Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Posters From The Past and NA Posting Stats Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 64
  5. 65
  6. 66
  7. 67
  8. 68
  9. 69
  10. 70
  11. 71
  12. ...
  13. 74
  14. >
2011 to 2040 of 2209
Mar 30th 2011

I was thrilled because she never does things like that.

It's amazing, before you become a parent, the things you take for granted about childhood.

Mar 30th 2011

Anque, the SEC has to have a boss -- assistant superintendent for pupil personnel services, assistant superintendent for instruction, superintendent of schools? -- and none of these people wants their bosses hearing from parents that they are having these kinds of issues. In my limited but unique experience dealing with districts from the outside and from my perspective as the spouse of a regular ed/special ed teacher, the prime motivation of such folks, when push comes to shove, is to keep things running smoothly, even if it means greasing a squeaky wheel. Times are exceedingly tight in New York schools, so it's disturbing but not surprising what you're running into. Obviously you're right not to want to alienate the people charged with your child's care and services. But you likely have more leeway than you think to press the issue and even go over an obstinate bureaucrat's head if you're otherwise frustrated with the process.

Mar 30th 2011

my perspective as the spouse of a regular ed/special ed teacher

You've got two wives?

Mar 30th 2011

You know you make a great point. I've never bothered to see who he reports to. If he reports to the superintendent, that might be a card up my sleeve because the superintendent, in addition to all the budget issues, is having political issues amongst the core small towners around here and I bet she's trying to make allies where-ever she can get them.

And you're right. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease, but especially in hard times. I just...you know some of us are taught so strongly NOT to squeak, you know? And some of us just want everyone to get along. It's so hard to be combative. But if we don't, who else will fight for him? So I'm getting better at recognizing that my job is to be a Mama Bear sometimes.

Mar 30th 2011 edited

You've got two wives?

Both of them named "ed".

Mar 30th 2011

Short for Edna?

Mar 30th 2011

Don't count on it.

Mar 30th 2011

Edwina.

Mar 30th 2011

Your name is really Hi?

Mar 30th 2011

Speaking of missing folks, where's bwc?

Mar 30th 2011

She's mentioned being busy with school and other things. I've talked to her at Scrabble, and she's poked her head in here recently, I think.

Mar 30th 2011

Scrabble...is...not a place, Daoust.

Mar 30th 2011

I'm really, really proud of what you're doing, Anque. I can imagine that you and Mr. A are formidable deliberators, and especially so when it concerns the well-being of your children.

Mar 30th 2011

Aw, thanks, VG. It's so easy to get caught up in the emotion of it. We chatted with our friend who did this for a living tonight. He just reiterated what we know to be true. Stay calm, focus on the J-man and the services we KNOW he needs and we'll get what we want.

Mar 31st 2011

Oh man, you guys! I just visited Scrabble. It's so awesome! I was in the Capital, Letter. It was beautiful. I didn't want to leave.

Now I'm heading to Mexico. Tomorrow. And I haven't packed anything. I have to email my professors, and find all the summer clothes, etc. (Who knows where those are? Where do you keep something you hardly ever use?) And I have to write my check for the rent, because I have a horrible feeling I'll forget to do that and then it will be a week late.

Mar 31st 2011

bwc! Have fun in Mexico!

Apr 1st 2011

Mexico

It sounds so simple, I just got to go!

Apr 1st 2011

I wish she'd picked a vacation spot with a less negative connotation.

Apr 1st 2011

Ah, how bad can it be? It's Mexico! Where did she say she was going again? The Econo-Lodge in Juarez? Sounds...nice enough.

Apr 1st 2011

She's going to a nice border town. Something about a gun show? Or a show of guns? Same thing.

Apr 1st 2011

I wonder if she's ever pooped a balloon.

Apr 1st 2011

You know what I think when I hear that bwc is going to Mexico? Potential drug mule.

Apr 1st 2011

You are a great mom, Anque. I need you to know that, hopefully more than once. You are absolutely doing the right thing.

Apr 1st 2011

Aw, thanks, LT. And, may I say, it's mighty fine to see you round these here parts!

Apr 4th 2011

And, may I say, it's mighty fine to see you round these here parts!

Absofruitly. This place needs more LT.

Jul 8th 2011

I'll be back, and I am back. Sorry guys and gals, I've been internetless since we moved into our new place. Well, actually I've been internetless since I took my Mac into the shop to fix the audio problems. They have not been good at fixing the problem and returning it to me in a timely manner, so that's been the dealio of life.

Things are good. We're pretty much all moved in to the new place. It's awesome. I love my new house. Also, I've been haying with my farmer neighbours, which has been awesome as well.

Hope everyone is good here and that it hasn't slowed down too much in my absence. Talk to you all soon.

Jul 8th 2011

Also, I've been haying with my farmer neighbours, which has been awesome as well.

1. Neighbors
  2. Hick!
Jul 8th 2011

D!! We need photographs of the new house! And the 'haying', whatever that means.

Jul 8th 2011

It's cutting, raking, baling, and storing hay, Anque. It's what hicks do. It does look cool, though, big fields of cut grass.

Actually, I'd love to see pictures Daoust. Get on that.

Jul 8th 2011

I was joking. Mr. A makes us stop on the side of the road and watch the machines whenever we see someone harvesting hay.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 64
  5. 65
  6. 66
  7. 67
  8. 68
  9. 69
  10. 70
  11. 71
  12. ...