Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.11 Night Out
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. >
571 to 600 of 713
Apr 28th 2008

Come back here in ten years. See how I'm doing then. 'Cause I could be married with children, you don't know. Life just goes on.

Brilliant stuff, both hopeful and despairing.

Apr 28th 2008

Come back here in ten years. See how I'm doing then. 'Cause I could be married with children, you don't know. Life just goes on.

One of the things that is really great about it is that it's hopeful, but it also shows you the limits of Tim's dreams: It's not, "come back here in ten years, and maybe I won't be here cos I'll be off doing something awesome." Which is what you would hope for.

Apr 28th 2008

Have you guys seen the third deleted scene. I thought that was a sweet little Michael/Ryan moment at the end.

Apr 28th 2008

I did see it, and it was sweet. Kind of like Michael was a little kid who was supposed to go to sleep, but he won't because he keeps asking questions.

Apr 28th 2008

Yeah, he such a kid. He's awesome. It made his world to hear Ryan say that, so I hope it wasn't the coke talking.

Apr 28th 2008

Ryan is so sincere in that scene. Not really Temp but definitely not DMI Ryan. Was it Michael that said he got people to love him by wearing them down? I think Michael finally wore Ryan down. Very sweet scene.

Apr 28th 2008

Michael that said he got people to love him by wearing them down?

That was Andy, but it's true of Michael as well.

Apr 28th 2008

Is it just me, or does everyone else hate the pointless DVD Region system?

Taking the conversation back a few pages, most DVD players have the ability to "unlock" the region coding. Just google your DVD player model number with another keyword like unlock or region free. I found the code to unlock mine in a few minutes, and it was as easy as bringing up a hidden menu and selecting the Region Free option.

Apr 28th 2008

I did not know that.

Apr 28th 2008

Wait, what does the region coding do?

Apr 28th 2008

It prevents DVDs from some countries from playing on the machines from other countries.

Apr 29th 2008

Pam's final TH in The Job sort of reminds me of Tim's TH that you just quoted.

I love that TH of Tim, and I love the way the Job mirrors that but with reversed roles. Jim is Dawn and Pam is Tim. I have rewatched The Office UK recently, and I was surprised at how much subtile references there are in the US version to it .Just recently, Michaels blind date with Pam's landlady was eerily similar to David Brent's second blind date in the Christmas specials.

And now, ontopic again: I too have had it with the whole angst thing, and I expect that Pam will not say yes to Jim's proposal. But I do hope / expect that we get to see just how strong Jim and Pam are together because they can work that out. Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

Apr 29th 2008

I have to say that the only moment out of this episode that I really disliked (besides for the point of Jim's forgetting the tip, but I already discussed that in the Jim Halpert thread) was Pam's over-enthusiastic punch to Toby's arm and her fake "Toby! You're the best!" Someone else said it earlier, and I wholeheartedly agree: that was the first time I saw Jenna acting, and not Pam. I wanted to cringe even more than when Toby put his hand on her knee.

Apr 29th 2008 edited

that was the first time I saw Jenna acting, and not Pam. I wanted to cringe even more than when Toby put his hand on her knee.

I have to admit that I never saw this. I looked for it upon multiple viewings, but didn't really see it. I've seen it (the actors acting, and not their characters speaking) other times, especially with other characters like Phyllis, but didn't see it here. Not to say that it isn't true. I'm just not very observant.

Apr 29th 2008

I thought it sounded forced, too. But maybe it was supposed to. It might have just been Pam being overenthusiastic to make the best of a bad situation.

Apr 29th 2008

I've seen Jenna being Jenna on the talk shows. I can honestly say I've never seen or heard Jenna poking out during The Office. I also agree with MISSterious' take on that scene.

Apr 29th 2008

I have to say that the only moment out of this episode that I really disliked (besides for the point of Jim's forgetting the tip, but I already discussed that in the Jim Halpert thread) was Pam's over-enthusiastic punch to Toby's arm and her fake "Toby! You're the best!" Someone else said it earlier, and I wholeheartedly agree: that was the first time I saw Jenna acting, and not Pam. I wanted to cringe even more than when Toby put his hand on her knee.

