Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.10 The Chair Model
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >
1 to 30 of 726
Apr 11th 2008 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 10
  • First aired on April 17, 2008

Michael's (Steve Carell) fascination with a woman modeling a chair in an office supply catalog makes him feel things he hasn't felt in a while. With Michael distracted, Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) and Andy(Ed Helms) team up to win back Dunder-Mifflin's stolen parking spaces, forcing them into a showdown with the bosses of the five businesses of the office park. Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Oscar Nunez, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Mindy Kaling, Leslie David Baker, Melora Hardin, Kate Flannery and Creed Bratton also star.

Apr 11th 2008

Kevin and Nard-dog team up? That sounds awesome. I am now thoroughly excited about this episode.

Apr 11th 2008

Kevin and Nard-dog team up? That sounds awesome.

Absolutely it does.

Apr 11th 2008

This title is better. And The Hunter's screen name is rockin'.

Apr 11th 2008

Also, this may be what everyone wants as Michael sheds Jan for the next stage of his life, as Brian put it?

Apr 15th 2008

I like that B.J. Novak wrote this episode. Because I like his episodes in general, and because his episodes usually feature a gentler, more subtle humor that will provide a good contrast to the intensity of Dinner Party.

Will there be any acknowledgment of time in this episode? As in, will they announce a jump to real time in some way, or will they not mention it and leave it ambigious?

Apr 15th 2008

I don't know. I think I'd prefer it if they don't really acknowledge it, and just sort of let it be very subtle. Like, it's Spring in Scranton.

I thought before that I'd like them to mention the gap somehow. Now, I'm not so sure.

Apr 15th 2008

I think I'd prefer it if they don't really acknowledge it, and just sort of let it be very subtle.

Me too.

Apr 15th 2008

I don't see why people are all worked up about the time jump. There have been other time jumps, like the Christmas break. The episode will probably just begin with a talking head of Michael saying, "So Jan and I broke up," accompanied by B-roll of Jan flipping out on Michael. "It was mutual."

Apr 15th 2008

Hmmm, I think they mentioned the time jump in the writers chat last Thursday. Should that be posted to the spoilers thread rather than here?

Apr 15th 2008

Is that stuff in your post, WSB, a spoiler, or speculation? I think the time jump technically is a spoiler, but that cat's out of the bag.
And if the time jump is artificial in the context of the show, it's sort of annoying because they're cheating the conceit of the show.

Apr 15th 2008

Michael's (Steve Carell) fascination with a woman modeling a chair in an office supply catalog makes him feel things he hasn't felt in a while.

The only thing spoiler-y about WSB is the length bit. The description itself makes it seem obvious we're in for a jump.

Apr 15th 2008

I beg to differ, particularly about the talking head speculated upon, which is a far cry from what you've bolded.

Apr 15th 2008

I read WSB's post as speculation. That's the first I've heard of a talking head like that. Spoilies might know more than me, though.

Apr 15th 2008

I certainly don't know either, but didn't want it out there for us nerks if it was a spoiler.

Apr 15th 2008

The post about the TH sounded like pure speculation, so no need for the nerks to get all worked up.

Apr 15th 2008

Fine, my mistake, and apologies to WSB and ctf.

Apr 15th 2008

Apologies for the confusion. It wasn't speculation. It was just demonstrating how the time jump could be explained in a simple way. They've done it before. (See: Pam's TH at the beginning of The Fire.)

Apr 15th 2008

It just occurred to me that one could be a spoilie and pretend to be a nerk, and the nerks would have no way of knowing.

Apr 16th 2008

As a nerk, I'm okay with that, as long as it didn't ruin my nerkness. However it does lead to the question:

If all If all spoilies are are spoiliers and all spoiliers and nerks are all spoilies nerks?

Apr 16th 2008

I'm a nerk that pretends to be a spoilie. Well, I scan that thread for jokes, but avoid any spoilers.

Apr 16th 2008

I'm a nerk that pretends to be a spoilie. Well, I scan that thread for jokes, but avoid any spoilers.

So, Toosie, would you consider yourself a Noilie? Or a Sperk?

Apr 16th 2008

Sperk. I like it. Reminds me of this.

Apr 16th 2008

I love sporks. I wish they made spork silverware, instead of just the plastic kind.

Apr 16th 2008

They do! We've talked about them here before! I can't remember what they're called, but I seem to recall them being Australian.

Apr 16th 2008

I have a feeling we could go off on a rather lengthy spork-inspired tangent.

Apr 16th 2008

My it has been a long time. Bottom of page 4 of the Question thread.

Apr 16th 2008 edited

I have a feeling we could go off on a rather lengthy spork-inspired tangent.

We could. And we have. Everyone remember the Splayd? And the Knork?

Apr 16th 2008

Wow, page 4 of 102.

Apr 16th 2008

I don't know why but I love this:

Splayd is often misspelled Splayed

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6