Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You Know You're An Office-ionado If/When...
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 57 of 57
Aug 10th 2008

Tommorrow is my daughter's birthday and she asked me for a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake and I got the giggles. She looked at me and said(I'm not making this up), "Oh, it must have something to do with the Office."

Sep 9th 2008

You have a countdown timer on your computers desktop that says:

15 days
379 hours
22765 minutes
1365916 seconds

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 9th 2008

Really? Only 15 days?

Sep 9th 2008

YessireeBob

Sep 9th 2008

Yay!!!

Sep 9th 2008

That means it is only 15 days until Nerf Jr's birthday, and I'm still trying to come up with a good excuse to keep my inlaws away from my house for a party that night. Well, I guess they could come over, but they would have to leave by 7:30 central time. Yes, I know The Office starts at 8 (central), but I need time to prepare. And put Nerf Jr to bed. Early.

Sep 9th 2008

On his birthday?

Sep 9th 2008

I have a countdown, too, TO! But it's on my iGoogle page.

Sep 9th 2008

Ditto!

Sep 9th 2008

On his birthday?

Is that mean?

He's turning two. Will he understand that it's his birthday? I plan to put him to bed 5 minutes early. I'm also taking him to the doctor's for a check-up and shot on that day.

Am I the worst mom ever?

Sep 9th 2008

...you tell your BFF that if she delivers her second kiddo on her exact due date, which happens to be Sept 25, you'll come and visit her and the wee babe the following day.

Sep 9th 2008

Oh, it's ok then. If he was like 5 or 7, I think it'd be a little harsh. But if he's just two, I don't think he'd even notice.

Actually, I think it's good for him to get his birthday party after his shot. Cake (and grandma and grandpa) will probably cheer him up.

Sep 9th 2008 edited

I'm also taking him to the doctor's for a check-up and shot on that day.

Am I the worst mom ever?

Clearly you are not, Nerf. You are just a very, very devoted fan. And none of us can relate to that!

...you tell your BFF that if she delivers her second kiddo on her exact due date, which happens to be Sept 25, you'll come and visit her and the wee babe the following day.

This made me laugh, audibly.

Sep 12th 2008

One of your bosses suggests you go to trivia with him next Thursday and you internally freak out because you're not sure if that's when the new episode comes on.

Sep 12th 2008

...you're wife reminds you that that office get-together you just told her about happens to be the same night as the premiere and you start wondering how much your colleagues would really miss you.

Sep 12th 2008

CGB, don't you have to watch TO's premier as a work-related activity? That would seem like the perfect out.

Oct 12th 2018

...you still regularly check in on a basically vacated discussion forum dedicated to a show that's been off the air for years.

Oct 13th 2018

Haha yeah.

Oct 15th 2018

Also, yes.

Oct 15th 2018

Also, me.

My son (age 12) has been slowly working through the series. We are midway through season 8. I didn't watch most of these when they first aired, so I'm watching too.

This show got....not good. My son, however, is determined to stay with it til the bitter end.

Oct 16th 2018

I've been rewatching some with my daughter, who got into it in the past year. I'm surprised at how many funny moments are in seasons 3-6, which I thought were bad at the time. But yeah...those last few years were brutal. Andy is a funny character, but he is cringe-worthy as a romantic lead. And not the good cringe that The Office is famous for.

Oct 30th 2018

I never check here.

Nov 11th 2018

I sense that the show has taken on a kind of cult nostalgia status. Office memes are prevalent, as are references in columns and commentaries by hipster doofus writers. None of this reverence seems to differentiate between the better early seasons and the decline toward crapitude that followed.

Nov 11th 2018

I never check here.

I haven’t commented here in years.

2 days ago

differentiate between the better early seasons and the decline toward crapitude that followed.

Yeah, people claiming that S6-9 were just as good as the earlier seasons lack reason.

1 day ago

Is that... Is that something people...say?

7 hours ago

I would like to direct you to twenty-two minutes of sewage I like to call "Mafia."

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 57 of 57
Top of PageBack to discussions