Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.09 Dinner Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 21
  12. >
1 to 30 of 617
Apr 8th 2008 edited

ETA: Thanks for starting this thread, DftF Schrutespace. I promise to be less forgetful in the coming weeks. --James

• Season 4: Episode 9
  • First aired 10 April 2008
  • Written by Gene Stupinsky and Lee Eisenberg
  • Directed by Paul Feig

Dwight brought glasses. And a person.

Apr 8th 2008

There is NO way this episode will live up to expectations. It is impossible.

Apr 8th 2008 edited

Good call.

Apr 8th 2008 edited

Written by Gene Stupinsky and Lee Eisenberg
Directed by Paul Feig

Great combination

Apr 8th 2008

I know so little about this episode (the result of my spoiler-avoidance). I didn't even know the full guest-list until just now.

So...I guess Dwight's hopes, which were raised to such heights in the "Oh, Dee!" scene, have been dashed. Four months later and Andy and Angela are still together.

Is that fun for anyone?

Apr 8th 2008

I am going to have to avoid this thread, and I guess the whole forum, and possibly the entire interwebs until Friday night. Why do I have to miss Thursday night tv not one, but two weeks in a row? My terrible inability to tell ensembles that need a violinist no. This is a horrible affliction. I think it even rivals hot dog fingers in severity. So this is the last I'll see of this thread until Saturday morning. :-(...

Apr 8th 2008

There is NO way this episode will live up to expectations. It is impossible.

That is my fear as well. They've hyped it so much. I hope it it's as money as they say it is.

Apr 8th 2008

I think we've hyped it as much as they have. Based on my own past history, I think there's a real danger we may convince ourselves that it's a disappointment even if it's great - just because we're so hyper-critical.

I know I did that with When She Was Bad. One of the great Buffy eppies ever. But because it was the S2 premier I was almost looking to be disappointed.

Apr 8th 2008 edited

Who cares? This thread makes it official! I am so excited!

Apr 8th 2008

Based on my own past history, I think there's a real danger we may convince ourselves that it's a disappointment even if it's great - just because we're so hyper-critical.

I noticed that last week watching the four episode marathon. I remember being vaguely disappointed with them originally, but upon second viewing found them to be quite good...except for the Finer Things Club.

Apr 8th 2008

...except for the Finer Things Club.

Thank you.

Apr 8th 2008

Ah, I just logged on to see this thread and got all kinds of giddy! SO excited!

Apr 8th 2008 edited

To be perfectly honest, I think the hiatus has had the effect of lowering my expectations, partially because I've fallen out of touch with the show and what's good about it. There's this part of me that's completely ambivalent, and half-convinced that it's going to be awful. Which of course it's not. I think I may be in position to be pleasantly surprised.

"When She Was Bad" was a great episode, but I'm still pissed years later that they never paid off that whole Buffy-Xander sexual tension that they built on that dance floor. I needed to believe that the geek could get the girl. Of course it would have made no sense and probably meant that Xander would have had to die (this being Joss Whedon and all).

I feel like Whedon sorta paid it off with the Wash-Zoe pairing in Firefly, wince Wash was essentially a Xander recycle.

Apr 8th 2008 edited

I'm still pissed years later that they never paid off that whole Buffy-Xander sexual tension that they built on that dance floor. I needed to believe that the geek could get the girl.

That always confused me too. I probably started watching in the second season, so I missed the backstory, but inbetween reruns, I caught up. I was convinced I missed an episode somewhere, but nope.

On topic, I have a sneaking suspicion I might be disappointed as well. Hoping they prove me wrong.

Apr 8th 2008

I'm hoping we won't be disappointed, but I think the fact that both Steve and Jenna have said that it's one of their favorites is a point in the episode's favor...And the fact that we're so happy to have the show back. Just a thought.

Apr 8th 2008

I actually think it will live up to the hype. I mean, with all those couples in one small space, it has to be good.

Apr 8th 2008

The best way that it can live up to the hype for me -- and I mean this in all seriousness -- is to have Pam remove her shirt.

Wow, two glasses of wine and I start saying some things. Sure, they're the same things I always say, but here I am, saying them.

Apr 8th 2008

The best way that it can live up to the hype for me -- and I mean this in all seriousness -- is to have Pam remove her shirt.

I'm a heterosexual female, and I'd certainly watch that. They should save that for the May sweeps though.

Apr 8th 2008

I think Jim and Pam would have to be caught getting hot and heavy in the second bedroom of Michael's condo for it to live up to expectations.

Apr 8th 2008

I think Jim and Pam would have to be caught getting hot and heavy in the second bedroom of Michael's condo for it to live up to expectations.

I concur.

Apr 8th 2008

Yes!!! Here's the camera crew's chance.

Apr 8th 2008

Well, we do know that...wait, can we discuss this eppy's spoilrs in here? Probably not, huh.

Apr 8th 2008

I call your bluff, chica.

Apr 8th 2008

No really...can i talk about it in here? We talked about it in the spoiler thread after Jenna's OT chat.

Apr 8th 2008

I think the episode thread is restricted to what's in the promos and the NBC episode description until 9 PM Eastern on Thursdays.

Apr 9th 2008

Yes...keep this thread safe for Nerks!

Nerks of the world, unite!

Apr 9th 2008

United we be.

Unless the spoilers involve Pam removing her shirt. And you have pictures to that effect.

I'm reining myself in about this episode, because Carrell, Fischer, et al would of course say this episode is the funniest--don't they say that about all of them? I'm just happy there's a new episode, and I'll let the chips fall where they may.

Apr 9th 2008

Well for me if Jim's gonna be there, then dangit, it's a good ep. I need to set higher standards.

Apr 9th 2008

The promos have been funny so I have high hopes.

Apr 9th 2008

High as the sky hopes?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...