Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Whats the point....to...anything?
1 to 9 of 9
Feb 25th 2008

I just have this opinion that nothing ever really amounts to anything.....

Feb 25th 2008

Perhaps you're right. It's one of those convictions that's pretty hard to debate.

So, the next point is...if nothing ever really amounts to anything then what are you going to do next? Marcus Aurelius used to write that even if the Epicureans were right, and we lived in a totally random, pointless universe where human life ended in total oblivion, he'd still live in exactly the same way because it was the best way to live. "Best" meaning, "most conducive to human happiness."

That's good enough for me.

Oct 17th 2011

This was a closed thread, and I opened it again, just in case anyone happened to have an answer for justme that s/he might find useful. That is, if s/he hasn't killed him/herself by now or become a famous emo poet.

Oct 17th 2011 edited

I hope he/she joined the Marines and found, if not meaning in life, then joy in shooting at people and things.

Oct 17th 2011

The point is a sharp or tapered end, but that's not important...

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right. --Henry Ford
I suspect this applies to whether you think things are important or not.

Oct 17th 2011

Life is like a box of chocolates...wait, I forgot the rest of that statement (something about running, I think)

Oct 17th 2011

I love that mtt took the time to respond.

Oct 17th 2011

He's the kind of guy who would.

Oct 18th 2011

Those crazy Epicureans. Who would ever choose to live life like that? Way to take 'em to task, Marcus Aurelius.

1 to 9 of 9
Top of PageBack to discussions