Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.09 Dinner Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. >
511 to 540 of 626
Apr 14th 2008

So Jan thinking Michael and Pam had dated.

Well, doesn't Jan say something in the kitchen about Michael mentioning something about them dating? He could have made some random comment that she took wrong, though, and there was the dangling baguette incident. I'm going with at least 90% Jan being batshit crazy.

Apr 14th 2008

I'm going with Michael boasted a little, perhaps way back when Jan expressed a few reservations about a boss and an employee dating in order to make her feel better about the love contract.

Apr 14th 2008

Nope. I don't see it. Michael's feelings for Pam have always been at least quasi-paternal, and I don't see him being into incest.

Once again, I think Jan's just nucking futz.

Apr 14th 2008 edited

Michael said aloud, to a camera guy, that he would like to see Pam in the bathtub. He has commented on her hotness and used her as an example to make sexual remarks. This was all from Season 1, though--did we ever decide if those character traits "count"? Lots of characters are different.

Apr 14th 2008

Actually, the "It would be inappropriate for me to take a bath with Pam, as much as I might want to" was from the season 2 episode Sexual Harassment. His "Even the hot ones aren't that skinny" is from the season 3 Women's Appreciation. And of course his constant references to Pam's boobs. In season 1, Michael's remarks about Pam were less indicative of a personal interest in her: "You think she's cute now; you should have seen her a few years ago." "You know, the best-looking one upstairs" (said right in front of Roy). "Pam 6.0."

Apr 14th 2008

This was all from Season 1, though--did we ever decide if those character traits "count"? Lots of characters are different.

I think he has continued to make comments about Pam's "hotness" all the way through the show. The discussion at Hooters with Jim is S2 and his comment after the flashing in Women's Appreciation ("Did he even see Pam?") are just two examples I can come up with.

Apr 14th 2008

I'm sure in Michael's mind he's misconstrued Pam's occasional kindnesses as flirting with him, and he's constructed some sort of "relationship" that they've had.

Apr 14th 2008

Jinx WSB!

Apr 14th 2008

i think it could have been something about coming home together from a diwali party. him mentioning something about being on the rebound from carol and something about them almost kissing and ending up with mutually agreeing not to see each other again.

Apr 14th 2008

That sounds like Michael logic ferd. Does it concern you that you can think that way?

Apr 14th 2008

Heres a vote for that "put a summary at the first of the thread" idea. I could see the merits of a poll idea, but in the end, Karens points all explain why it's not such a great idea.

And personally, I like reading through 12 pages of comments after an episode airs. I like reading about the different things that you viewers liked or disliked, or noticed or whatever. And each episode thread has a very unique format. The first few comments are the 'excitement' posts, looking forward to the episode. Then there's the whole section of posts while the episode is going on. It's fun to read how excited or happy the posters are about the different points. After the episode airs there is a brief period of "that was awesome, I liked it a lot" kinds of posts, and then there is the dissection period. Things I liked, things I didn't like kind of stuff. Finally there is the analysis period. I enjoy this part the most. These are posts made after multiple viewings, where the finer points of the episode are brought out and discussed. Major thematic elements are highlighted. Controversial aspects are hashed out, and clarifications are sought. It is my feeling that the posters who post in this last section are quite often some of the most devoted fans of the show. They are the ones who watch the show for more than just entertainment. They are the ones who love the show, and who follow it closely and who are acutely knowledgeable about it. Their opinions and viewpoints are often richer, or better informed because of the stores of information they have about the show and the characters. Most importantly, their posts reflect the fact that they care about the show and love it for more than just the laughs it provides. If they criticize some aspect of the show its usually for a good, well intentioned reason. They're not out just to find all the faults.

Anyways, that's a longer winded response than I wanted to give. I think I should end it with a nards.

Apr 14th 2008

Also, if someone doesn't want to read all the threads and pops into the last page and asks what everyone seems to think, we'd just answer. We are quite generous with our opinions. I don't think anyone should feel awkward about taking shortcuts.

Apr 14th 2008

We are quite generous with our opinions.

This is true.

Apr 15th 2008

I also like the idea of putting a reap of our opinions into the first post. You get my vote!

I think Michael figured out that Hunter's song was about Jan at some point and so he told her he had been with Pam during one of their arguments. Retaliation. Tit for tit.

Apr 15th 2008 edited

I wonder if Dwight's babysitter sometimes doubted his commitment to Sparklemotion.

I love you Long Tim. Ha! Sparklemotion. I so love Donnie Darko.

I'm surprised I liked this episode being that I hate that play 'Whose afraid of virginia wolf'. Go figure.

Apr 15th 2008

I'm glad I've neither read that play or seen it performed, because then I'd have something to compare this episode to. It'd be like a spoiler.

Apr 15th 2008

That sounds like Michael logic ferd. Does it concern you that you can think that way?

"can" is the key word dc. i can switch back and forth between my actual persona and my michael scott persona at will. unfortunately my actual persona is very schrutian so its really lose lose.

Apr 15th 2008

So ferd you would bring your own turkey leg and beet salad to a dinner party?

Apr 15th 2008

If he ever finds a dead goose on the highway, look out!

Apr 15th 2008

So ferd you would bring your own turkey leg and beet salad to a dinner party?

well, those are safer than potato salad in case it has to sit in the car all day. as for the dead goose, i have found that party goers often frown on non-traditional sourced meat and hardly any of it gets eaten. i would take note of its location though since i would traveling the same route on the way home.

Apr 15th 2008

well, those are safer than potato salad in case it has to sit in the car all day.

You make a very compelling argument.

Apr 15th 2008

Ferd, do you drive a Sebring or a 1987 TransAm?

Apr 15th 2008

I here the third deleted scene is up, I'll see If I can get us a link.

Apr 15th 2008

here we are

Wow, love the pam what was your question thing.

Apr 15th 2008

Ferd, do you drive a Sebring or a 1987 TransAm?

i have solved this seemingly insolvable problem, dc, by driving the 87 trans am and purchasing a "my other car is a sebring" bumper sticker. i called the big lots every day for 8 weeks to see if they had received any "my other car is a sebring" bumper stickers in that day's shipment.

finally i wised up and checked the flea market next door to my house and there they were in aisle 34c! well, it wasn't my first time to the flea market, if you know what i mean, so i acted all nonchalant and even pretended to be interested mainly in the little "love is..." figurine there next to the stickers. i kind of offhandedly ask about the bumper stickers, and when the guy says 10 cents each i raise my eyebrows like, maybe, i had seen "my other car is a sebring" bumper stickers a couple aisles over or something. and it worked! the guy totally caved and says, "or 3 for a quarter." i had the quarter in his hand and the stickers in mine before he knew what he had done.

a pretzel day if there ever was one, i'd say.

Apr 15th 2008

aisle 34c

I think that is Daoust's favorite aisle of all the aisles.

Apr 15th 2008

He might find it less roomy than he likes.

I hear he prefers a bigger aisle.

Apr 15th 2008

are you sure? cause i've seen him a lot in the children's clothes. specifically the.... infant aisle.

Apr 15th 2008

purchasing a "my other car is a sebring" bumper sticker.

Wow, you were lucky to find those rare stickers. Sounds like an awesome ride you have there.

Apr 15th 2008

the.... infant aisle.

ferd: you slay me.

And who knew you're such a wheeler dealer? Impressive indeed. I bet the place gets to buzzing when you're sighted sauntering through those flea market gates. Your retelling of the story made me almost feel like you were there. I mean I was there.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. 21
  12. >