Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.08 The Deposition
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 15
  14. >
181 to 210 of 439
Nov 18th 2007 edited

In future, I suggest you learn the rules before you try to be the police. And don't be a jackass about it, either way.

Is it that you're incapable of filtering out comments that aren't about what you want to talk about, or that you're too lazy to do so? Unclench your asshole, my man.

Dear DftF Schrutespace,

Your comments to me and offensive name calling illustrate that you are an immature young man.

I am a woman, probably old enough to be your mother, if not your grandmother. In the future, I suggest you show others respect, even in blog discussions. It will take you a lot further in life than acting like a spoiled, know-it-all little boy.

Nov 18th 2007

I don't know how much time you have spent on this site yet, but the blog part and the forum part are mostly separate entities. James doesn't force us to always stay on topic and we enjoy that freedom in the forum. If you are more interested in just episode discussion and nothing else the page with the actual blog on it is probably more suited to you, but this forum has been like this for as long as I have been here and that is why a lot of us stay. :-)

Nov 18th 2007

know-it-all little boy.

But DftF is from the future, so he really does know it all.

Nov 18th 2007

Let's go point-by-point...

Okay, point taken Brian, but there was no disrespect intended in asking the blogger to contribute their comments to the appropriate discussion. That's blog-rules 101..

It's not a blog. It's a message board.

Please tell me dedicated fans of The Office, what do you personally think is the right way to carry on a focussed discussion? Would you really advocate letting episode-specific discussions go off on any direction?

Who said there was a right way to discuss a TV show? I firmly advocate letting discussions go where they may, even if it entails posting willy nilly. It's a conversation, not a dissertation.

If that is the case, then what is the purpose of having specific discussions... Just let chaos and randomness rule.

Heaven forbid.

Okay, I feel better now.

Me too.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Your comments to me and offensive name calling illustrate that you are an immature young man.

Irony. Dontcha love it, folks?

Jan is my abso-fruit favorite character on television. She is me.

I think we would all agree.

Nov 18th 2007

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying that PamCasso... I'm learning that the purpose of this "message board" is not to delve into the episodes, but to explore randomness, volley inside jokes, and insult new posters.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

I'd say that (at least) 90% of the posts in this thread once the episode aired were on-topic. Yeah, we stray off topic, but if you don't like that, feel free to visit TelevisionWithoutPity & their forums, where rules are strict and punishment is swift. We're all absolutely delighted to discuss the topic at hand and we do with insight and humor. If you want the topic to return to the given topic, just make a new post (minus the calling out part) and people will happily reply and respond. You don't have to read every comment, since there are normally multiple lines of conversation going on at once.

This thread isn't even the worst offender of completely-random-posts...

Nov 18th 2007

I'm learning that the purpose of this "message board" is not to delve into the episodes, but to explore randomness, volley inside jokes, and insult new posters.

I'd ask that you leave the moderating duties to the people who are actually moderators. I feel that this is a welcoming bunch and we love to have new people join in the discussion. However, as a newcomer, R.U. Mothergoose, you don't have the authority to reprimand others, without so much as introducing yourself first, especially people who have been valued contributors for quite some time in this forum. Respect is the number one priority here and you have to give to receive. Let's consider this discussion ended.

Nov 18th 2007

Trust me when I say, it's not us. It's you.

Nov 18th 2007

Thank you for that you two... However, this is hardly a welcoming bunch.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

However, this is hardly a welcoming bunch.

I think we're pretty welcoming, but your original comment seemed pretty rude and out of the blue. You said you enjoy reading the comments and such, so it should be clear that we kind of run all over the place in every thread. That's just sort of how we roll, and, frankly, I much prefer that to an overly regimented type of forum.

Also, I don't know if Michael has enough (or any) corporate savvy to try and ally himself with David and distance himself from Jan. He still loves Jan, but Dunder-Mifflin, not David, Ryan, or that annoying Kendall, is his first and strongest love. His loyalty will always go back there, and it comes from a pure place in his heart.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Thank you for replying to my comments related to The Deposition Griefbone...

I totally agree that Michael's loyalty to DM comes from a true and pure place in his heart. This is one of the key reasons why we love him, in spite of everything he does.

While he may not demonstrate any specific love for Corporate or the other branches, he does seem to be fiercely loyal to the Scranton branch and all the people a part of his "work family"... except for maybe Toby!

I hope that the meeting on the 26th goes well and all our favorite paper-peddlers can go back to work.

