Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Classic Pam or Fancy New Beesley?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 142 of 142
Dec 3rd 2008

if there's a flaw in the post-Job writing of Pam it's that we don't see her interacting with the other characters enough

It didn't help matters that she was out of the office for the first several episodes--that felt so disconnected. Hopefully we'll see more interaction now....other than microwave stuff.

Dec 3rd 2008 edited

Now, she's kind of meh...she seems pretty arrogant. I'm glad she's a more confident person now, but it seems that a lot of her sweetness faded away.

She's less of a doormat, now (with Angela, with Ryan) but "doormat" and "sweet" aren't the same thing. Also, many of the times she was being a doormat she was also looking resentful - not especially sweet.

I disagree that she’s arrogant and I agree that she’s less of a doormat now and was always resentful. She was always nice even when everyone in the office treated her with disrespect or sexually harassed her. Even Kelly “dissed” her. Kelly. That’s why her only friend in the office was Jim, who always saw her as his equal (let's make that dating lesson #1). Now that she has some self confidence, I’m happy she’s standing up for herself. In the earlier seasons, I always rooted for her to stand up to Michael or Angela or even Phyllis, but she never had the courage. Then Michael wished some for her.

(if there's a flaw in the post-Job writing of Pam it's that we don't see her interacting with the other characters enough). But that's certainly sweet.

I also agree with this. Her interactions have mostly been of her standing up to her obnoxious co-workers and being happy to see Jim. But, it’s progress.

I can still think of other times when we did see her being her old self - best example is when she had Jim help out Dwight in Money.

Another example is when Pam was the only one that offered to help Robert Dunder get home when Michael locked him out of the conference room. Very sweet.

Dec 3rd 2008

The thing about Pam is that she used to have this resevoir of anger that bubbled below the surface. Some of that was related to Roy, I'm sure, but it was also her lame job. I guess having the right partner can do a lot, but Pam has never been 100% sweetness and light.

Dec 4th 2008

I wonder, will there be further development of the Pam character? Is she done growing, maturing, changing? Does she need to grow more?

Dec 4th 2008

The only further development of Pam I can envision is her getting a different job because she is sick of being the receptionist. Unfortunately that would be difficult to do in the context of the show. Also, isn't it about time for Jim to be developed a little more?

Dec 4th 2008

I think Jim is very well um...developed.

Dec 4th 2008

Niiiice.

Dec 4th 2008

Also, isn't it about time for Jim to be developed a little more?

I think that's what the writers were trying to do last season before the strike...but how can they develop Jim without sending him somewhere else?

Dec 4th 2008

This season seems to be about Michael. But, again, what can they do with him that won't radically change the show?

Dec 4th 2008

Maybe they need to radically change the show.

Dec 4th 2008

They should make it more like Full House.

Dec 4th 2008

Maybe they need to radically change the show.

Unfortunately this may be true.

Dec 4th 2008

They should make it more like Grey's Anatomy. They can go around saying, 'seriously!' all the time. And they can go to the break room to have inappropriate sex with each other. And there can be a lot of behind the scenes drama.

Dec 4th 2008 edited

They should make it more like Grey's Anatomy. They can go around saying, 'seriously!' all the time. And they can go to the break room to have inappropriate sex with each other. And there can be a lot of behind the scenes drama.

Yes! And Meredith can have sex with the ghost of Ed Truck.

Dec 4th 2008

Which Meredith? The one from The Office or the one from Dr. McBeal?

Or maybe Meredith could have sex with Meredith? That would be interesting.

Dec 4th 2008

Yes! And Meredith can have sex with the ghost of Ed Truck.

I heard about this...Katherine Heigl banged a dude that's been dead for like 3 years or something, right? Hopefully they'll cancel Grey's soon...

Dec 4th 2008

Is anyone watching the new season of Top Chef? I thought someone - LT? - liked that show too.

Dec 4th 2008

they can go to the break room to have inappropriate sex with each other.

Finally! I've been waiting for this.

Dec 4th 2008

Haven't we all? :-)

Dec 4th 2008

inappropriate sex

As opposed to the appropriate type of sex? Does that mean not making whoopie in the ass?

Dec 4th 2008

Oh my.

Dec 7th 2008

Is anyone watching the new season of Top Chef? I thought someone - LT? - liked that show too.

I saw a little bit of the marathon they had on last weekend or something. The new season is the one with the Italian guy, right? I doubt I'll be able to watch it on a regular basis, but I like catching episodes when I can.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 142 of 142
Top of PageBack to discussions