Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Is it too early to joke about the Lincoln assassination?: Political Discussion
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 387
  5. 388
  6. 389
  7. 390
  8. 391
  9. 392
  10. 393
  11. 394
  12. >
11701 to 11730 of 11806
Mar 1st 2016

I won't vote if it's him vs. her. I'll vote down the line and probably write DC's name in for president. I like his stance on Mexican rapists.

Mar 1st 2016

I won't vote if it's him vs. her.

Good plan... probably will be the lowest turnout ever.

I like his stance on Mexican rapists.

But, what's his feelings towards Canadians?

Mar 1st 2016

I'm sorry, that should be, "What are..." but who cares.

Mar 2nd 2016

He is finally going to build that wall to keep Canadians out. When Canadians come over, they aren't sending their best...they are sending their Martin Shorts, their John Candys, their Hayden Christensons, their Howie Mandels.

Mar 3rd 2016

I am scared to have someone like that talking to world leaders and with his finger on the nuclear trigger.

This. I don't think he's so sharp with businesses and money. I do think he's very good at marketing and brand management. Everything else he does is just a form of bluffing at a very risky game of poker where his dad put up the original millions of dollars that started the whole thing. He's a bully and we really don't need that kind of person with their fingers on the nuclear trigger.

And I don't think he was saying all Mexicans were rapists. I think he was trying to insinuate that the vast majority of illegal immigrants were criminals and rapists, which is not just insulting but incredibly untrue. The vast majority of the things that he says are untrue.

Yes, I'm not necessarily into the Clinton legacy vote. But at least she's got actual experience in the government.

Mar 3rd 2016

I can't stand Hilary. Like, at all. But, if nothing else, I feel like she'd be the least disruptive option. Is that good? Our system's not in a great shape, and she's awful. But is she better than intentionally trying to cause trouble? I don't know. It's all a mess, and these are all terrible options.

Mar 3rd 2016 edited

We're screwed. On the bright side, North Korea may not wait to give Trump his chance at nuclear brinksmanship.

Mar 3rd 2016 edited

But, if nothing else, I feel like she'd be the least disruptive option. Is that good? Our system's not in a great shape

First, I kind of hate the word disruptive because it gets used in tech all the time as a buzzword and it's stupid they way they use it, but I think you are right. She's kind of the least disruptive option right now. How crazy is it that the current political environment actually makes it look like a liberal female is the most conservative option you have for POTUS?

That aside, this part:

Our system's not in a great shape

is also really, really true. You know what I really wish could happen? I wish that whomever gets the nomination for the Democratic side could do something both reasonable and crazy - and nominate a moderate Republican for Vice President. Something like pre-Palin pre-run for POTUS John McCain. I know that's probably not allowed, but I'm just so utterly tired of the same old bullshit. As Dr. Horrible so aptly stated, "The status is NOT quo."

Mar 3rd 2016

We're screwed. On the bright side, North Korea may not wait to give Trump his chance at nuclear brinksmanship.

(laugh crying)

Mar 3rd 2016

I watched some of the debate tonight, and I still don't have any idea of who to vote for. I still know who I won't vote for, though. What a mess.

Mar 4th 2016

The one thing that Trump and Hillary have in common, is that both presidencies will be dead on arrival.

Mar 4th 2016

Bernie, too. I think even if he was elected, that Congress wouldn't allow... trying to think of a percentage... yeah, just let's say "any" of his plans to go through.

Mar 4th 2016

The one thing that Trump and Hillary have in common, is that both presidencies will be dead on arrival.

I think this is good news. I'm kind of an apathetic optimist. Things aren't so bad. There are problems and challenges, but many are overblown. Every aspect of our economy and society could stand improvement, and there's plenty to haggle over the particulars. But extremes on both/all sides dominate what passes for debate. So as far as I'm concerned, bring on the gridlock.

Mar 4th 2016

All the mental institutions in New York are filling up with time travelers from the future sent back to 2016 to kill Donald Trump. He must have really screwed the pooch.

Mar 4th 2016

I'll vote for the person who promises to do something about the national embarrassment that is Ghostbusters III.

Mar 8th 2016

I'm really starting to get concerned that Trump's penis may not be presidential enough.

Mar 8th 2016

They should have a dick measuring contest at the next debate. That would be classy.

Mar 8th 2016 edited

You know what that would be? An easy way to defeat Hillary.

Mar 8th 2016

Are you sure?

Mar 8th 2016

She would not make a good Boner-In-Chief.

Mar 8th 2016

In all the debates, why does Bernie keep calling her "secretary Clinton"? That's pretty disrespectful. A woman can hold lots of different jobs, like teacher or nurse, in addition to secretary.

Aug 14th 2016 edited

For use in your next online political discussion...

Aug 14th 2016

like Hahaha

Sep 30th 2016

Apparently the last time I checked this thread was in 2013. Sigh.

Sep 30th 2016

I don't even know how to handle this thread this election year.

Sep 30th 2016

This is the place where bad feelings come to fight with other bad feelings. This is the place where anxieties swell to giant orange shitball proportions. This is the place where we chant, "electoral college... electoral college... electoral college" until we feel better. Or do we do that burning a Mexican candle in front of a little wall in the bathroom? Splash some tears on the mirror and wait for Bloody Mary to scratch our eyes out? This is the thread where we reconsider everything we ever said on the Canadian thread and try to envision a place where people eat beavers and gravy and wear things called toques on their head, which are really just knit hats, and they're not even pronounced "tokes," they're "two-ks" or something weird, and tell ourselves we mustn't think this way about our new country. This is the thread where if we really want to, we could look back on a time when we had election anxiety over reasonable people who disagreed on things. This is the thread where we realize people we hated with all our hearts four and eight years ago are now near and dear to us as reasonable people. This is the place where we can't, anymore, with the irony.

Sep 30th 2016

This is the thread, like every other politics thread on every other message board I've ever been a part of, that I used to mostly avoid. Because, if I didn't, I would find ugly tribal feelings taking me over. Remember when I used to resist that? I kind of do.

I joined NA, as I recall, right before the blowout of the 2006 congressional election. Now . . . now I can't imagine taking much pleasure in that sort of thing anymore. I remember thinking that things were so ugly then. They seem like halcyon days of youth by comparison.

Sep 30th 2016

They seem like halcyon days of youth by comparison.

This.

This year is really fascinating and mortifying and terrifying all at the same time. In a "Watching a car wreck in front of you in that terrible bullet-time that adrenaline gives you while you still don't quite have time to realize that your drunk uncle is driving that car and you really kind of love him and depend on him and goddammit you should have tried harder to take the keys away from him" kind-of-way.

Sep 30th 2016

Yeah.

If only this weren't our actual lives at stake here, it would be really fascinating. I mean, it obviously is fascinating, because I'm glued to every second of it. But it's also terrible.

Sep 30th 2016

If only this weren't our actual lives at stake here, it would be really fascinating. I mean, it obviously is fascinating, because I'm glued to every second of it. But it's also terrible.

This. So much this.

I find myself doing and saying and arguing so much more than the me of ten years ago would have been comfortable with. There is so much bullshit false information being perpetuated that people actually believe that I just want to rip the keys out of the hands of half of my Facebook feed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 387
  5. 388
  6. 389
  7. 390
  8. 391
  9. 392
  10. 393
  11. 394
  12. >