Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
[Closed] When Did Jim Do That?
1 to 5 of 5
Dec 8th 2007

Can anyone help me out, here? I’ve only recently discovered this marvelous show, and am trying to catch up on over three seasons of fairly complex relationship history.

In her TH near the end of ‘The Job’, when Pam is trying to convince the camera crew that she’s fine with Jim leaving, she says that she shot him down and later he did the same to her. Now, I know when she rejected him (in the flashback scene in ‘Gay Witch Hunt’). But when did Jim reject her? Or was it implied by his relationship with Karen?

Dec 8th 2007

He did not go to coffee with her in the episode when he came back to Scranton.

Dec 8th 2007 edited

He did not go to coffee with her in the episode when he came back to Scranton.

Yeah, see, after carefully rewatching all the eppies between The Merger and The Job (God, I'm a nerd!) I figured that might be it (unless it was something else). But as a "shoot down" that's pretty small beer compared to:

"I'm in love with you."

"I can't"

Now, what do you think Jim would have done if, instead of inviting him out for coffee, Pam had said somthing like, "Jim, I'm so sorry...I was so wrong...I love you too. I've always loved you and I want you to come over to my place so I can show you how much"? ;-)

Dec 8th 2007

We've got a long and complicated assessment of the whole Jim/Pam situation at the Jim + Pam = JAM thread. You'd probably find it really interesting. It hasn't been updated in almost a month, so any fresh perspective would be welcomed there. You can also introduce yourself in the Introductions thread so we can all say hello and then give you a nickname.

Glad you found the show!

Dec 8th 2007

I'm working on my Intro post, to minimize lameness. Will post it soon.

Thanks for the link to the thread.

1 to 5 of 5
Top of PageBack to discussions