Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Lend James a hand
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 169 of 169
May 22nd 2008

It would be nice to be able to straight to a certain page number in a thread. For example, I was away for several days and have been working my way through the Goodbye Toby thread and am now at page 27. But I can't go straight to page 27, I have to click the page numbers 5 at a time until getting there. Minor inconvenience but one nonetheless.

May 22nd 2008

AMJ, if you go into your account, you can change your discussion list options to open to the last read comment whenever you click on a thread title. It's under My Account, then Forum Preferences, Discussion list options. That helps a lot.

May 22nd 2008

I do have that option marked, but I'm reading all the newer comments and at different times going back to read older comments. It's not that big a deal, a nice-to-have as opposed to a need-to-have.

May 22nd 2008

I know what you mean, AMJ. Perhaps the "..." should be a link to some popup that just lets you enter the page number.

Thought it should be noted, you can just change the page number in the URL.

http://forums.northernattack.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=440&page=[number here]

May 22nd 2008

Good idea, ctf!

May 22nd 2008

I was about to suggest changing the link but ctf already covered that.

Oct 15th 2008

Speaking of which, hey James How's that project coming? Anything we can peek at yet?

Oct 16th 2008

It's coming along, Anque, albeit at a slower pace than I was hoping. I was expecting to have a preview of the site available by now, but it's still in the planning stages. Some of this has to do with the ambitious (overly, perhaps) nature of what I'm attempting, a bit of it can be attributed to there only being so many hours in the day, and the rest of it is just a matter of me waiting for the proper moment of inspiration to strike at which point I plan to go into hiding for weeks and emerge with something patently awesome (i.e., laziness).

I imagine the project has taken on a mythic quality among you folks, which is completely understandable given my consistent lack of progress on this front. My plan is to lower expectations so far that I cannot possibly fail.

Seriously, though, this will happen eventually (hopefully before the Internet is obsolete).

Oct 16th 2008

I am not judging. Check the summer haitus contest for evidence of my complete laziness/lack of motivation/lack of appropriate number of hours in the day.

It's all cool. I was just wondering because I'm excited to see how it turns out. No rush!

Oct 16th 2008

My plan is to lower expectations so far that I cannot possibly fail.

I highly recommend this approach. Always works for me. And I agree with my sistah Anque. I'm excited to see how it turns out, too. But no pressure. (Do it now! 5, 4, 3, 2 and so on.)

Oct 16th 2008

I still miss your recaps, James. Needed you to know. Again.

Enjoy the show! You do still watch The Office, yes?

Oct 16th 2008

Enjoy the show! You do still watch The Office, yes?

Absolutely, yes. My interest in the show hasn't waned one bit.

If it's any consolation, garbagethrower, I miss writing the recaps. In fact, I would say that I miss writing in general. If this newfangled site of mine ever gets off the ground, you can bet there'll be some form of writing from yours truly that comes along with it.

Oct 17th 2008

Good to hear, James.

Oct 17th 2008

I miss writing the recaps. In fact, I would say that I miss writing in general.

You could post in the episode threads. I don't think anyone would mind.

Nov 16th 2008

I'm expderiencing an optical illusion with this thread. Everytime I open this page and go to scroll down, it appears to be white. About every fifth time, I find myself scrolling back up to make sure it's not.

It never is.

Nov 16th 2008

How about now?

Nov 16th 2008

Dammit!

Nov 25th 2008 edited

testing...disappearing posts...

I think it's happening to me too.

Nov 26th 2008

I happens to me too, occasionally. We have to go easy on Northern Attack. In forum years, I think she might be 83 or something.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
151 to 169 of 169
Top of PageBack to discussions