Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.08 The Deposition
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 15
  12. >
1 to 30 of 439
Nov 13th 2007 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 8
  • First aired on November 15, 2007
  • Written by Lester Lewis
  • Directed by Julian Farino
  • Northern Attack Recap

People underestimate Michael. There are plenty of things that he is well above average at. Like ice skating. He is a very good ice skater.

Nov 13th 2007

Spicy!

Nov 13th 2007

I got another character named "Ching Chong," who loves to play ping pong. I just made that up right now, 'cause that's how I flow.

Nov 13th 2007

Are we quoting "30 Rock" now? Is that what we're doing?

Nov 14th 2007

I thought last week's ep was the last of the new episodes until the strike ends! I am SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Nov 14th 2007

This will be bittersweet, watching the last episode in who knows how long. I like the potential of both storylines, and I'm especially intrigued by Kelly trash-talking Pam. I can see Kelly going on about stupid stuff while Pam rolls her eyes, until Kelly goes too far and Pam unleashes a zinger that shuts her up for good. Any chance the deposition leads to a break-up or separation for Jan & Michael?

Nov 14th 2007

I just hope -- I mean really, really hope -- they don't leave any open storylines dangling like unintended cliffhangers that they planned to resolve next week.

Nov 14th 2007

I bet there will be. But that's okay. We can just resurrect the FanFic thread and we'll resolve the issues ourselves. With sexy results, of course.

Nov 14th 2007

Excellent idea, ST. I've recently fallen back in lust with fanfic, and it seems like good timing. There's lots of fanfic fodder, and I would like to tap into its seemingly endless mine of possibilities. What about you?

Nov 14th 2007 edited

I wouldn't be surprised to see a mini-cliffhanger. Even without the strike there would have been at least one week of repeats because of Thanksgiving. I'm predicting that the Jan/Michael relationship will be unsettled after this episode.

Nov 14th 2007

Should we take an over/under bet on when we will see a new episode? Set the bar at January 2009?

Nov 14th 2007

I'll take the over. September 2009.

Nov 14th 2007 edited

Push.

Isn't that what it's called when you cop out and don't take the over/under?

Nov 14th 2007

I don't want to play that game. Too depressing.

Nov 14th 2007

I don't want to play that game. Too depressing.

Correct. Or snakes.

Nov 14th 2007

If this is the season finale, at least this season has more than twice as much footage as Season One did.

When do the labor agreements for the directors and actors expire? Is it next summer? My worry is if there is no settlement between the producers and WGA by that point that we might not see a settlement until 2010.

Nov 14th 2007

When do the labor agreements for the directors and actors expire? Is it next summer? My worry is if there is no settlement between the producers and WGA by that point that we might not see a settlement until 2010.

June. Part of the reason that this strike happened -- and that other talent has gotten behind the writers so readily -- is that the WGA's settlement will almost certainly be a bellweather for actors and directors. I actually think that the strike will be settled by then, partially because nobody -- neither the talent nor the studios -- can afford to lose two seasons of television. Keep in mind that, while the SAG and DAG aren't on strike, those that work in television are going to find jobs hard to come by before too long if the writers don't come back. Both sides will start to feel pressure.

Nov 14th 2007

Remember when we learned that most of the actors had long-term contracts and weren't going anywhere? I wonder how long they were. If, for instance, John Krasinski signed a four-year deal when he was hired in the summer/fall of 04 (estimate of when they shot season 1), that would be up after this season. So what happens if 07/08 is done and key players aren't signed beyond that? Long-term might mean that's not an issue here, but it could definitely affect other shows. Those contracts keep ticking whether they're making new episodes or not.

Nov 14th 2007

I think I remember reading that Jenna Fischer had a five-year contract, though I don't know when she signed it. I have wondered if the strike might result in Office actors finding work in movies, where they have more scripts lined up and fewer writer-producers.

Nov 15th 2007

Okay who's gonna turn this thread about and make it funny? Seriously guys. Who's gonna do it? Because I don't know if I can keep reading all this doom and gloom and not lose....MY FREAKING MIND!!!

boobs?

Nov 15th 2007 edited

Anyone hoping for an admittedly unlikely James P. Albini sighting tonight? No? Just me? Okay then.

Nov 15th 2007

boobs?

correct, boobs.

Nov 15th 2007

correct, boobs.

In your butt.

Nov 15th 2007

I'm sad. It's all dark and rainy outside and my little show ends tonight until who knows when. You can't see my face but I am pouting....oh and nards!

Nov 15th 2007

Totally nards.

Nov 15th 2007

Will Ryan will play a big role in the deposition?

Nov 15th 2007 edited

edited because I think I crossed the line

Nov 15th 2007

chicken

Nov 15th 2007

I'm eating chicken...A Chick Fil A chicken sandwich...mmmm

Nov 15th 2007

cannibal, then

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3