Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.08 The Deposition
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...
  13. 15
  14. >
211 to 240 of 439
Nov 18th 2007

I have had people assume that It was Arabic for something, but those people always come off as white trash who have no handle on the fact that diversity is good. This person didn't seem white trashy, and I certainly certainly hope that the above mentioned reason is not what caused the anger, for that is just wrong. Racism. Ugh.

What did everyone think the purpose of the ping-pong story line was? Just for fun, or was a point trying to be made.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

When have we been mean to anyone who didn't act like a troll first? That's what really got me angry. She insulted us first. I had to keep restraining myself from just posting "boobs" all day. I'll do it now that she is gone.

Boobs.

Sorry if that's off topic...

Nov 18th 2007

Sorry if that's off topic...

I'd like people to not feel they have to say this. We are who we are and I think we are, as a group, incredibly accepting of this fact. We've never had a problem going off in tangent before, why should we worry now.

Nov 18th 2007

Because the judge is coming to get us! Maybe it's Judge Judy.

Nov 18th 2007

why should we worry now

I have a feeling after the way the forums have gone in the time since this whole thing went down that worrying about it, will not be one of our problems. Openly mocking...yes, maybe...worrying...not so much. haha

Nov 18th 2007

We've never had a problem going off in tangent before, why should we worry now.

The tangents seem pretty natural as well. It's not as if this:

Steve Carrell was great in the episode.

leads to this:

I breed horses, and my favorite mare Boots just had a foal.

Also, nards.

Nov 18th 2007

Because the judge is coming to get us! Maybe it's Judge Judy.

OMG! I forgot to mention that. I love when people use their career's as a source of superiority. Oh! Your a judge? Well, then my opinion on a particular subject is completely changed due to the fact that I now am aware of the fact that your a judge! My apologies for disagreeing with you, I wasn't aware of your vocation.

Nov 18th 2007

Nards, indeed.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Oh! You're a judge?

That particular comment by her was subtle, wasn't it?

Nov 18th 2007

I liked that it came as she was leaving, I can imagine her thinking "Oh when they read this, they'll be kicked themselves for the way they treated me!"

False.

Nov 18th 2007

Maybe those robes were just for role-playing. Somebody is going to have a good night tonight!

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Eew, especially since she made the comment to Dftf that she was old enough to be his mother. I've seen pictures of our Linus before and if his age is about where I guess it is and her age is indeed the case...

Nov 18th 2007

It was a very "Cornell, ever heard of it?" type of statement, I thought.

Off topic: I'm also typing a psych research paper, and one of the articles I'm using quotes a child as saying, "I'm a good grade person who is going to go to Cornell." I need to work that statement into my paper, somehow.

Nov 18th 2007

"Boobs" is technically on-topic. They were one of the subjects of the deposition.

Nov 18th 2007

Ahh, yes, the twins.

Nov 18th 2007

Oh, I loved that part when Michael refused to say the word "breasts." It cracks me up when he thinks it's un-PC to say a word and that's really the best and/or correct way to say it, like "Mexican." Or some similar issue like when he says "boob job" and then corrects himself by saying "boob enhancement."

Nov 18th 2007

Shrunken Chesticles

Nov 18th 2007

It cracks me up when he thinks it's un-PC to say a word and that's really the best and/or correct way to say it, like "Mexican."

My dream is to be the Mexican girl that Michael offends.

Nov 18th 2007

I mean, when anyone of us make the same type of comment to someone who has wrongly started a thread, it doesn't drip of rudeness. That did.

My problem was her condescension. Serious drippage in the condescension department. I hope we defended you honorably Asd. Consequently, I don't know what your name is/means...have you revealed it before? I hope that's not offensive.

Maybe she told us she was a judge so we could discuss the double meaning in her title.

Boobs. (Ok, that's the first and probly last time I'll say it. But for her, its worth it:)

Nov 18th 2007

It's a long and not that interesting story that yes, I have told here before. Basically it's a fusing of four keys on a keyboard in two different style of keyboards. The common, everyday keyboard that you are probably using right now, the middle lines first four letters should be asdf. On a differnt style (called "dvorak") the letter in the same place are aoeu. I like aeou better, thus the name.

Nov 18th 2007

I am the judge, jury, and executioner of this thread! I am older than God himself! I am holding the Ten Commandments of Internet posting about a TV show in my right hand! If you don't return to discussing The Deposition I will sentence you to the stocks until the writers' strike is over!

Nov 18th 2007

Oh! You're a judge?

No, her "robes" were probably overalls. My guess is she's the courtroom cleaner.

Nov 18th 2007

I'm sorry, I have seen that movie so I can't discuss it. I will rent it though. (Yeah yeah, it works better with "The Plantiff" then "The Deposition", I know)

Nov 18th 2007

Sitting in the stocks

Lovely weather we're having tonight isn't it?

Nov 18th 2007

This all reminds me of that Will Ferrel SNL skit where he's eating dinner with his wife and daughter and everyone is yelling and nobody cares what he's saying so he yells out "I drive a Dodge Stratus!", like that will make them listen.

Nov 18th 2007

I am currently working with a guy very similar to our dear friend Mothergoose. He is always the best at everything, he always knows more than everyone else, and he's extremely aggressive in his assertions. Also, to make matters worse, he's probably the most racist person I have ever met. He's the only person I've ever known that makes my want to be violent towards another human being. Here's hoping his employment is short lived, just like our Judge's time here.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Should we be singing "Always look on the bright side of life" while we're in the stocks?

Nov 18th 2007

Funny... This thread is busier now than after the episode aired! And I don't need to point out that most of the comments are off topic...

Nov 18th 2007

This all reminds me of that Will Ferrel SNL skit where he's eating dinner with his wife and daughter and everyone is yelling and nobody cares what he's saying so he yells out "I drive a Dodge Stratus!", like that will make them listen.

OMG OMG! I love that skit!!!! Is that the one with Kate Hudson? I don't think so but the Kate Hudson hosting one is wonderful with two really really good skits: 1. Kate Hudson, Ferell and I think Ana Gasteyer are watching TV (shes home from college) and a series of commercials/shows come on the tv. She is on girls gone wild then COPS. It's hilarious. Then the final skit of the night is an absolutely wonderful Japanese Laverne and Shirley SKIT That is in my all-time top ten skits list. Ill see if I can find video of it.

Nov 18th 2007 edited

Wow, just re-reading the events of the day and I just say two things I didn't notice before:

1. Jan is my abso-fruit favorite character on television. She is me.

I think we would all agree.

PamCasso you deserve a standing ovation for this. When I was re-reading and saw she said this I thought "she got that right." And then saw your comment. Truly, truly excellent.

1. Trust me when I say, it's not us. It's you.

Brian all I can say to this is HA!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11