Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.07 Survivor Man
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
121 to 150 of 244
Nov 9th 2007

How about you just quit discussing it altogether?

As far as the episode goes, did anyone notice if Michael was wearing sweatpants as well as Dwight's Battlestar Galactica sweatshirt? I thought he was, but I haven't rewatched the episode.
I also liked what I interpreted as a callback to Money: when Michael says" When Jan and I had satellite . . . "

Nov 9th 2007 edited

Oh, and this dimwit's Ivy Leage school usually crushes Cornell.

Nov 9th 2007

So I've heard.

Nov 9th 2007

This hasn't been brought up - how petty and grade schoolish is Ryan for not inviting Michael on the camping trip?

Not only that be chose to invite someone named Mike Jism. Anyone with better hearing than me catch that?

Nov 9th 2007

You go to Hofstra?

Nov 9th 2007

You go to Hofstra?

Or any other school, really.

Nov 9th 2007

What we Cornellians used to chant from the stands as an opponent was running up the score:

ahem

That's all right, that's OK, you're gonna work for us someday!

Nov 9th 2007 edited

No, not Hofstra... Its a good school, but its not considered an Ivy Leage school.

Hoftsra is actually in the Colonial Athletic Association conference. The undergraduate school that I received a diploma from a long time ago is in the Ivy League... and yes, we usually crush Cornell ;-)

Nov 9th 2007

Everybody chants that.

Nov 9th 2007

You do know that this is annoying, and not charming when Andy does this, right?

Nov 9th 2007

and yes, we usually crush Cornell ;-)

Quinnipiac?

Nov 9th 2007

I realize this is America--well, that I'm in America--but, alas, football supremacy does not really prove anything, especially when it's as attenuated as it is in this situation.

Nov 9th 2007

Oh, I think Ryan had a reason, and it coincides nicely with why he didn't invite Michael.

Yes, he had a reason, but it was a bad reason.

did anyone notice if Michael was wearing sweatpants as well as Dwight's Battlestar Galactica sweatshirt?

Pretty sure he was. That was a nice callback to Dwight wearing it in The Return, since Michael made a return of sorts.

Not only that be chose to invite someone named Mike Jism. Anyone with better hearing than me catch that?

No, but didn't you think Michael said Talkman? So I'm inclined to believe you heard it wrong.

I used to be of the belief that Jim would be a good DM Scranton manager, but I'm starting to waver in that belief. I now think the rest of the Scranton crew is "on to him" more I had realized, and although they like him as a person, they also know he's a goof-off and a bit shiftless. I still think he'd be a good manager at another branch or company, but not necessarily at Scranton.

Nov 9th 2007

No, but didn't you think Michael said Talkman? So I'm inclined to believe you heard it wrong.

No, I was in the Hawkman camp. But yes, I believe I heard it wrong too, twice.

Nov 9th 2007

This hasn't been brought up - how petty and grade schoolish is Ryan for not inviting Michael on the camping trip?

I also just noticed that in Money, Ryan does not even pretend to greet Michael when he is "put through" by Jan. He's so rude. I wonder if he treats all the branch managers that way, or just Michael. It's going to come back to him, methinks.

Nov 9th 2007

No, I was in the Hawkman camp.

My mistake. And I assume you know I was just goofing around.

Nov 9th 2007

Everybody chants that.

Yeah, but in Latin? :-)

Nov 9th 2007

I know. Just don't start telling me who your Ivy League school crushes.

Nov 9th 2007

Heck... our high school chanted it to the local community college.

Nov 9th 2007

Sometimes I chant it to my boss. Doesn't go over too well.

Nov 9th 2007

I wonder if he treats all the branch managers that way, or just Michael.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if he treated all of them that way, to some degree. He's turned into quite the cad. Or, at least, isn't hiding his inner cad as much anymore.

Nov 9th 2007

Or, at least, isn't hiding his inner cad as much anymore.

I'd have to agree. So apparently he's not good at sales or managing salesmen.

Nov 9th 2007

He can grow one hell of a beard, though.

Nov 9th 2007 edited

Okay, I should probably apologize. It actually isn't that sensitive a subject for me -- I have, as they say, no horse in the race. I've drawn a reasoned conclusion but am not emotionally invested. It really did seem as though you were attempting to antagonize people (specifically, me, since it was to me that you quoted that movie in which they go to Vegas of which I can't remember the name now). It seems that wasn't the case, and I apologize for calling you stupid. I'm an inveterate button-pusher, and when pushed I push back.

So let the subject be closed. I'm not upset, though I can understand if you are, and again I apologize.

Nov 9th 2007

I feel like I did at the end of "Cocktails."

Nov 9th 2007

I feel like I did at the end of "Cocktails."

The Tom Cruise movie? Or the episode?

Nov 9th 2007

He can grow one hell of a beard, though.

Oh, yeah. I'd hire him as official beard-grower for my company any day. That's assuming I have my own company, and that position is open.

Nov 9th 2007 edited

Nailed it, Brian.

Edited to remove my rambling.

Nov 9th 2007

The Tom Cruise movie? Or the episode?

Gosh, I hope the epsiode, or else Brian is with child and married to Tom Cruise. Brian, are you really Katie Holmes?

Nov 9th 2007

Brian, are you really Katie Holmes?

In that case, didn't you just run a marathon?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
121 to 150 of 244
Top of PageBack to discussions