Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Posters From The Past and NA Posting Stats Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 67
  5. 68
  6. 69
  7. 70
  8. 71
  9. 72
  10. 73
  11. 74
  12. 75
  13. >
2221 to 2236 of 2236
Oct 15th 2018

Present.

Oct 16th 2018

It is a present to hear from VG again!

Oct 16th 2018

Should we take this opportunity to update everyone on where we are in our lives? For me, I'm slowly getting past the awkward years of having dashing good looks, and I'm evolving a more distinguished look...I'm probably the best looking 50-55 year old man in the southeast corner of my town, not counting those with a full head of hair. It doesn't even make sense to compare me to those guys.

Oct 16th 2018

update everyone

So I got married. And it's different than I thought it'd be. And you know what else is way different than I thought? The whole step-mom thing. Way way way different.

I don't want to go into it here, but yeah. It's more... something. And I'm not even sure what the word is.

Anyway, we're having a Halloween party Saturday night, and hopefully that will be good and less of the something.

It's going to be me, my step-daughter, 4 or 5 class mates, and maybe parents? I don't even know. I kind of hope my ex-wife-in-law comes. I think I better message her and tell her so, rather than just hoping.

Anyway.

We're going to have tacos. And make jack o'lanterns.

Good enough update?

Oct 16th 2018

To be clear, I like being married. That's going great. It's the step-mom thing that seems to be going kinda... less great.

Oct 16th 2018

Everyone I know that is in your situation, has some sort of...situation with that. So you're not alone. It's hard enough to co-parent when you're both parents of said kids...I can't imagine co-parenting someone who is not mine.

Oct 17th 2018

Yeah, that's a pretty common thing in marriage, Toos. Especially daughters with their MIL's. Any advice I would offer might not be great, because each situation is different. I hope the other parts of marriage are working out better. Haha.

Hi VG. I hope you're doing well! I wish you (and the four others) had more of an online presence elsewhere, so I could keep up with your lives. Some of you, you post too much. Well, you did a few years ago, when I stopped following you.

Oct 17th 2018

I hope the other parts of marriage are working out better.

Pretty much every other part is great.

Well, you did a few years ago, when I stopped following you.

Such a good friend.

Oct 17th 2018

Pretty much every other part is great.

Gardening, amirite?

Oct 17th 2018

Heh heh.

Well, & all the other stuff, too.

Oct 22nd 2018

Dang it, I don't want to be the last poster, and I don't want my last post to be that... come on you fiends. Talk about some crap. Stop being all self-conscious. OMG.

Oct 23rd 2018

We could talk about sexy monkeys...err...sexy APES.

Oct 23rd 2018

Where's Anque?

Nov 6th 2018 edited

Should we take this opportunity to update everyone on where we are in our lives?

I'll go!

I somehow managed to land a job in my itty-bitty town here in Texas as the creative media editor (yes, I got to make up my title) for a non-profit association that represents terrazzo contractors nationally. After years of day-jobbing: no insurance, little to no paid vacation, etc.

I used to edit video in my former life as a dance professional as dance for the camera was my specialty at the university level. When the economy tanked in 2008 and I was laid off from my visiting professorship in Florida, I figured I'd never use that training again.

Nine years later, (!), the aforementioned association hired me as a part-time grunt-filing, data entry, etc. One day my colleague and I got to talking, and when she realized I could edit video, she bought me a new Mac, hired me on as a salaried employee, and poof! I'm a professional again!

I basically spend all day looking at gorgeous works of art, making slideshows and videos, and posting our content on social media. I also get to travel for trade shows and conferences; the last one was Americans for the Arts in Denver, and Saturday I'm going to Phoenix...should I look up Lem?

And I still teach yoga and fitness classes 6x a week, so win-win-win!

Nov 7th 2018

I appreciate the life update, whatevs!

Nov 7th 2018

should I look up Lem?

DUH.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 67
  5. 68
  6. 69
  7. 70