Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.09 Dinner Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. ...
  13. 21
  14. >
421 to 450 of 626
Apr 13th 2008

The simple solution is to not go into those threads, Asd. But I totally know what you're saying. And I agree. I like to go into those threads too, but I always feel nervous about it before the episode airs. I think posters in those threads will say spoilers are fair play, but I don't think they are. I think spoilers threads are for all spoilers. They shouldn't be anywhere else.

Apr 13th 2008

I think we're supposed to keep spoilers to the two threads specifically for that, at least in theory. Episode threads are fair game for episode summaries and promos that have been on TV, but not clips or Ausielo reports or that sort of thing.

Apr 13th 2008

My two cents on why Angela backstabbed Pam.. I remember one episode when Phillis asked Angela if she liked to go out w/ Roy or Jim, and Angela at the end said Jim, and maybe that's why Angela always disliked Pam.

Apr 13th 2008

Actually, Angela said she'd choose Roy...she thinks he's very "capable and strong." I don't really know her opinion of Jim (although I'm guessing she didn't approve of his lax work ethic), but it was very clear that she had a mini-crush on Roy...even to the point where Kevin started snickering about it.

Apr 13th 2008

Then it must have made her little loins all wet-and-toasty when he said he wanted to make it with the "tight-ass Christian chick".

Apr 13th 2008

Ew...please don't talk about Angela's loins. I don't think she'd appreciate it.

Apr 13th 2008

The simple solution is to not go into those threads, Asd. But I totally know what you're saying. And I agree. I like to go into those threads too, but I always feel nervous about it before the episode airs. I think posters in those threads will say spoilers are fair play, but I don't think they are. I think spoilers threads are for all spoilers. They shouldn't be anywhere else.

To clarify, I don't mean when the show starts. I mean things like this:

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW

I can't wait to meet the Legendary .......character.
POSSIBLE SPOILER ABOVE

and this:

SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER! The next episode takes.... post-Jan dating.

*SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER! *

I've placed ellipsis where the spoilerish material was

Once the episode starts, go with it, but don't talk about future events in the episode threads, is my only gripe.

Apr 13th 2008 edited

Ew...please don't talk about Angela's loins. I don't think she'd appreciate it.

Oh, she'd act all offended and snippy. But as she turned and walked away she'd come out with that quick little smile that would show she secretly dug it.

Apr 13th 2008

Actually, Angela said she'd choose Roy...she thinks he's very "capable and strong."

My mistake! Now I'm watching Conflict Resolution.. Maybe Angela, although she did get an invitation, probably didn't fall for "I didnt know your zipcode" excuse.

Apr 13th 2008

Once the episode starts, go with it, but don't talk about future events in the episode threads, is my only gripe.

I agree. Spoilers in the spoiler thread only! Spoilies!

Apr 13th 2008 edited

I don't necessarily agree.

Yes, spoilers that lack adequate warnings, and/or are totally gratuitous, are inappropriate outside the domain of the designated "Spoiler" threads. But when a possibly spoiler-ish remark is really germaine to the topic at hand - as was the case with the discussion of Jim and "Strong Women" in the Dinner Party thread - then I don't see the problem with posting the remark in that thread as long as the possible spoiler is fully marked.

Otherwise the scope of discussion gets way too restricted, IMHO.

Apr 13th 2008 edited

I don't think it's much to ask to keep spoilers to the spoilers threads. Why not just bring the issue back up when it's no longer a spoiler? It will still be/or will become germane again at that point. I think the spoiler policy is a good one, and should be adhered to.

Apr 13th 2008

It just occurred to me that Jan has an office and a workspace. Kind of like Dwight has a workspace...but his workspace doubles as his office and is really the conference room, so Catch-22. Still, I wonder if they're insinuating now that Jan is sort of like Dwight.

Apr 13th 2008

If you're going to post something that you have to mark as a spoiler, it might work to just make a note in your post that you're going to continue the thought in the spoiler thread, and then do so. Then, people can make the choice to possibly be spoiled or not. I have to agree that episode threads should be kept spoiler free. We can both spoil and speculate in the spoiler thread.

Apr 13th 2008

It just occurred to me that Jan has an office and a workspace. Kind of like Dwight has a workspace...but his workspace doubles as his office and is really the conference room, so Catch-22

I thought that was a great call back.

Apr 13th 2008

I wish Jan called her workspace a "Levinspace."

Apr 13th 2008

It just bothers me that even though the warning is their, I still saw it, and it kinda stunk. I would have rather been surprised by the information then learn it now, which is why I keep myself away from the spoiler thread.

Apr 13th 2008

Exactly.

Apr 13th 2008

Hear! Hear!

Apr 13th 2008

Okay, okay. I will bow to the popular will.

Nothing spoilerish shall ever pass my keyboard except in the appropriate threads.

However - in my own partial defense I will point out that the first spoiler I marked had already been posted - unmarked - by someone else (I honestly don't remember who).

So I was just pointing out that spoilers should be carefully marked as such.

Apr 13th 2008

Score one for the Nerks.

Apr 13th 2008

Score one for the Spoiler Policy.

Apr 13th 2008

Hi all, I'm back safe, I know everyone was worried. I'm sure everything was discussed a billion times, I just went straight to the end of the thread, so all I have to say is that I loved it and thought it was freaking hysterical. My favorite part was the video camera in the bedroom and Michael sleeping at the foot of the bed. Or maybe it was Michael's hangout space in the garage with the hand chairs. Or maybe it was Angela saying not to joke about hell. Or maybe it was Dwight saying Michael was going to sleep with him tonight. I do wish Pam would have told Angela to F off. And I hope Michael dumps that psycho bitch.

Apr 13th 2008

Is anyone else entertained by the fact that of all the beer signs in the world Michael has to choose from he goes for St Pauli Girl's? It's so not the beer sign of choice, which is why it's great for Michael.

Apr 13th 2008

It's so not the beer sign of choice

Really? You don't think?

Daoust, do you have an opinion, here?

Apr 13th 2008 edited

My favorite part was the video camera in the bedroom and Michael sleeping at the foot of the bed. Or maybe it was Michael's hangout space in the garage with the hand chairs.

The video cam killed me. (in the good way.) Then the way Jan swats Michael on the butt...like it's really his fault. Also loved the shout out to AD with the hand chairs.

Apr 13th 2008

I'd didn't like the bed at the foot of the bed. I thought it was ridiculous.

Apr 13th 2008

I thought the bench bed was hilarious. Especially the awkward moment after Michael curled up on it and just laid there.

Apr 13th 2008

I was actually surprised that he fit as well as he did.

Apr 13th 2008

Here are a couple of questions and answers from fans to Lee and Gene about Dinner Party, courtesy of Office Tally.

Q. What was your favorite scene from the episode? In the sense of how each actor brought your writing to life. | Vanessa

A. I know that there was much debate online about Jim trying to leave Pam, but that’s probably my favorite scene. I also love Andy’s “Thought about it. I’m in.”

Q. Was Jim really going to leave Pam? | Courtney

A. Maybe. But the reason we think the scene works is that you get a sense of the playfulness of them as a couple. We never viewed it as Jim being a jerk — after all, he did try to bring her with. That exchange was meant to be a little chess match between them with Pam coming out with a checkmate. If he had actually left her, well, that’s a different story …

This clears things up nicely. For anyone who wasn't clear on this subject. Not there is anyone, but what the hell.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. ...