Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.07 Survivor Man
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 244
Nov 4th 2007 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 7
  • First aired on November 8, 2007
  • Written by Steve Carell
  • Directed by Paul Feig
  • Northern Attack Recap

I lied to Michael. I said that I would leave him alone but I will not. I will remain close by to provide unseen moral support, but I will never help him. I will let harm befall him. I will even let him die. But I will never let him lose his dignity.

Nov 4th 2007

First post! Woo Hoo!

Nov 4th 2007

Back at work, Jim (John Krasinski) tries to revolutionize the office birthday party.

This could be really good. I'm assuming it's Pam's birthday and Jim goes overboard trying to make it special for her, which should be sweet. Will it lead to a Jim/Angela showdown? I don't think they've ever had a mano y (wo)mano scene.

After Ryan (B.J. Novak) excludes Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) from a corporate wilderness retreat, Michael heads into the woods for his own survival adventure with nothing but the suit on his back.

I don't know about this though. Could be not so good.

Nov 4th 2007

I don't know about this though. Could be not so good.

Isn't this the episode Carell wrote? It's for that reason alone I have faith in this plotline.

Nov 4th 2007

Will it lead to a Jim/Angela showdown? I don't think they've ever had a mano y (wo)mano scene.

I just watched the deleted scene from the S3 DVDs in which Kevin welcomes Jim back by telling him where his m&m's are stashed. Jim then turns to Angela and says hi and she responds, "You need a haircut."

It feels like that's the sum total of their interactions. Ever.

Nov 4th 2007

Jim then turns to Angela and says hi and she responds, "You need a haircut."

This was a great scene, made even better by Kevin's reaction afterwards. There was the "Dwight got a hooker!" scene in The Convention, but that doesn't count since neither knew who the other was.

Isn't this the episode Carell wrote? It's for that reason alone I have faith in this plotline.

If it's half as good as the other episode he wrote we are in for a treat.

Nov 4th 2007

It's not like Angela is completely unaware of what goes on with Jim. Remember PamPong?

Nov 5th 2007

Jim offered her (vegetarian) drinks at his barbecue.

Nov 5th 2007 edited

Both good examples that I think underscore how little interaction they've ever really had. I bet they've had less interaction between them than any two characters who work in the office.

eta: outside of Creed

Nov 5th 2007 edited

So, who's had the most? My guesses, in order:

1. Jim and Pam
  2. Michael and Dwight
  3. Jim and Dwight
  4. Pam and Michael
  5. Jim and Michael
  6. Michael and Ryan
  7. Dwight and Angela
  8. Pam and Dwight
  9. Ryan and Kelly
  10. Michael and Jan

If someone wanted to be really geeky, they could go through the whole series and mark down the number of minutes that people interact with each other.

Nov 5th 2007

Let me quit my job and get right on that. Tell my wife I'll be home for dinner--in a year.

Nov 5th 2007

It's a reason to miss a bunch of diaper changing and crap. By the time you get back, your kid'll practically be a real person!

Nov 5th 2007

Sold!

It's a reason to miss a bunch of diaper changing and crap.

literally...

Nov 8th 2007

Nearly off the first page... 12.5 hours.

Nov 8th 2007

Wow, I had forgotten it's Thursday! I like it when not knowing what day it is works in my favor.

Nov 8th 2007

I'm sad that I will be missing the episode tonight. Maybe the hotel I am staying at will have it ON Demand tomorrow. I get back Monday morning so I look forward to watching the episode and catching up with the pages and pages of comments you all will surely make.

Nov 8th 2007

Do you think they'll try and profit off of the strike and make a S4 Part 1 DVD and sell that? Wouldn't put it past them.

Nov 8th 2007

That's what the Entourage people did. I'm still bitter about that "technique." And they didn't even have the strike to use as an excuse.

Nov 8th 2007

I'm still bitter about that "technique."

... and that's what she said!

Nov 8th 2007

Family guy does it too. However, I don't really blame them because they make it worth your while
1. Every episode has commentary
2. They PURPOSELY, when writing, storyboarding and animating an episode, make three different versions: one for fox, one for adult swim and one for the DVD, with more and more stuff being added with each version. It's like they go out of there way to give you a reason to buy the DVD's. And I can't fault them for that.

Nov 8th 2007 edited

I'm interested to see what this whole Green Week theme is about for the episode. Is Michael going to trade in the PT Cruiser for a Prius?

Nov 8th 2007

Or maybe he'll start recycling all his old magic props?

Nov 8th 2007

Isn't this episode on in 35 minutes on the East Coast? Where's the chatter? Where's the excitement? Are we all prematurely mourning the death of a season? Why can't I stick to questions like this in the Question: thread but I can do it here?

Nov 8th 2007

Only 5 minutes now! I'm excited but have nothing to chatter about. Any last minute scuttlebutt?

Nov 8th 2007

Loved the cold open.

Nov 8th 2007 edited

"You should come."

Oh, Toby. (shaking my head)

Nov 8th 2007 edited

Cameraman fingers, top left corner. Cool.

Nov 8th 2007

Dwight hitting Michael with his shoe, soooo funny! I have a feeling things aren't going to end well for Jim... :)

Nov 8th 2007

"You should come."

aanndd, that's what she said!

Oh this is a terrific episode... I'm missing the lost season already ;-(

Nov 8th 2007

Great, great ending.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5