Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Lend James a hand
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
61 to 90 of 169
Mar 6th 2008

I'm sure you'll figure it out. It's something I've mentioned several times here before. It's all a matter of timing.

Mar 7th 2008

Thanks for the help, Daoust. Realtime chat is an intriguing idea, though I suspect it would be a later addition. Like you suggested, I would need to consider whether or not instant communication is a need I'm really looking to address.

I'll definitely look into improving how spoilers are handled, possibly by allowing users to designate a block of text as spoiler material and then having the UI automatically hide the text.

Mar 7th 2008

James, I would like to be able to jump back to any page in a thread. If I want to find something on page 25 for instance, I would like to be able to type "25" in a box and be directed there. It would also be nice to be able to jump to a date because I reference some of the posts by the date they were written. I've come across this quite a few times when I'm looking for something from months or even a year ago. I have to keep clicking on the first page in the lineup and that only takes me back a few pages at a time. In some threads you'll have to do that about 15 times or more to get where you want to be.

Also when we search for a particular word in a comment we can see the date and in which thread that the comment was made, but clicking on the actual comment won't take me to the actual comment. It will only bring me to the thread and I have the task of finding by it manually using the method I described above.

I don't know if there's already a better way to do these things, but I haven't found any other way and it's a bit time consuming.

Mar 7th 2008

If you click on the heading of the comment you search for, it takes you to the thread, but if you click on the comment excerpt itself you do go to the comment. I stumbled on that a few months ago quite by accident.

Mar 7th 2008

Thanks KarenM. I'll try that out now. If that works then I won't really need to go to the page, but the date would still be nice.

Mar 7th 2008

Hey that's great. It works perfectly! I guess I never brought the mouse over the comment before because when I did, it highlighted the excerpt and I know that I never saw that before. I'm happy now.

Mar 12th 2008

What about (and forgive me if someones already mentioned this) when you click on someone's name and can view their profile, if there was a way to send them a private message. Like I know some people here like to swap fudge (that sounds dirty) and around contest times and Kwanzaa when gifts are exchanged people have to exchange addresses. I know the issue is resolved now by people writing their email addresses in their profiles, but with the private message option one member could PM another with the details, thus having to avoid that extra step of linking to an email service, sending the email, waiting for the return, etc. Other than that, the PM option could be used when one member wants to tell another member that they really miss them, and miss having fun with them, but don't really want to say that in front of everyone on the circle. Unfortunately, those are the only really good reasons I can think of right now for having a PM option. But I'm sure there are more.

Mar 12th 2008

Yes! We could gang up on people like we do now but in a more coordinated fashion. I like this.

Mar 12th 2008

Sometimes I want to make a crass comment about Anque, but don't want to say it to her face. So the PM option would let me do it behind her back.

Mar 12th 2008

Don't we all want to make crass comments about Anque behind her back? This new feature could make that possible.

Mar 12th 2008

Don't we all want to make crass comments about Anque behind her back?

Well, I'm much more interested in Anque's backside than in the front of her.

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to KarenM> Did you see that toque that Daoust is sporting today? Isn't it hideous? I think it makes his butt look big.

<PM to BTF> Did you hear what KarenM said about your mama? Oh you should have heard it. I think she redacted it already so you won't be able to find it. Maybe you should ask her.

<PM to Jinx> griefbone told me your wife has a very lovely voice and an even better imagination. Do they work together?

<PM to griefbone> Jinx said your NAme should be bonehead. What episode that's from?

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to Anque>I hope so...that 1-900 operation she has going is a prominent source of income for the Jinx family. My wife calls griefbone Client Number 6.

Mar 12th 2008

<Message to All>: I'd like to apologize for letting you all down, and letting down this fine forum. I am now planning to spend more time with my family, so I must resign. I will greatly miss some of you.

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to Daoust>: OMG! Ur 2 cul. Metz r uwsom. Oh G2G. L8R.

<PM to All>: For a good time, PM BTF.

<PM from DwightfromtheFuture to any member at any time>: I disagree with you, and here's why...blah blah blah...Ty Cobb.

Mar 12th 2008

<PM from DwightfromtheFuture to any member at any time>: I disagree with you, and here's why...blah blah blah...Ty Cobb.

That's hilarious.

Mar 12th 2008

It's certainly funnier than implying that I'm a whorebag.

<PM to Daoust>: At least I know what a good time is, you hoser.

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to Daoust>: Ur a jerk. yr moms prolly wears canadihoozy army boots! ha! :-( <------yr moms

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to ALL>: lolz @ dftf so funy! omg! ttyl --> lates

Mar 12th 2008

Maybe I'm the NA Mattress because I am somehow receiving all the private messages. Either that or I'm the NA God.

But when you come right down to it, is there really a difference?

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to ALL> I love so much about the things that you choose to be.

Mar 12th 2008

<Pm to ALL> You're wrong about . . . something! Pbbbbbbbst!

Mar 12th 2008

<PM to ALL>: Did DftF say something about Ty Cobb again?

Mar 12th 2008

Somehow I don't think this is what James had in mind when he started this thread.

But, really, what could he expect?

;-D

Mar 13th 2008

I think James knows the kind of people who gather here pretty well. I doubt he'd be very surprised. You guys are all really immature.

Nards.

Mar 13th 2008 edited

All of our posts are thread related. We've put forth a pretty strong case for PM's I think.

Also, in your butt.

Mar 13th 2008

Ahem:

<singing> me me me ME me me meeeeee

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS!

Mar 18th 2008

Is the title of this thread intentionally dirty? Because I'm assuming so.

Mar 18th 2008

Is the title of this thread intentionally dirty?

Nope. It's not. You're just a pervert. :-)

Mar 18th 2008 edited

Nope. It's not. You're just a pervert. :-)

Am I? Or am I more than that?

oooooh. deep.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
61 to 90 of 169
Top of PageBack to discussions