Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.06 Branch Wars
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >
31 to 60 of 460
Oct 30th 2007

I actually know people think that the show has suffered significantly without her, and she needs to come back on a permanent basis.

You know some real losers.

Oct 30th 2007

I actually know people think that the show has suffered significantly without her, and she needs to come back on a permanent basis.

You know some real losers.

Seriously. Get new friends, for cryin' out loud.

Oct 30th 2007

Well I for one was avoiding spoilers for S4 and thought she would probably still be around Dunder-Mifflin and was kind of interested in that. I mean, I thought it would be interesting to see Karen without having to be irritated with her for being with Jim and being all wrong for him-- see her come into her own a little more, be a little more fun Karen like she was at Stamford. So I can't totally blame people who are sad she's gone, and personally I'm glad we'll be seeing her again, though I don't want her back permanently...

Oct 30th 2007

I'm sorry, mbmargarita, but we'll have to shun you now.

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting to know her as her own character. I just don't want her around Jim. Or Pam. Or both of them together.

Oct 30th 2007

Yeah, I actually didn't mind Karen before she became a bad plot device last year. In the first few episodes of Season 3, I thought she was okay. Then they turned her into Bad Idea Jeans, aka Jim's New Beeyotch, and that was it for me.

Oct 30th 2007

I am not at all concerned about her coming between Jim and Pam, I just don't want her around. Her facial expressions for concerned/sad/upset/confused/etc were all the same.

Oct 30th 2007

If I wasn't Toosie, I'd think that BTF and I are the same person with 2 accounts. And that one person was just typing first on BTF's account, then Toosie's every time to make it seem like Toosie's slower at typing.

Oct 30th 2007

That's just...spooky. Which is perfect, considering that tomorrow is Halloween.

Oct 30th 2007

Like something out of the Twilight Zone.

Oct 30th 2007

Doo-doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo...

Oct 30th 2007

I really liked Karen up through Benihana's at least. I don't know if I'd call her "fun Karen", though.

Da doo doo doo. Doo da da da. That's all I have to say to you.

Oct 30th 2007

Isn't that like, Phil Collins?

Oct 30th 2007

Nope. It's the Police. They're a band from the 80s that covered a lot of Scrantonicity's stuff.

Oct 30th 2007

No, you're thinking of the Pet Shop Boys.

Oct 30th 2007 edited

Wasn't Phil Collins in the Police? Sting was, and some other famous singer.

Oct 30th 2007

I was gonna say Peter Gabriel, but that's Genesis as well. Dangit...

Oct 30th 2007

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel in Genesis. Sting's the only one from the Police, I guess.

I'm not sure why this matters...

Oct 30th 2007

I'm not sure why this matters...

Me neither, but it does. It's vital to.....something....

Oct 30th 2007

...knowing what you're hearing when you're listening to the classic rock station?

Oct 30th 2007

That's the ticket!

Oct 30th 2007

The only person who was in the Police who is still remotely famous is Sting. Andy Summers was in the New Animals (aka the sucky, non-Eric Burdon Animals), and Stewart Copeland was in Curved Air, but they're not doing anything that would make them notable anymore, really.

Oct 30th 2007 edited

Yeah, I actually didn't mind Karen before she became a bad plot device last year. In the first few episodes of Season 3, I thought she was okay. Then they turned her into Bad Idea Jeans, aka Jim's New Beeyotch, and that was it for me.

That's pretty much how it went for me, too:

Affection for Karen Graph

.......|.............
.....|...............
..|||................
.........||<("five hours of talking")
...........||........
.............||......
...............||....
.................||..
...................|.
....................|<("Pam is . . . kind of a bitch")

Oct 31st 2007

I think it's safe to say we will not see any Karen and Pam interaction in this episode. But how do you think Jim and Karen's scene will go? What will be said?

Oct 31st 2007

I hope something gets bleeped. I'd say there's a pretty strong possibility that Karen uses a couple of cuss words.

My guess is that Karen is sort of over her initial, totally visceral (and understandable) rage, and has now moved on to a sort of icy, unforgiving anger. Jim will be contrite and score no points. Pam will be insecure, which will make Jim feel a little better about his own insecurities vis a vis their relationship. Happy ending!

If you had told me sometime around mid-March what the scenario was and asked me what I thought would happen, I suspect I would have said, "Of course, Jim & Pam are going to break up, because that's the least interesting possible option." Don't feel that way anymore.

Oct 31st 2007

Yeah. I had assumed that the only people likely to stop watching after the departure of Rashida Jones were Quincy Jones and Peggy Lipton.

Ooo...snap!

I have NO interest in Karen. I don't understand the statement "I liked her before she became nothing more than a plot point..." Huh? That's ALWAYS what she was. When they announced the casting of Jones, that's already what she was. People were already going, "Oh, she's Pam's competition".

Therefore - since she was never intended to be a character who was on just for the humor and hilarity she provided to the show, I don't understand the desire to have 'more of her beyond the Jim storyline'. More? You mean..some? Because there never was any.

This show doesn't need another straight man. It's B-O-R-I-N-G.

Sorry if I sound snarky, I just...I don't get it. I don't GET IT. ;)

Oct 31st 2007

Huh? That's ALWAYS what she was.

Before she was Jim's girlfriend, I think there were a lot of us who were holding out hope that they would do something else with her . . . which they didn't.

Plus, she's hot.

Oct 31st 2007

She rocked in Benihana Christmas. She had interaction and attitude. She was funny and interesting. I wanted more of that. Unfortunately, the writers were faced with a fork in that road and they took it.

Oct 31st 2007

Whenever I think about forks in roads, I think about this. It's about one minute in.

Oct 31st 2007

I'm with you Emmyjean, I assumed she was going to be Jim's girlfriend from the minute she was announced. Never believed she was going to be anything else. Then she proved to be an mediocre actress, which stands out in a group of great actors, so last season I never cared about seeing more of her, or getting to know her, or anything. But I do think her appearance tomorrow has to be potential to be really good. And then she can go away forever.

And to quote Kevin in Sexual Harrassment, she's not THAT hot.

Oct 31st 2007

I'm with you Emmyjean, I assumed she was going to be Jim's girlfriend from the minute she was announced.

Well, as they say, denial is not just a river in Egypt.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >