Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.11 Night Out
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. >
601 to 630 of 713
Apr 30th 2008

I don't see what calling the police would accomplish. What are they going to do, shoot the lock?

Heavy bolt cutters. The cops get people into locked cars/buildings all the time.

Apr 30th 2008

If Toby can scale the fence, all of them can. I want to see Kevin, Stanley, and Phyllis on the fence. And you know Andy probably has rock-climbing gloves (never worn) in his car for just such an occasion.

Apr 30th 2008

I was thinking of that as I watched the episode. Then I thought of Phyllis and Stanley and realized that would not be a viable option.

But someone could have gone and gotten help.

Apr 30th 2008

Heavy bolt cutters.

And then we're in the same situation as the locksmith: Does Jim stay in the parking lot all night to stand guard to make sure nobody steals stuff from Vance Refrigeration? Does he just leave the parking lot unguarded all weekend?

The cops get people into locked cars/buildings all the time.

That's different. After the cops let you in, you're inside your own car/building and can take steps to resecure it. As opposed to letting people out, which leaves the car/building unprotected.

Note that Toby can not only scale the fence but can also jog home -- he's a runner, remember? Andy's nipples would start bleeding, and it would take Kevin about five hours to walk home, seeing as his rate of travel is 1/2 mile in 30 minutes. I guess they could call a taxi.

Apr 30th 2008

Oscar should have used his settlement SUV to knock the fence open.

Apr 30th 2008

And then we're in the same situation as the locksmith: Does Jim stay in the parking lot all night to stand guard to make sure nobody steals stuff from Vance Refrigeration? Does he just leave the parking lot unguarded all weekend?

Don't you think Vance Refrigeration has more security than just relying on a single gate to be locked?

I think the locked gate has more to do with trespassing than actual security.

Apr 30th 2008

Some people across Internet land thought the chair model looked like Jan. I didn't, but I did think the woman Michael was talking to at the second club, the dog walker/washer (? I never did catch what exactly she said) looked a lot like her. Except prettier.

Apr 30th 2008

She said there was a lot more to small pet grooming than washing dogs.

Apr 30th 2008

The parking lot discussion reminds me of Lost-style analysis.

Apr 30th 2008

OfficeTally users rated this the second worst episode of the season. That's a bit harsh, no?

Apr 30th 2008

Depends on what the worst is.

Apr 30th 2008

Are you kidding? The Toby moment alone is worth not being last. I don't understand the hive mind over there.

Apr 30th 2008

It is rather Borg-like.

Apr 30th 2008 edited

OT ratings

1. 4.14 Chair Model (Avg Rating: 8.74)
  2. 4.07-08 Money (Avg Rating: 8.56)
  3. 4.05-06 Launch Party (Avg Rating: 8.43)
  4. 4.01-02 Fun Run (Avg Rating: 8.41)
  5. 4.12 The Deposition (Avg Rating: 8.36)
  6. 4.09 Local Ad (Avg Rating: 8.26)
  7. 4.10 Branch Wars (Avg Rating: 8.05)
  8. 4.13 Dinner Party (Avg Rating: 7.91)
  9. 4.03-04 Dunder Mifflin Infinity (Avg Rating: 7.65)
  10. 4.15 Night Out (Avg Rating: 7.41) JUST ADDED
  11. 4.11 Survivor Man (Avg Rating: 7.29)
Apr 30th 2008

Id move up dinner party and fun run, lower deposition, but I'd agree with that list.

Apr 30th 2008

"Dinner Party" is 8th? That ain't right.

Apr 30th 2008

"Dinner Party" is 8th? That ain't right.

Yeppers. Should be last.

But Local Ad should be no lower than 3rd.

Apr 30th 2008

I'd group them this way:

Clear top four, in order: Chair Model, Fun Run, Local Ad, Money

Clear bottom two: Survivor Man next-to-last, Branch Wars last

All the rest in the middle, exact rankings could change on a whim.

Apr 30th 2008

Considering the first group of episodes were obviously two-in-one, I don't see how you can fairly rate them against the others.

I am saddened to realize I remember almost nothing about the first half of the season. I did like Local Ad a lot.

Apr 30th 2008

"Money," "The Deposition" and "Dinner Party" would be at the top of my list, and "Branch Wars" would be at the bottom somewhere.

Apr 30th 2008

1) Money 2) Chair Model 3) Local Ad

Apr 30th 2008

Dunder Mifflin Infinity and Launch Party are a blur in my mind. I can't keep straight what happened in each one.

Apr 30th 2008

I do like this episode more as I think about it. The office locked in stuff, whatever. But Michael having this realization that beautiful young women are boring and shockingly ignorant about stuff in his pop culture canon is an interesting--albeit obvious--contrast to his talk about models in the previous episode. It is also satisfying to see him turned down by beautiful women after the way he turned on Pam's landlady after a remarkably honest conversation. That's twice now he's brought up the spectre of loneliness aloud.

Apr 30th 2008

Some people across Internet land thought the chair model looked like Jan.

I actually saw this exchange somewhere:

Useless Yob#1: OMG wuz the modil CArolL?!?!?!?!?!?????!!!!
Useless Yob#2: no duh that wsa jan in a wigg

(edited for clarity and punctuation)

Apr 30th 2008

Dunder Mifflin Infinity and Launch Party are a blur in my mind. I can't keep straight what happened in each one.

How can you forget Andy's rendition of Take a Chance? Please tell me you didn't forget that. Ed Helms was amazing in that scene. The look of "Please hear me out" was spot on. I loved that scene.

Apr 30th 2008

I remember that scene. I have no sense of context for it. None.

Apr 30th 2008

I don't either. About all I can remember of any one episode specifically is the beet farm in Money. I remember everything that happened, but I couldn't tell you in what episode or what order.

Apr 30th 2008 edited

That was in Launch Party because it happened after Andy stole the ice centerpiece for the party. Sure, that scene stands out, but a lot of them in those two episodes don't. And I have an encyclopedic memory of almost every other episode ever aired.

Apr 30th 2008

And I have an encyclopedic memory of almost every other episode ever aired.

Slacker.

Apr 30th 2008

And I have an encyclopedic memory of almost every other episode ever aired.

If you're not going to commit, then why are you even here?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. >