Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.08 The Deposition
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 15
  12. >
61 to 90 of 439
Nov 15th 2007

I really enjoyed Toby laughing at Michaels journal entry about Ryan. Ahhh Toby. I think you're funny and I will defend you.

Nov 15th 2007 edited

Michael got sworn in and said Yessshhhh. And the love contract was framed as he said he would.

Almost no Oscar, Angela or Phyllis and no Creed or Andy at all. Do I have that right?

Nov 15th 2007

I think so: I don't recall Andy or Creed, though I think both of them would be dynamite Ping Pong players.

Nov 15th 2007

Yeah! Andy should have been there. I'd pick Andy and Dwight before Kevin.

Nov 15th 2007

I was expecting to see Pam whoop Kelly's a$$ in ping-pong, but it was much funnier that they both sucked.

Nov 15th 2007

And funnier that Jim and Daryl wanted no part of it.

Nov 15th 2007

Last week Michael was out of the office and Jim almost turned into him. This week, with Michael out of the office, he spent the day playing ping pong. Lesson learned.

Nov 15th 2007

excellent observation, Brian. Regional Manager wannabe Jim, we hardly knew ye!

Nov 15th 2007

I was expecting to see Pam whoop Kelly's a$$ in ping-pong, but it was much funnier that they both sucked.

I adore Kelly, but the evil part of me wanted Pam to wipe the floor with her. That said, I agree, it was funnier that they both sucked.

Last week Michael was out of the office and Jim almost turned into him. This week, with Michael out of the office, he spent the day playing ping pong. Lesson learned.

Great call Brian.

>

Nov 15th 2007 edited

Wow, Kelly was horrific tonight. I wanted Pam to tell her something. I actually thought Michael was going to feel "not hate" for Toby when he was sympathizing with him but then Michael pushed his tray off the table which was much better.

Nov 15th 2007

I actually thought Michael was going to feel "not hate" for Toby when he was simpathizing with him but then Michael pushed his tray off the table which was much better.

I thought this too. It made me happy that Toby was trying to be nice to a guy who loathes him, but it would be too out of character for Michael to be receptive to the devil.

Nov 15th 2007

This episode made me so happy, I really felt like these last two weeks were season two good. Lots of awkward and lots of funny. I felt so bad for Michael when his diary was going around the room. I totally agree with Jan's assessment, but that was heartbreaking. I loved how much David Wallace wanted to protect Michael. Aw.

I loved the Kelly insults, and the fact that neither one of the girls could actually play. I play ping-pong the same way they do. :-P

Nov 15th 2007

I thought it was great. Man, I felt terrible for Michael. The two loves of his life, Jan and Dunder Mifflin, both turned on him. Jan was cold blooded taking his diary. Not cool. And not surprising that Michael has a diary where he writes like a 12-year-old girl.

The ping pong story wasn't outstanding, but still fun. I was hoping for more of a Pam retaliation, but her "game" with Kelly was pretty funny. And I LOVED the cold open. That's why I love Pam. What a sweetheart.

I thought the episode might end with more ambiguity in Michael & Jan's relationship, but it seems like they're still together. And poor. I also thought both story lines ended rather abruptly. Excellent tag as well.

Nov 15th 2007

Jan was cold blooded taking his diary. Not cool.

Agreed. I hope Michael finds some happiness when everything is said and done. Hopefully away from Jan. I'd say now, but Melora Hardin is awesome, so I'm glad she's around.

Loved Dwight's reaction to finding out Darryl was the "client".

Nov 15th 2007

"You don't expect to get screwed by your girlfriend." Hands down the best line of the episode.

Nov 15th 2007

I love the long explaination of the "thats what she said"

Nov 15th 2007

XOXO

Nov 15th 2007

Anyone catch who the writer was on this one? It was a great job. And another example of an episode that, while great in 21-22 minutes, could've used another 8-10 minutes of screentime only to breathe.

Nov 15th 2007

Lester Lewis.

Nov 15th 2007

I didn't notice the writer's name in the intro, but Office Tally has been saying it's Lester Lewis for a couple weeks now. He must be new this year. Bravo, nice debut. Totally agree with you, would have been a great super-sized episode.

Nov 15th 2007

I love how Dwight still beat Jim even though he was texting on his cell.

Nov 15th 2007

Lester Lewis.

Seriously? Did you just make that up?

Nov 15th 2007

And another example of an episode that, while great in 21-22 minutes, could've used another 8-10 minutes of screentime only to breathe.

Mark this down. I disagree with Brian.

This episode was the perfect length for what it gave us. I would not want either of these plots to have been drawn out any longer. I think a LOT of material was covered with this ep. How could you have more ping pong without stretching the comedic moments out wayyy to thin. And the deposition scenes, they were great, but I really think they were the right length (TWSS). The only way this episode could have been as good in an hour format would be if there was a C plot, where say Darryl and Kelly WBHF like they do on the discovery channel.

Also, poor Toby.

"Tan almost everywhere. Jan almost everywhere. Tee-hee..."

Nov 15th 2007

I put this over on OT, but I'll say it here too. I thought the scene where Pan asks Jim to practice because Kelly is talking smack was really cute. I loved Jim's reaction after hearing everything Kelly has been saying: "Bring me players." They are just too adorable. I want to pinch both of their cheeks!

Nov 15th 2007

They spent a lot of time in the deposition and at the ping pong tables, which was absolutely great. But there wasn't much -- and this is a very minor nitpick of an episode I've watched twice already and loved -- in the way of setups and transitions. For example, last week we got Michael announcing his departure, with Pam asking if he wanted her to ask where he was going and Jim's 'that'd be great' line. I only brought it up because scenes like those not only provide fodder for laughs but they help set the pace. It's a moot point anyway because we'll never see a 40-minute episode again.

Nov 15th 2007

Jim is just too adorable. I want to pinch both of his cheeks!

I deduced what you really meant and fixed that for you.

Nov 15th 2007 edited

we'll never see a 40-minute episode again.

why not?

Also, was this a double meaning title? Was anyone or anything deposed in the B plot?

Edit - I comment wayyyy to often. Sorry if that's annoying folks

Nov 15th 2007

That is exactly what I meant. Was I too obvious? Thanks M'lord.

Nov 15th 2007

why not?

Ben Silverman said so. He decided people don't tune in to shows that start at 8:40 or 9:23. Do I have to apologize too now?

Nov 15th 2007

No, not this time. Thanks for the info, B-Dog.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 15
  12. >