Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.06 Branch Wars
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >
61 to 90 of 460
Oct 31st 2007

Word. Sure, it was pretty clear that she was gonna be Jim's "alternate love interest", but at least in the beginning she had a personality separate from that. Then the branches merged, she became a bad caricature (sp?) of the Jealous Girlfriend - save for the Asian Hooters Christmas episode, where she was Stamford Karen again - and it was just...blech.

The idea of seeing her as Michael's equal in Utica intrigues me. So sue me. Wait - don't do that.

Oct 31st 2007

Is she hotter than Pam?

In the humble and possibly incorrect opinion of a woman...no.

Oct 31st 2007

I've said this before, but whatever: Outside the context of the television show, Rashida Jones is much more my "type" than Jenna Fischer -- short, slim, dark. But inside the context of the show, Pam is a hip, hip lady, and Karen is just an ill-fitting suit. So, no, Karen is not hotter than Pam. It's amazing what putting a person in bad clothes and removing their personality can do to their attractiveness.

Oct 31st 2007

Not at all.

Oct 31st 2007

Pam will be insecure, which will make Jim feel a little better about his own insecurities vis a vis their relationship.

This is something I would love to see, but for some reason not getting that vibe that we will be witness to something like this any time soon.

Oct 31st 2007

That's one big fork. It often a good source of funny to take the figurative and make it literal.

Nov 1st 2007

It just struck me that we are now in a sweeps month. What will be the Big Things Happening in the next three episodes? Got to think a lot of plot lines will be devoted to the three love stories - Jim/Pam, Michael/Jan, and Dwight/Angela/Andy. I think I speak for the majority when I say to please let Jim & Pam stay happy, and save most of the angst for the other two stories.

Nov 1st 2007

I suspect that Karen coming back is probably the first sweeps month stunt. We'll see what this month has in store for Dwight and Angela. I hope it doesn't take until the end of the fifth season for them to get back together.

Nov 1st 2007 edited

I welcome the triumphant return of Karen. I imagine somewhere in Imaginationland she's being stabbed to death by some woodland Christmas creatures though.

Nov 1st 2007

I think it would be funny if Karen's first TH went like this:

Why did I transfer to Utica? I think that's pretty obvious. I got promoted! And you can't beat that corner office... right?

but of course it won't because Karen doesn't know what Jim said in his TH in GWH.

I hope we get to see a Fancy New Filippelli, though. Now that she's out from under that dork Jim (TWSS!)

Nov 1st 2007

I imagine somewhere in Imaginationland she's being stabbed to death by some woodland Christmas creatures though.

I think to some Karen is one of the woodland creatures doing the stabbing (and raping, of course).

Nov 1st 2007 edited

Hopefully no one pees in her eye socket... especially not an Afghan.

These are all Southpark references, btw...

30 minutes...

Nov 1st 2007

Hopefully no one pees in her eye socket...

I was totally going to say this but worried about all the folks who wouldn't get the reference and what they'd think of me...

Nov 1st 2007

I was totally going to say this but worried about all the folks who wouldn't get the reference and what they'd think of me...

But you weren't worried about what folks who didn't get the reference would think about you referring to Karen as a stabbing, raping woodland creature? ;-)

Nov 1st 2007

Haha... Um, all I can think to say is chase that feeling started it.

ONE MINUTE!

Nov 1st 2007

She's regional manager! Go Karen ;).

Nov 1st 2007

Haha! "I don't know how George Bush did it when Colin Powell left"; great Michael line there.

Nov 1st 2007

Ah, so that's what a "Finer Things Club" is. I have a feeling Toby is there just for some Pam face time.

"Other than having sex with men, this club is the gayest thing about me" haha

Nov 1st 2007

Aw, Jim's a new uncle!

Nov 1st 2007

THE TEAPOT! The TEAPOT is BACK!

"I cut my penis on the lid!". Wow.

Nov 1st 2007

This is NOT how I wanted Karen to see Jim. Why in the world didn't he take that d@mn mustache off as soon as Dwight and Michael left the car?

Nov 1st 2007

Well, I'd say that should put an end to the fears that Karen will come between Jim and Pam in ANY way.

Nov 1st 2007

Haha, I quite enjoyed the Jim/Karen meet & greet.

Nov 1st 2007

Well, I'd say that should put an end to the fears that Karen will come between Jim and Pam in ANY way.

Unless Pam gets upset when she finds out that Jim WILLINGLY drove to Utica with Michael and Dwight, knowing she would be there. I don't get it. He could have gotten out. He did get out of the car. It didn't seem in character for him to go along with the prank, even if he did it kind of reluctantly.

Nov 1st 2007

Man these half hour episodes seem so...so...short compared to the one hour eps. Like, half an hour shorter.

It's weird.

Nov 1st 2007

I think he felt a moral responsibility to keep Dwight and Michael to as minimal damage as possible.

Nov 1st 2007 edited

Just lie on her and think of Stanley.

Mindy Kaling likes writing scenes with Michael, Jim, and Dwight in a car.

ETA: That Angela's Ashes tag was amazing!

Nov 1st 2007

It didn't seem in character for him to go along with the prank, even if he did it kind of reluctantly.

Agreed. I don't understand why he couldn't just tell Karen "Listen, you KNOW how Michael and Dwight are. I had no idea about the prank when I got into the car. I put on the costume to prevent Dwight from blowing up anything..." etc etc. I suppose I can imagine how nervous he was about seeing Karen and that kept him from thinking clearly, but that was difficult to see Jim so uncomfortable!

Nov 1st 2007

I think he felt a moral responsibility to keep Dwight and Michael to as minimal damage as possible.

Yes, I could see that. I was wondering if that could be it, or if I was making excuses just because I Heart Jim Halpert. But if someone else thinks it, too...I'm sticking with that.

I used to like - or at least, not dislike - Toby. Now...I don't like him. He is creepy.

Nov 1st 2007

Jim even said that he went as a comprimise with Dwight: Dwight doesn't blow anything up, and Jim goes in a costume.

Oh, Karen - I wonder if we'll get to see her crank the crazy up any further this year. Although, I kind of understand - it would seriously suck to have the one who broke your heart show up at your new job, tell you he didn't want to see you, and that his new relationship is going well.

By the way, did anyone else think that Jim looked, um, GORGEOUS with that hat on in the tag? MELT!!!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 16
  12. >