Nov 18th 2007

Wow. I thought we had a new mod there. I do believe these people are a welcoming bunch. I always felt/feel welcome. It's just that when someone leaves a rude comment, they are going to get one back. I enjoy all these threads and, yes we do go off track now and again, but that's how we like it. If you don't like some of the posts, just pass right by them and read the next post that does interest you. There's no need to be rude. You don't know how many times I come in here and just crack up reading what these folks write....and for that I thank you NA-ers!

I hope that the meeting on the 26th goes well and all our favorite paper-peddlers can go back to work.

Amen to that!

Also, Asd, that line in the vid also made me crack up.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Okay, I am EXTREMELY angry right now, so I will leave it to this: You are in my eyes, my dear, a fool, and the only thing I can hope for right now is that someday I will think differently about you. I can't believe after the amount of time I've spent here, I've finally found someone who quite literally ruins the experience, running around dictating policy that doesn't really exist. Oh, and BTW, this isn't a blog, it's a forum, so get your facts straight.

Also: I keep forgetting, DftF you have three brothers? And that is the youngest of them all? I always forget

And: I think I rewatched the "read back the 'that's what she said'" moment twenty times. It is just a classic Michael causing confusion moment.

One More Thing: It's nice to have friends around? Isn't it?

Nov 18th 2007

Yeah, we stray off topic, but if you don't like that, feel free to visit TelevisionWithoutPity & their forums, where rules are strict and punishment is swift.

I can vouch for the fact that the rules at TWoP are unflinchingly rigid. [/Pam} It's a happy place for those who are anal retentive.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

More ping-pongy goodness in the first deleted scene, and more depositiony goodness in the second. I suppose I shouldn't have watched them, out of solidarity, but I can't resist deleted scenes.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

You are in my eyes, my dear, a fool

I think you're on to something Asdfaeou... In the future I'll make wiser use of my weekend time

Nov 18th 2007

I suppose I shouldn't have watched them, out of solidarity, but I can't resist deleted scenes.

I caved and watched them too. Did Pam seem a little "Pamzilla" like to anyone else in that first deleted scene? I love me some FNB, but wow.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

I think you're on to something Asdfeuo... In the future I'll make wiser use of my weekend time

It's Asdfaeou.

griefbone, I too was debating on watching them but saw a post on OT about the writers where they talk about this, so I think it's ok.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Thanks for the correction Lemoñadé.. My earlier post has been edited.

Well, this weekend has been fun gang but I've got to take off my MotherGoose hat now and get my courtroom robes ready for the week ahead... It doesn't look as though many of you will miss my participation in the message board going forward. I think its just a matter of culture-clash between different generations, with different expectations regarding the nature of episode-specific postings. One thing we all do agree on is that The Office is a wonderful show, which will hopefully have its production restarting before the end of the year.

Good luck to all of you and God bless!

Nov 18th 2007

It's Asdfaeou.

Were you not already happily married, you'd be getting so offers from me for this.

Nov 18th 2007

It's Asdfaeou.

Picture someone saying this out loud, angrily. That's funny, right?

Also, way to represent, lemoñadé.

Nov 18th 2007

Well I figured if you're going to put the effort and time into arguing with someone, you should at least get their name right.

Nov 18th 2007

Absolutely they should.

Nov 18th 2007

You know what else helps? Not being a total...

You know what? Im not finishing the statement. I don't think I would have been so annoyed if the comment didn't come off so fake nice. I mean, when anyone of us make the same type of comment to someone who has wrongly started a thread, it doesn't drip of rudeness. That did.

Nov 18th 2007

I don't think I would have been so annoyed if the comment didn't come off so fake nice.

Asdfaeou, thanks for sharing.

Nov 18th 2007

Could you seriously go one day without doing something to make me enjoy you more? Seriously.

Nov 18th 2007

It's not surprising you'd be pissed. I think it says a lot how pissed everyone was on your behalf. It was so blatantly rude, condescending and presumptuous.

I was elbow-deep in some unpleasant work when I read this, my favorite comment of the day...

I'd ask that you leave the moderating duties to the people who are actually moderators.

followed closely by...

It's Asdfaeou.

and...

And don't be a jackass about it, either way.

Nov 18th 2007

Yeah, especially considering I came upon this hours after it all played out. It was a very big moment for me on the boards. I knew we were a tight knit group, but having evidence of it is always a nice thing. I truly truly appreciate being stood up for.

Nov 18th 2007

The thing that got me is that she singled you out (well besides the fact that she was telling us what to do). I mean there were more people talking about fries, including me. I guess your name just enraged her.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...