Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You Know You're An Office-ionado If/When...
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 57
Mar 29th 2008

I saw this thread on another site and, reading through some of the posts, I recognized myself in almost all of the things they said. Here were a couple of them.

You hear "The Office" theme song and it instantly makes you feel good. No other TV theme song does that to me.

When your 8 year old daughter, attempting to insert her pierced earring into her ear says, "I can't get it in the hole", and you reply, "That's what she said"..... I am the worst mom ever..

You start a lot of sentences with: "Fact:" or "Question:".

So we all know we're addicts here. We could all add:

• When you belong to a discussion forum devoted to The Office and visit it every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and become the closest thing to friends that you can with the other forum posters without actually meeting them in real life. (That's a terrible sentence, but you get the drift).

So that's my starter. Now it's your turn. Will this thread catch on? Only time will tell, my friends.

Mar 29th 2008 edited

Mar 29th 2008

I was walking by a woman's cubicle at work a while back and noticed she had a Dwight bobblehead. I told her how much I liked it and thought about asking her if she was an addict such as myself, but thought "Don't be creepy."

Mar 29th 2008

The involvement of TO in my life has expanded to this site (not a bad thing)...A few times recently I've found myself wanting to relate something from one of the threads to a conversation in real life, but then I realize no one knows what I'm talking about (unless I have friends who just lurk on here without me knowing, but I highly doubt that).

Mar 29th 2008

You know you're an office-ionado if...you go to Office-related web sites so often at work your boss yells at you.

Mar 29th 2008

You know you're an office-ionado if...you go to Office-related web sites so often at work your boss yells at you.

I'm a bit concerned that this will happen to me too.

Mar 29th 2008

Yeah, you're hardcore, AMJ.

You know you're an Office-ionado when:

• You make Office gag gifts for your friends (see my friend's can of goose grease)
  • You talk about the characters and dissect their actions like they're real people.
  • You wish your friend doesn't have a rehearsal dinner so you don't have to miss the return of the show.
  • You not only quote what was shown on NBC but also the deleted scenes.
  • You looked up the prop guy's myspace page to get the recipe for a mug in Jello...and used it.
Mar 30th 2008

You clean out your front-hall closet and find The Office-themed scarf an online Office friend knitted for you when you came in second in an online Office-themed contest and the discovery prompts you to hum the theme song out loud for 10 minutes to your uninterested wife.

Mar 30th 2008
  • You actually take the time to look up old sightings of Jo and Ho to post a minor, mostly uninteresting point on a thread of an Office-based forum.

• You feel that getting from the end of the writers strike to April 10 is longer than the strike itself.

• You’re excited about an upcoming movie about football set in the 20’s with unfortunate casting in which the 30-something female lead is a little too long in the tooth for the college age hunky love interest when ordinarily you probably wouldn’t even rent it.

Mar 30th 2008

Hey, St,D, what's with all the self-censorship?

Mar 30th 2008

You keep wanting to pass on a factoid about the weather in Australia, or repeat a joke about Roger Clemens, or quote a remark about a movie to your family or friends, but realize that if you tell said family and friends the source of your conversation-starter they may look at you funny.

Mar 30th 2008

When doing trivia on the "Addicted to The Office" application on facebook, and you honestly don't know the answer to a question because you didn't see the deleted scene from which it was taken, you answer correctly anyway because you know the characters that well.

Mar 30th 2008 edited

When doing trivia on the "Addicted to The Office" application on facebook, and you honestly don't know the answer to a question because you didn't see the deleted scene from which it was taken, you answer correctly anyway because you know the characters that well.

I do that all the time.

To add to that:
You've peaked at number 5 on the "Addicted to The Office" trivia application on facebook.

Mar 31st 2008 edited

To tweak the topic just a bit:

You know you're addicted to the Watercooler when you try to use * to italicize text in a Word document.

Yikes.

Mar 31st 2008

Actually, putting underscores on each end to italicize works in Word, at least on Mac. The asterisk bolds text.

You know you're addicted to the Watercooler when you know that kind of information.

Mar 31st 2008

Actually, putting underscores on each end to italicize works in Word, at least on Mac. The asterisk bolds text.

All it does on my PC is add asterisks and underscores. Must be a Mac thing.

It made me smile when I did it, though. And immediately log on here to see what's up.

Mar 31st 2008

You know you're addicted to the Watercooler when you try to use * to italicize text in a Word document.

I too also have done that as well.

Mar 31st 2008

Good call, MISSterious. I do that all the time now.

Mar 31st 2008

I always have to go through all my text documents to make sure there isn't any HTML or markdown in there, because I'll use them both if I'm not paying attention.

Mar 31st 2008

You see a tv ad for a cholesterol lowering medicine and you think, "Wait! I want to raise it first!"

Apr 1st 2008

You're reading an article about music, it mentions Eddie Money, and all of a sudden you hear Michael Scott singing "Two Tickets to Paradise" in your head.

Apr 1st 2008

Or the song "Tiny Dancer" reminds you of The Dundies and not Almost Famous.

Apr 1st 2008

Or the song "Tiny Dancer" reminds you of The Dundies and not Almost Famous.

Actually, that song still reminds me of WKRP in Cincinnati.

Apr 1st 2008

You know your an Office-ionado when you plan a lunch date with an Office online friend.

Apr 1st 2008

Yes! Lunch date!

Aug 8th 2008

What a crappy thread idea.

Aug 8th 2008

You know you're an office-ionado if...

You go to Kohl's to get DM jammies and buy them even though they only have men's large and you are a women's small.

Aug 8th 2008

When you're watching the Weather Channel and you remark to your family that there's a thunderstorm heading towards Scranton, Pa. and they give you quizzical looks.

Aug 8th 2008 edited

there's a thunderstorm

This reminds me...you know you're an Office-ionado if last weekend when there was a thunderstorm, your father-in-law says "More storms will hit the midwest" and you interrupt by saying "than read to their children" even though you know he will give you the crazy look because he has never seen the show.

Aug 8th 2008

You know you're an office-ionado if...

You're bored one day and decide to try to rank your favorite episodes, and then abondon the task after realizing that doing so would be like Sophie's choice. Then you are so overcome with love for the show that you watch the DVDs for a couple hours.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 57
Top of PageBack to discussions