

Double post, sorry. When Phyllis is crying in the parking lot, Michael says someone give her a tissue. Kevin looks so sympathetic, and he tears her off a piece of masking tape.

Oct 25th 2007

So happy I didn't see the commercial beforehand. I had no idea what to expect and from the time Kelly was bluescreened in front of the Taj Mahal until the end I was absolutely dying.

Two more things I loved - Pam clearing the phones and Michael assigning Oscar to costume design duty.

The "ten days later" message on the screen was they first time they've done anything like that. Didn't bother me.

Oct 25th 2007

Go Dobler

Hee!

I'm just really kicking myself for watching that video today.

Me too. However, it didn't read as well in the ep as it did as a stand-alone. I just wished I watched it as a stand-alone after seeing the ep, not before.

Oct 25th 2007 edited

In all, a very sweet - one could even say feelgood - episode - actually ending on a good note: everybody is pleased with the video, and Michael buys a round of drinks, with apparetly no strings attached. I agree that Jim was a bit off, especially his interrupting of Pam's design work, but he redeemed himself at the bar by showing the DVD and seeming genuinely proud of her.

I remembered the guitar in Jim's room in E-Mail Surveillance. Pam didn't?

Dwight's Second Life flight was hilarious.

Oct 25th 2007

Speaking of guitars, I busted my g-string tonight. That's kind of a downer.

At least you didn't bust it while dancing. That would be even more of a bummer.

Oct 25th 2007

LIke I always say about spoilers, I just don't want to see the show before I see the show. In this case I just wasn't paying attention to what I was watching.

Oh, and I came back in here to point out Pam's "clearing the lines" gag, but you beat me to it. I didn't catch the 10 days later thing before you pointed it out, though.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
31 to 60 of 308
Top of PageBack to discussions