Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Northern Attack Northerners: All Things Canadian
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 56
  5. 57
  6. 58
  7. 59
  8. 60
  9. 61
  10. 62
  11. 63
  12. 64
  13. >
1861 to 1890 of 1907
Sep 30th 2016

And also I have to post on page 63 of this thread and it shows up on page 62 and I don't like that.

I faintly remember there being some meltdown with the site and that was one of the aftereffects.

I wonder what James is up to these days. For a while we would email kinda on the reg, though I'm realizing that was like 7 years ago now.

Sep 30th 2016

Quick, DftF, figure out how to post pictures! We need more hot Justin Trudeau.

Sep 30th 2016

The manmeat himself

Sep 30th 2016

I DID IT! AND IT'S HUGE!

Sep 30th 2016

https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/

Sep 30th 2016

Sep 30th 2016

That is like a picture of Justin Trudeau looking at Justin Trudeau.

Sep 30th 2016

I DID IT! AND IT'S HUGE!< I DID IT! AND IT'S HUGE! I DID IT! AND IT'S HUGE! !I DID IT! AND IT'S HUGE!

TWSS.

Sep 30th 2016

God, I wanted to like that comment.

Sep 30th 2016

Also, this:

Sep 30th 2016

Seems like that was his George Michael Pirate phase.

Sep 30th 2016 edited

Yowza. How about this?

boxing

Sep 30th 2016

Is it just me, or are pictures on the internet bigger than they used to be?

Sep 30th 2016

That hair, though. I wonder what it's like to win both a genetic lottery and an intelligent thought lottery. Also, is that like the Canadian version of an eagle on his arm?

Sep 30th 2016

Is it just me, or are pictures on the internet bigger than they used to be?

They are, but you know, I don't mind scrolling in some cases. sploosh

Also, do you think Daoust will set NA on fire when he comes back to find tons of Justin Trudeau pictures in his thread?

This is what happens when you're not here to defend your country, Daoust.

Sep 30th 2016

I wonder what it's like to win both a genetic lottery and an intelligent thought lottery.

Like, I've won so many other lotteries that it feels unseemly to obsess about this, but I do. What's it like to have the looks of a movie star, the brain of a public intellectual, and the political instincts of Bill Clinton? It must be fucking great. I like, I almost have one of those three things, and it's already pretty good.

Also, is that like the Canadian version of an eagle on his arm?

If you were from the PNW you'd recognize that pretty quickly. It's obviously in the artistic traditions of the Pacific Northwest Indian tribes, probably a seahawk of the sort you'd see on a lot of totem poles out here. If he were 15 years younger he might be in a bit of trouble for cultural appropriation, fwiw. Which isn't really all that much, given the stakes.

Sep 30th 2016

It is an eagle or a raven. It looks like it's carrying the world on it's back. I know of a tribal traditional story of the raven carrying the moon or the sun in it's beak. Maybe this one is Thunderbird.

Sep 30th 2016

I should feel worse about objectifying him like this.

Sep 30th 2016

ARE YOU KIDDING? HE CAN DO THAT?

Sep 30th 2016

Does it make me a weird liberal that I find that incredibly hot? Do you understand the kind of muscles that have to be at work underneath that suit to do that? Boy, howdy.

Oct 1st 2016

Why was everyone here last night? You guys kind of made a mess...

Oct 1st 2016

Toosie! We missed you. And our missing of you on the FB caused us to come together on your FB page to talk about missing you...and then missing this place...and then coming here. It's all there on your FB.

Oct 1st 2016

I've been trying to be on fb less.. because of reasons. Well, time to investigate. :-)

Oct 1st 2016

We guessed that was the case. And felt conflicted about hollering into the internet for you.

Oct 1st 2016

It's ok! I thought about posting something like, "I love you, but I'm tired of reading your political opinions. I'm tired of being jealous of your new house, new husband, new baby, and new car. I don't want to hear about beach trips and vacations I'm not on. I just want to watch tv, listen to music, and make jokes."

But, I didn't want to make a big thing about it, so I just snuck out for a while.

I "saved" DftF's song to listen to tonight. I bet it's great. Or, at least fun. Haha

Oct 1st 2016

I don't want to hear about beach trips and vacations I'm not on.

I am so sick of people who appear to be living normal lives that I somehow can't figure out how to participate in.

Oct 1st 2016

I don't want to hear about beach trips and vacations I'm not on.

I am so sick of people who appear to be living normal lives that I somehow can't figure out how to participate in.

RIGHT?! Ugh.

Unless you're mocking me. In which case, I'm flipping you the bird.

Oct 1st 2016 edited

I'm certain that DftF was not mocking you.

And I'm also remorseful that I may have posted political messages or photos of our vacation this year that might make people I care about feel lonely and sad.

Oct 2nd 2016

Man, I don't want you to feel bad. Facebook's where you share that kind of stuff. It just gets overwhelming sometimes. :-)

Oct 2nd 2016 edited

It just gets overwhelming sometimes. :-)

I understand. I've been fighting with anxiety and depression issues since I had to quit school one semester shy of graduating because my body said, "No." It was really more than that since our body is generally responding to unprocessed stress when this kind of thing happens.

Anyway. My point is, it's hard for me, too. There is a wide range of financial and emotional stability in my friends list. That equates to some unbelievable photographs of not just lovely exotic vacations, but internships in San Diego and study abroad in New Zealand and a host of other incredible utterly unattainable things. However there's also a lot of sadness and loneliness (and poverty and hate and racism UGH) in my feed. I find that I have to take breaks, too.

But I just hadn't considered that I might be making other people feel the way I feel sometimes and I'm sorry.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 56
  5. 57
  6. 58
  7. 59
  8. 60
  9. 61
  10. 62
  11. 63
  12. 64