Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.06 Branch Wars
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...
  13. 16
  14. >
211 to 240 of 460
Nov 2nd 2007

I'm going to try to reign it in a little, for the obvious reason that most of the people who read it will have enjoyed it. I didn't quite as much.

Nov 2nd 2007

Certainly, but I think the criticism is that the employees' work lives aer being spent outside of the office, which seems sort of odd for a documentary about an office.

True, but not odd for a documentary about people who happen to work in an office.

I can't remember the last time I thought, "It's funny because it's true!" about this show.

Probably when they did the Nixon sketch in which people are running past him and he keeps saying "Pardon me."

The pissing in the can joke was low-brow, but that's never a knock in my book. It was certainly a lot more plausible than the Molotov cocktails in the trunk. People pee in containers on road trips. Not me. The stage fright alone would carry me to the next rest stop.

Nov 2nd 2007

I look at the increasing number of episodes outside the office this way: S1 & S2 we (we for the rest of this post meaning both us the audience and the documentarians) were getting to know their characters. So we spent a lot of time in the office to accomplish that. Now that we have found out how interesting these characters are, we are following them around more and expanding our knowledge of them. The majority of these excursions are still taking place on work days during work hours and are related to work, the trip to the beet farm and Michael's call center job being exceptions. So as long as they continue to be funny, which in my opinion they are, I'm fine with it.

Nov 2nd 2007

are related to work

Sorta.

Nov 2nd 2007

I can't remember the last time I thought, "It's funny because it's true!" about this show...Now they're handing me Dwight urinating is a soda can and expecting me to dissolve into hysterics when he cuts his damn penis. What? That's crap.

You've never peed in something on a road trip? I know I can't be the only one. One time we were on our way for a court hearing and it was 2 hours away. We were running late so the the driver was going about 90 mph and would not stop for me to use the restroom. I think it's harder for girls to pee in a cup than for a guy to. When the driver realized what I was doing he started yelling at me to stop peeing in his car. So, he's swiveling all over the road at 90mph and I'm screaming for him to just drive and laughing at the same time. I was concerned that his driving was making other people look, and since I had to stoop with both of my feet on the seat, I was freaking out just thinking that they might see me peeing. I totally got more pee on his car than in the cup.

I'm getting better at it though. I take car trips a lot and someone told me they make something for girls to use for camping or something.

Nov 2nd 2007

You've never peed in something on a road trip?

NO.

Nov 2nd 2007

Yeah, me neither.

Nov 2nd 2007

Me neither,but it was funny to me. Michael and Jim's faces were priceless.

Nov 2nd 2007

Another breathtaking deleted scene. The shot of Pam exiting the breakroom to give Andy his wait list letter was even better than last week's deleted scene of in her room at the B&B. I'll be right back. I have to go replay that a million times.

Nov 2nd 2007

I keep trying to replay the episode online but all it will play is the ad followed by nothing.

"NBC: We suck, so you don't have to."

Nov 2nd 2007

What if you skipped to the second chapter and dragged the marker backwards?

Nov 2nd 2007

New deleted scene up. Jealous Pam?

Nov 2nd 2007

No new deleted scene for me.

Nov 2nd 2007

Not even here?

Nov 2nd 2007

Even if you haven't, it was effing Dwight! The way he did it with no warning, how bad he effs it up, and Jim and Michaels reaction, that's what makes it funny to me, not the actual peeing in a cup or whatever. If Jim had done it, it wouldn't have been funny. So it's not the realness of it that does it, its the insaneness of Dwight's character. That's my feeling on the matter.

Nov 2nd 2007

I cut a chunk out of my penis for nothing.

Nov 2nd 2007 edited

Even if you haven't, it was effing Dwight!

That doesn't make it any funnier to me. I think this show is at its worst when Dwight or Michael is at his most cartoonish. Dwight is my favorite character, as long as he's nutty and hostile and sycophantic. But when he crosses the line into "asinine moron" territory, I just find myself wishing that Jim would put his stuff in the candy machine again. For example, I thought Dwight leaving his moustache on was funny. Pissing in a can was gross. Television has enough idiots and wacky antics.

On the subject of the new deleted scene, which, thank you limonada, I wish we'd seen Pam's talking head, but I'm glad we didn't actually see Michael and Dwight with the copier -- would have made the walkie-talkie scene less funny.

Nov 2nd 2007

They should have left in the first deleted scene, but the copier crushing Dwight/Jim is much funnier heard than seen. I would have liked to see Jim/Pam conversation in the show too.

Nov 2nd 2007

I cut a chunk out of my penis for nothing.

So that's why you're limoñada instead of limoñado, huh?

Nov 2nd 2007

Oh, snap yo!

Nov 2nd 2007 edited

More like "oh, snap yo-ur penis fell off."

edited to fix the slew of errors that made me want to up chuck

Nov 2nd 2007

hey all this talk of Jim's brother has me thinking. Can we do a family tree breakdown for a sec.

What I remember: Angela has a sister she hasn't spoken to in 16 years Stanley is remarried and has a daughter Michael has a mom, step-dad, and an foreign exchange student who he thought was his brother Jim has a brother and mom named Larissa that we know about, and a nephew Phyllis is married, uncle with dementia, father who miraculously walks, and sisters(?) Toby has an ex-wife and daughter Kelly has sisters, one died Dwight has a cousin

This is what bothers me and really why I asked this question. My boyfriend and I were just talking and both of us feel like we've talked about more than just Pam's mom. Does she has a sister? It feels like she has a sister

Nov 2nd 2007

She makes a reference to her sister in her iTunes playlist.

Little embarrassed that I know that.

Nov 2nd 2007

What episode was that? This is going to kill me. It is also one of the many reasons I love everyone at Northern Attack

Nov 2nd 2007

It wasn't in one. That's why I'm embarrassed to know it! :) Seems like it's also in a deleted scene somewhere, though....

If you go to the iTunes store, it has all of the Office character playlists and their explanations behind the songs. She mentions her sister in one of them, but I can't remember which.

Nov 2nd 2007

wow... I'm impressed I'm not going to lie. Thanks for all your help!

Nov 2nd 2007

Jim has a brother and mom named Larissa that we know about, and a nephew

On the Office Alliance Podcast the girls said that Larissa Halpert is Jim's sister. I can't remember who told them that. It might have been Paul Lieberstein.

Pissing in a can was gross. Television has enough idiots and wacky antics.

What are you trying to say?

Nov 2nd 2007

What are you trying to say?

I wish Anderson Cooper would tone it down a notch?

Nov 2nd 2007

He has very nice eyes, that Anderson Cooper.

Nov 3rd 2007

He uses them to keep you honest, so be careful.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...