Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.09 Dinner Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. >
481 to 510 of 621
Apr 14th 2008

It does seem like him sleeping on the bench would have shown up at work. It may fall under the same kind of parameters as the Jim leaving Pam thing: they thought it was funny, so threw it in without thinking too deeply about it.

Apr 14th 2008 edited

without thinking too deeply about it.

without thinking too deeply about it: What the writers probably do more often than we (who are the ones who do the opposite) would want to know.

Apr 14th 2008

on vasectomies:
i heard a recent news report that talked about how many more vasectomies were scheduled during march madness. because it was generally a four-day process. they have it on wednesday and then lay around on the couch for 4 days and watch basketball.

on something else:
amj, your question about the consensus makes me think a recap of opinion on the episodes would be a good thing. a nice little packaging of the na take on each episode would be interesting.

as a matter of fact i would kind of like to see this happen for all the other office sites. a lot of us dont have time to read all that is posted on this site much less other office forums and boards. i would, though, take time to read two or three paragraphs on what office tally posters think or life in the office forum posters and compare it to our... "general consensus."

for those of you who like the idea of our opinions actually getting to cast and crew, a recap would be more likely to be read by those folks than 17 pages of opinion. and a collection of recaps from all the sites ups the odds a lot more i think.

and who knows, we might even find out one day that the writers were all prepared to have michael say something about his forth vasectomy next episode and then they remembered how much some people on na hated it.

Apr 14th 2008 edited

Peter King from sportsillustrated.com has weighed in on this episode:

Was it just me, or was that first post-strike episode of The Office a creep show? Hard to explain, but the Jan and Michael stuff at home was over-the-line weird to me. Maybe I just expected too much from the return of this great show. But that one went too far over the bizarre line.

Just another thought to throw on the pile.

Apr 14th 2008

Peter King's opinions about football are ridiculous so I don't expect anything better from him concerning The Office.

Apr 14th 2008

It does seem like him sleeping on the bench would have shown up at work.

Not necessarily. Last month I fell asleep on the hard wood floor of my sick daughter's bedroom and woke up in the morning refreshed and not stiff at all. Some people can sleep well in all kinds of places.

Apr 14th 2008

and woke up in the morning refreshed and not stiff at all

I bet that made it much more comfortable to pee that morning.

makes me think a recap of opinion on the episodes would be a good thing

I think polls would be an easy way to do this. A general poll asking how the episode was liked as well as more specific questions like "Do you think it was realistic that Michael would sleep on a bench every night?" or "Do you think Jim was really going to leave?" etc.

Apr 14th 2008

No.... let's not do polls. I hate polls. And even if a summary of consensus is posted, you're going to get pages of people taking exception to points of it. It's just going to be a lot of comment here, no matter what.

Apr 14th 2008

I agree 1000 G percent. I do want to hear more summary ideas though

Apr 14th 2008

I'm glad Lee and Gene answered those questions for everyone so you all can finally stop talking about it.

Shuuuuut it. Methinks Daoust's continual cold weather made him very grumpy this weekend.

Apr 14th 2008

Was it just me, or was that first post-strike episode of The Office a creep show? Hard to explain, but the Jan and Michael stuff at home was over-the-line weird to me. Maybe I just expected too much from the return of this great show. But that one went too far over the bizarre line.

That's because Peter King's the biggest square who ever lived.

At one point I thought polls would be a cool feature to add, but I've seen them abused on another (non-Office) message board, so I don't mind not having them.

Apr 14th 2008

Okay, so maybe I'm alone on the poll thing. Raise your hand if you think polls are stupid.

Apr 14th 2008

I always vow to myself that I won't get caught up in the Jim and Pam speculation. It's a vow I can never keep. So here goes:

Jim had no intention of ditching Pam. He intended for Pam to go with him and actually called for her to come with him. But Michael screwed things up by saying that a flooded apartment didn't require both their attention. Jim couldn't come up with an excuse to get Pam out of there but had already committed to the lie and started to leave. You could tell he felt bad about it.

