Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.06 Branch Wars
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >
1 to 30 of 460
Oct 30th 2007 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 6
  • First aired on November 1, 2007
  • Written by Mindy Kaling
  • Directed by Joss Whedon
  • Northern Attack Recap

I cried for weeks over that guy, so yeah, seeing him climb out of a PT Cruiser in a ladies’ warehouse uniform felt pretty good.

Oct 30th 2007

The progidal daughter returns.

Oct 30th 2007

I saw a preview last night and now that Jim and Pam are together, seeing Karen didn't bother me at all. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how Pam reacts to Jim seeing Karen again. Even though WE all know she has nothing to worry about, I'm hoping to see Pam display a little jealousy.

Oct 30th 2007

I'm sure there will be some trepidation about Karen coming back, but I'm looking forward to it. I think it sounds like a realistic scenario, and I also want to see some jealousy and snark. There could also be good humor around how people like Michael, Kevin, Kelly, & Phyllis react to Karen's return. Apparently some of this episode was shown at the convention and got a great reaction. Can't wait.

Oct 30th 2007

It'd be nice to see Pam reciprocate some of what Jim has been dishing out since Fun Run.

Oct 30th 2007

progidal

prodigal, right? :)

Oct 30th 2007

Wanna borrow my copy of "The Convention"?

Oct 30th 2007

Oh snap. I can't keep track of all the words Michael mangles. It's egregious, you know.

Oct 30th 2007

This could be good, or very, very bad. I still don't buy the idea that they put Karen in charge of a branch, and don't care that she's trying to steal employees from other branches of the same company. But then again, I think we all know that D-M is going down the drain. I think a fitting series finale would be called something like "Going Out of Business Sale", and all that implies.

Oct 30th 2007

Do we really know that Karen manages another DM branch? I'm thinking she left the company completely and is working in sales somewhere else.

Oct 30th 2007

Stay tuned to this weeks episode MISS.

Oct 30th 2007

I don't have any interest in seeing a jealous Pam. That's ALL we saw last season. No more, I beg you!!

If we MUST have Karen back for an episode (why), I'd like to see Jim freaking out over what Pam's reaction will be, and then have Pam be totally cool with the whole thing.

I have a feeling the return of Karen is going to be another nail in the "Jim doesn't take anything seriously" coffin, another chip at his self-esteem. Maybe Karen will plant seeds of dischord in Jim regarding Pam's committment to their relationship - as in, "You could have had a great position in NYC, but instead you're gallavanting around with these two idiots. I just hope she was worth it, Jim...I hope she's as sickeningly obsessed with you as you obviously are with her."

THAT...I would like. ;)

Oct 30th 2007

I know she's coming back, I just wondered if she's trying to steal DM employees for her own company. I've been avoiding spoilers, though (my appearance in this thread to the contrary), so I probably just missed the branch manager detail.

Oct 30th 2007

You say "sickeningly obsessed" with Jim like it's a bad thing.

Oct 30th 2007 edited

Well, Karen probably thinks it's a bad thing, wouldn't you say? ;)

Oct 30th 2007

I don't have any interest in seeing a jealous Pam.

I don't have any interest in a jealous Pam that sits in the corner and mopes and doesn't talk to Jim. I do have interest in a jealous Pam that does something charming that reminds us all of her extra awesomeness.

I'd also like to see everyone else freaking out about her return while the three of them play it cool.

And what the heck is a Finer Things Club anyway? This has to come from the mastermind of Andrew Bernard.

Oct 30th 2007 edited

What AMJ said. I tried saying something like that a couple of times but my brain's broken today.

Oct 30th 2007

Perhaps.

I like Jim-jealousy better. ;)

Oct 30th 2007

I'm actually excited for some Karen-jealousy.

Oct 30th 2007

Is it wrong to hope that Karen just spontaneously combusts?

Oct 30th 2007

Is it wrong to hope that Karen just spontaneously combusts?

Is it wrong to hope that Jim sees Karen walk in and automatically goes and plants one on Pam and THAT's what makes Karen spontaneously combust?

Oct 30th 2007

You know what is wrong? Hoping that Jim decides to get back together with Karen. I actually know people think that the show has suffered significantly without her, and she needs to come back on a permanent basis.

These people are idiots.

Oct 30th 2007

These people are idiots.

Should we put their stuff in the vending machine?

Oct 30th 2007

I actually know people think that the show has suffered significantly without her, and she needs to come back on a permanent basis.

I'm sorry, what?

Oct 30th 2007

Should we put their stuff in the vending machine?

That's the least we should do.

Oct 30th 2007

I'm sorry, what?

I think there's a comment to that effect on my first recap. Maybe it was Karin's. Somebody made some kind of comment about how the show was "suffering" without Karen's "energy". (That's a lot of Kari/ens, but I hope you can parse it.) I also met a woman who goes to culinary school with one of my brothers, who was claiming that she was growing bored without Karen, and might stop watching soon. I was baffled, too.

Oct 30th 2007

UNbelievable

Oct 30th 2007

Yeah. I had assumed that the only people likely to stop watching after the departure of Rashida Jones were Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton.

Oct 30th 2007

I actually know people think that the show has suffered significantly without her, and she needs to come back on a permanent basis.

These people should most certainly be shunned.

Oct 30th 2007

These people are idiots.

Are these people named Toby?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...