Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Top That!: A Youtube Video Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 78
  12. >
1 to 30 of 2316
Jan 30th 2008 edited

Amended April 4, 2008

So, let's give up the idea of this being a game. If you've got an unrelated video you want to share with the NA community, post it here.

That is all.

Here is the inspiration for this thread and many other things in my life.

Top That!

Jan 30th 2008

Wow. That was just...wow.

Jan 30th 2008

How's about this?

Ahh, Nick...Nick. Did you ever think, way back then, that National Treasure II was in your future?

Jan 30th 2008 edited

Great thread, Anque!

Challenge category: Cheezy 80's

Although I don't think anyone can beat Top That since that is the epitomy of 80's cheese, here goes my entry.

more of 80's cheese

Jan 30th 2008 edited

I'll start us off with a category that was making me laugh myself silly in another thread. (Thanks CZJ!)

Hee hee. Get ready to be Rick Rolled!!

I'm not joking when I say I've watched this video about 15 times. I'm dancing like that whenever I go out from now on.

challenge: awesome 80's music videos

Jan 30th 2008 edited

In this vein, I found out my husband has never seen Grease 2. Can you imagine how appalled I was that he had never seen

this?

From the ladder bit on it's just...classic.

Up next...more 80's cheese

I'm not joking when I say I've watched this video about 15 times. I'm dancing like that whenever I go out from now on.

CZJ when I clicked your link in the earlier thread, my husband - who was downstairs working on a wood project of some kind - actually yelled upstairs, "Hey! Are you watching the video for that? Because you are not allowed to listen to that song without watching the video!" Once he heard me laughing, he knew. I think we may make a music video homage to the 80s for one of his class projects. We'll have to find a lithe black dude who can do somersaults off of the wall though. Thanks!

Jan 30th 2008

I think it would be funny if we made a chain of videos. Like in the Top That clip, there's a bicycle and rap music and a necklace, so the next video would have to feature a bicycle or rap music or necklace (and the person with the following video gets to choose).

But it isn't my game and I will play by whatever rules are set by the cool kids because I know I'm lucky to get to play at all.

Jan 30th 2008

KarenM I think that's a great idea. All you'd have to do is change the challenge to: Bicycles and Rap Music or whatever. I actually thought about starting off with something abstract like itching or odd like apples, but I figured we could get there when people wanted to go there. Feel free.

(As if I could enforce rules in a thread. Seriously.)

Jan 30th 2008

The whole thing started because I was watching this and cracking up because it's such a random reference to stick in a TV show. But I'm so, so glad they did.

Anyway, another white guy from the 80's.

Jan 30th 2008

As a precurser to the white guy from the 80s....

white guy from 79'

(Suggested by the hubby.)

Jan 30th 2008

Top of the Pops from '84.

If we were still doing 80s nostalgia, I might suggest this or this.

I have Val's t-shirt from the first shot of this. Shot at my alma mommy, by the way.

Jan 30th 2008

(clutches heart) Oh, the crush I had on Christian Slater. And Real Genius is real genius. I need to watch that movie again.

(off to dig up the VHS copy in the basement)

Jan 31st 2008

I like the sound of this thread. Unfortunately, I shall have to wait until I'm home to view the vids.

Jan 31st 2008

Me too, Stonybloke. Bummer.

Jan 31st 2008

Best. video. ever.

Jan 31st 2008

You are all welcome.

Jan 31st 2008

naw. here. this one. it should win.

Jan 31st 2008

I have to stay out of this thread until I get home because I can't watch any of your guy's childhood memories here at work.

Jan 31st 2008 edited

A friend of mine showed me this a while back:

Indian Thriller

Jan 31st 2008

Gauntlet.

I'll see your gauntlet, and raise you this.

Jan 31st 2008

The reason You Tube was created.

Jinx, I have never heard of that guy or heard that song in my life!

LATP!, that video was totally reserved in my arsenal, well played.

Jan 31st 2008

I love so much about the way this thread chooses to be.

Jan 31st 2008

The quality is bad, but this has to be one of the highlights of the Hasselhoffer's life. Kind of a sad commentary on the state of western culture in the late 80s, though.

Jan 31st 2008

Indian Thriller

Okay, those subtitles that guy created were hilarious! Good work.

Jan 31st 2008

I'll play

kinda outside the rules but

How ya like me now!

Jan 31st 2008

Ew, Ryan. I don't like him. But I've expounded on that enough in previous posts, on other threads.

Jan 31st 2008

Okay, those subtitles that guy created were hilarious! Good work.

If you enjoyed that, this should give you a grin too.

Jan 31st 2008

Thanks for that MB.

The quality is bad, but this has to be one of the highlights of the Hasselhoffer's life. Kind of a sad commentary on the state of western culture in the late 80s, though.

All I know is I gotta get me a light-up leather jacket like that.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 78
  12. >