Apr 14th 2008

Jim couldn't come up with an excuse to get Pam out of there but had already committed to the lie and started to leave. You could tell he felt bad about it.

I like this take on it.

Apr 14th 2008

Who else would like to see a whole show based on Michael's first night at the Schrute farm?

Apr 14th 2008

Who else would like to see a whole show based on Michael's first night at the Schrute farm?

Now this is a poll I'd vote on. Yes please!

Apr 14th 2008

I wonder if Dwight's babysitter sometimes doubted his commitment to Sparklemotion.

Apr 14th 2008

No.... let's not do polls. I hate polls.

yeah, you and 36.5% of the people here, karenm

And even if a summary of consensus is posted, you're going to get pages of people taking exception to points of it. It's just going to be a lot of comment here, no matter what.

i don't think you could take exception to statements like, '...the vasectomy comment and the idea that michael was sleeping on that little bench at the end of the bed seemed to draw the most negative comments this episode. believability was the reason cited most often, though the negatives didnt seem to be as high as last year's scene in which..."

as far as raising comment here, i would assume comments made after the first posting would be taken into account and a few edits might be made before a final stamp is put on it.

Apr 14th 2008

i heard a recent news report that talked about how many more vasectomies were scheduled during march madness

Either you or the reporter mixed up the message. What happened is that the Oregon Urology Institute ran radio ads saying, "Hey guys, here's an idea. Get a vasectomy." According to this article they got 15 people to sign up. Now, 15 is more than zero, so technically it is "many more" but I wouldn't go calling it a trend.

Apr 14th 2008

Jim couldn't come up with an excuse to get Pam out of there but had already committed to the lie and started to leave. You could tell he felt bad about it.

I like this take on it.

Me too. I actually thought it was even funnier when no one questioned Jim staying despite the emergency at home.

Apr 14th 2008

I actually thought it was even funnier when no one questioned Jim staying despite the emergency at home.

I liked that he couldn't even remember his excuse later outside with the cops and needed Pam's assistance.

Apr 14th 2008 edited

what's second base, i heard it on npr. you're right, though, it does seem it was more about the one clinic than i remembered. they made a couple comments during the report that sounded a little broader but i listened to it again and there was, indeed, nothing about a trend.

in the report, the fellow from the clinic says that a bag of frozen peas is what they usually recommend as a pain reliever. i am sure that is in addition to pharmaceuticals.

couldn't even remember his excuse later outside with the cops

that would have been quite an intriguing teaser for that episode, knowing the cops were involved.

Apr 14th 2008

So not that my opinion matters on the poll thing because it wouldn't affect me in any way, thought I'd say some things:

1. Doesn't OfficeTally already rate the episodes? Aren't those opinions more or less the same as ours, except all in one place whereas we analyze fine points?

2. Couldn't a summary be added to the first post of an episode thread? It already gives pertinent stats... I think it would make sense to have a summation of prevailing opinions there, too.

3. I hate polls because the options are usually poorly chosen and don't express what I want to say anyway. Also it doesn't really matter what the consensus is. We all still talk.

Apr 14th 2008

Agree on all points KarenM.

Apr 14th 2008

the summary of opinions was just a thought. either way. i agree, karenm that adding a summary back into the first post of the episode thread when it was complete would be the best way to handle it. moving on.

Apr 14th 2008

the Oregon Urology Institute ran radio ads saying, "Hey guys, here's an idea. Get a vasectomy."

Hey! Oregon Urology Institute! Here's an idea - kiss my ass!!!

Apr 14th 2008

Hey! Oregon Urology Institute! Here's an idea - kiss my ass!!!

It would seem their more interested in the front of you then your rear.

Apr 14th 2008

I guess you're right. That comment would be more appropriate directed to the Oregon Proctology Institute.

So they can both just bite me (appropriate to front or back.)

Apr 14th 2008

So Jan thinking Michael and Pam had dated. Purely a product of Jan's crazy mind? Or maybe she based it on something Michael said in an argument. I think the former is more likely.

Apr 14th 2008

So they can both just bite me (appropriate to front or back.)

I think that applies to either the proctology institute or Lorena Bobbit.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21