At the first viewing, I felt just like you, e-star, and since then I've been trying to see it like MISSterious and mtt, but it just looked to me like the writers were trying too hard to set up some conflict. Those lines seemed too forced to me.

Apr 29th 2008

At the first viewing, I felt just like you, e-star, and since then I've been trying to see it like MISSterious and mtt, but it just looked to me like the writers were trying too hard to set up some conflict. Those lines seemed too forced to me.

As I've said elsewhere, I think the biggest point of the "trapped" plotline was to drive Toby's story with a side of Jim. His having Hank's phone number, finding the football and his comeback to Pam were all setups to get to the final scene.

Apr 29th 2008

I did not question for a minute why they weren't doing any of the obvious things they could have done to get untrapped, at least not until after the episode was done. The premise does not withstand even slight scrutiny, but I didn't find that it detracted from my enjoyment a bit. Even now it seems plausible that they could get trapped. They just didn't do a good job, in retrospect, of explaining why.

Apr 29th 2008

I did not question for a minute why they weren't doing any of the obvious things they could have done to get untrapped, at least not until after the episode was done. The premise does not withstand even slight scrutiny, but I didn't find that it detracted from my enjoyment a bit. Even now it seems plausible that they could get trapped. They just didn't do a good job, in retrospect, of explaining why.

I totally agree with this. I think it's ridiculous that Sam Neill's character returns to the Jurassic Park island (or the sister island, whatever) or even goes near it for any reason whatsoever after he escaped with his life the first time. Doesn't stop me from watching Jurassic Park 3 every time it's on TNT. And my enjoyment/disbelief/disgust is palpable each and every time.

Apr 29th 2008

I too, as well, did not question why they stayed trapped while watching initially. But in retrospect, it's a pretty big plot hole, and one that could have been easily solved, to wit:

Whoever: Phyllis, can Bob Vance come back and open the lock?
Phyllis: Yes, but he's on an overnight fishing trip with his bowling buddies.
Whoever: Kelly, what about Darryl? Does he have a key?
Kelly: Yes, but he's with his daughter and he turns off his cell phone so I won't call him.
Whoever: Kevin, what about Cool Guy Paul or W.B. Jones?
Kevin: No way man, those guys hate me.

That would have taken what, 20-30 seconds? Surely they could have deleted something else to make room for it.

Apr 29th 2008 edited

But does Scranton's entire police force take Friday night off?

Apr 29th 2008

Well, it might have taken a few more seconds to explain that every locksmith in town had come down with food poisoning and the entire Scranton Police Department was chasing O.J. down I-84.

Apr 29th 2008

jink mtt

Apr 29th 2008

Scranton Police Department was chasing O.J. down I-84.

Now he's runnin' in scranton? That hipster.

jink mtt

Ha.

Apr 29th 2008

Here ya go, DC.

Now, go teach the world to sing.

Apr 29th 2008

Wow, that was wayyyy longer than my attention span. How did I make it through that.

Apr 29th 2008

Ha

Crap

Apr 29th 2008

This is a (faux) documentary, and the cameras don't catch everything, and the documentarians don't have to use all the footage they shoot. I'm perfectly fine with assuming that various "obvious" options were not available, like Bob Vance being out of town or something.

I don't see what calling the police would accomplish. What are they going to do, shoot the lock?

If Jim cut the lock, then how would he lock up again? Would he leave the parking lot unlocked all weekend? What if somebody came in and stole all of Bob Vance's refrigerators?

Besides, Hank was on his way. Plan A was still the plan of record.

Apr 29th 2008

You know what else would have solved something? Having Hank cruise by and talk to Kevin or someone who told him that Pam has a key for the gate. You don't have to show that scene, but it could have come up during the phone call. Maybe Creed would have told the guy he had a key (because he does) and then just never offer to open the gate. He probably sleeps in the office anyway. He's not in a hurry.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24